Chapter 5 The Race Discussions

Oo_pommes_oO

Why are gamers sooooooo childish nowadays :D? OMG this mission is so hard OMG I can't do it... This is my first time playing Mafia and I have passed the race on classic difficulty after 6 hours of trying. Crying so much over a few hours? Please, Sans from Undertale took me half a year of daily practice to win :)

• Like 4

On 25/09/2020 at 4:22 PM, DividedByMankind said:

and bf1 shooting those planes down in the campaign. All these challenges needs is practice. If the person cant get it. The trophy simply is not for that person.

Now hold on a second, for Battlefield 1 they nerfed the multiplayer version of those turrets which affected them in the campaign. That's why the trophy was was much harder to earn until they fixed it.

Edited by bikeman223

8 hours ago, Ashbo said:

It could be the classic negajinx moment where you can’t see the wood for the trees and then bam, you nail the trophy either a few hours/days or wks later first time!

This does happen a lot. On the flip side I know there are trophies I've earned though pure luck or by the skin of my teeth that I probably couldn't easily replicate 

• Like 2

Use the ram button (x) around corners and tap the handbrake (circle) to help get around corners easier, obviously it is a must that you slow down and take each corner slow, especially the first one. Took me 2 hours to get it done and I'm pretty lousy at racing games.

• Like 4

As Brenden Said, abose the RAM button, to gain speed and to drift at some courners, as soon you get used to it, you Will see this Will make this Race easy even on classic it took me 1 or 2 hours of trying but as soon i discover this i did it easy, you can get 1st place in the 1st lap,just abose the RAM button with the brake, use R3 see behind and avoid the Cars to get pass you, all the Cars are Faster then yours on classic. I dont coment much here,but as someone who play the original back in 2001 and this Race almost broke my Will to finish the game,but i manage back then and i did it again. On a side note, there is a shotcut but dont use it because you car will fly and you Will loose Control of it just break a bit and continue. Well good luck to you all, its not a easy part,its the most frusting part on classic but the rest of the game its very manageble.

• Like 1

Well i completed the race on classic mode yesterday so its not impossible. Here's some tips: Always break around turns and use X if you drift while turning, find a comfortable canera position, those are the tricks that i used and they really helped me!

Edited by TA_317

On 25/9/2020 at 6:54 PM, LMiner_ said:

Playing the original as a child i could never get past the race mission. I replayed and beated the game back in 2014 and didn't have much of an issue, sure it took a couple of tries but nothing close to impossible as some people say.

Keep in mind that in the original game you had to be first, but some time after, the devs made a patch so you just had to end the career (and maybe even dumbed down the rivals), with no need to end first in order to continue the game.

So it could very well be that when you were a child, you played the original game with the race being frustratingly hard, and in 2014 you played quite surely an easier version of the race.

If the race in the remake is as hard as the original one, lots of people are going to suffer lol. Unless you are good in racing games, i'ts going to be a PITA, the higher mountain to climb for the platinum.

13 hours ago, RoxasOnFire said:

Try using first person driving. The one time I did I finished it on my first try after days of trying otherwise. The handling feels better.

This is definitely the way to go! I didn't even manage to finish the first lap without being severely behind but as soon as I switched to first person I managed to win within 40 minutes. Definitely easier to handle the car and stay in lane. Still used the ram but it was way easier for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ekir said:

So it could very well be that when you were a child, you played the original game with the race being frustratingly hard, and in 2014 you played quite surely an easier version of the race.

If the race in the remake is as hard as the original one, lots of people are going to suffer lol. Unless you are good in racing games, i'ts going to be a PITA, the higher mountain to climb for the platinum.

Older games were harder because of the limited game mechanics.

Kids nowadays would cry long before they would finish Devil May Cry.

1 hour ago, GeneSaw said:

This is definitely the way to go! I didn't even manage to finish the first lap without being severely behind but as soon as I switched to first person I managed to win within 40 minutes. Definitely easier to handle the car and stay in lane. Still used the ram but it was way easier for me.

Yep, gotta use the ram at any straight path to speed up. And you can utilize the scripted crashes to your advantage if you can stay ahead. Oh and the grass, always use the grass, lol.