PS Plus October 2020 - Doabale Platinum?

its_ArchroniX

This game along with Need for Speed payback are the free games with PS plus of October 2020.

Is the platinum doable and what are your overall thoughts on this game?

I'm not only asking this for myself but also for other people with the same question now that the game is free and that visit the trophy page but are unsure about installing it (and having a uncompletable/ hard game in their list). :)

Edited by its_ArchroniX
  • Like 1

I have played through the game last year, and i have to say i really liked it.  It has great atmosphere.  I was getting a little bored with it by the end of my first playthrough, and as the game (or at least how i played it) required 2 playthroughs, i couldn't be bothered to drag myself through another playthrough.

I'm only 9 trophies short of the plat, so now it's on plus and the plat rarity will lower, i might actually go back and do a second playthrough to clean up and get the plat.

So to answer the OP question, IMHO, the game is well worth the play, but if you are a completionist i would be following a guide closely so you get it done as quickly as possible.  If you just want to experience a good game and don't care about a 50%-60% completion sitting on your account, this won't disappoint. 

EDIT: It's not hard at all. Just required some organisation

Edited by the_game_nerd
  • Like 1

There is definitely some micro-managing needed in order to get the pacifist ending and have all NPCs around at the end of the game.

But it was an enjoyable game. Once you've done an initial run, there's still the keyboard "cheat" that allows you to maximize your exp so you can breeze through a second run. Provided it hasn't been patched, anyway.

Just now, Apollo said:

There is definitely some micro-managing needed in order to get the pacifist ending and have all NPCs around at the end of the game.

But it was an enjoyable game. Once you've done an initial run, there's still the keyboard "cheat" that allows you to maximize your exp so you can breeze through a second run. Provided it hasn't been patched, anyway.

Yeah i was just reading the guide over on PST and apparently the keyboard cheat was patched as of 1.04.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/vampyr/327552-vampyr-trophy-guide-roadmap.html 

You don't need 2 playthroughs, just back up the save before start killing for the all districts turning to hostile. One district at a time, go to sleep, next district etc. Then you restore the save and finish the no kill run.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, sk_lp_him said:

You don't need 2 playthroughs, just back up the save before start killing for the all districts turning to hostile. One district at a time, go to sleep, next district etc. Then you restore the save and finish the no kill run.

I dunno, i was running it last night on PSNOW, and perhaps you can do hostile and no kills at once. 

Trying to do it is going to mess me up on other things as im not collectible hunting, but im going to just get the 10 heals trophy then leave every1, perhaps districts will be hostile at the end. 

The collectible hunting seems to be the worse thing to me, wish they was a optimal roadmap for it with weapons in there as well all listed in chronological order you may pass them naturally, weapons and files, think im wishing for too much though xD

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

I dunno, i was running it last night on PSNOW, and perhaps you can do hostile and no kills at once. 

Trying to do it is going to mess me up on other things as im not collectible hunting, but im going to just get the 10 heals trophy then leave every1, perhaps districts will be hostile at the end. 

The collectible hunting seems to be the worse thing to me, wish they was a optimal roadmap for it with weapons in there as well all listed in chronological order you may pass them naturally, weapons and files, think im wishing for too much though xD

Any good roadmaps 

10 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Any good roadmaps 

Not for a sort of optimal choronological order for all collectibles including weapons, that I know off anyway. 

Ive not looked hard though only here and pstrophies. 

I know they're great and still get the job done, but I realpy dislike going through 5 lists, 1 at a time, and I each list you are just running back to where you were on previous list or that you already passed in the story, but takes you 30mins to get back to the spot lol xD

Im going to have a little look for 1 i'll let you know if I spot one. If not I may put 1 together myself with plat steps included, but with Crash 4 around the corner, im not sure if I will get far with this game, just not enough time

If you find somet let me know also please m8 ;)

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

I don’t think there is need for one, just enjoy the game.

The only major missable (and I think the only ones) collectibles and weapons are tied to https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/7640-vampyr/11-bloody-roots

In short, just don’t read the diary. 

By the way, why would this game be un-doable? ?

29 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Not for a sort of optimal choronological order for all collectibles including weapons, that I know off anyway. 

Ive not looked hard though only here and pstrophies. 

I know they're great and still get the job done, but I realpy dislike going through 5 lists, 1 at a time, and I each list you are just running back to where you were on previous list or that you already passed in the story, but takes you 30mins to get back to the spot lol xD

Im going to have a little look for 1 i'll let you know if I spot one. If not I may put 1 together myself with plat steps included, but with Crash 4 around the corner, im not sure if I will get far with this game, just not enough time

If you find somet let me know also please m8 ;)

OK thanks

9 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

I will check it out

50 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

I don’t think there is need for one, just enjoy the game.

The only major missable (and I think the only ones) collectibles and weapons are tied to https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/7640-vampyr/11-bloody-roots

In short, just don’t read the diary. 

By the way, why would this game be un-doable? 1f914.png

Ahh yea I know m8, i'll just enjoy it a little bit more if I dont spend time retracing steps ;)

Yea I got that from the TG, many thanks btw! A quick note abt the save backups, the 1st one you mentiones, I didnt need to, I just quit to main menu from the pause menu as soon as the trophy popped, then loaded save backup and let Clay go. 

I'll definitely be doing the backup at the end, although im currently playing through without healing/helping anyone other than the 10 and seeing if I can do hostile/pacifist at once xD

Un-doable, I just mean there are games incoming that im more hyped for and I may not get time to finish this. 

Im only playing this actually because its on Plus soon and im seeing if I could shave off much time for others in a optimal platinum walkthrough, just testing the waters basically ;)

55 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Many thanks for the link, will check it out also. Ive actually been seeing quite a lot of walkthroughs like this on that site, something I need to check more

17 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Ahh yea I know m8, i'll just enjoy it a little bit more if I dont spend time retracing steps ;)

Yea I got that from the TG, many thanks btw! A quick note abt the save backups, the 1st one you mentiones, I didnt need to, I just quit to main menu from the pause menu as soon as the trophy popped, then loaded save backup and let Clay go. 

I'll definitely be doing the backup at the end, although im currently playing through without healing/helping anyone other than the 10 and seeing if I can do hostile/pacifist at once xD

Un-doable, I just mean there are games incoming that im more hyped for and I may not get time to finish this. 

Im only playing this actually because its on Plus soon and im seeing if I could shave off much time for others in a optimal platinum walkthrough, just testing the waters basically ;)

Many thanks for the link, will check it out also. Ive actually been seeing quite a lot of walkthroughs like this on that site, something I need to check more

I still wish playstation players would write guides like true achievements people do it's usually always the best lol

@Optinooby

I know, the last question were more aimed for OP, since I didn’t think this game had a fame for being hard or unattainable.

It’s honestly a very good game, my best advice to everyone would be to enjoy the game, most collectibles and weapons are gathered if exploring enough and completing side quests so not a big deal.

And by the way, don’t try to make everyone hostile, you’ll miss most npcs and quests and mess your run, not even a second run is needed, just loading backup and killing everyone is enough (1-2h top).

Seriously, there is no need to rush this game. If you don’t have time better left this game on the plus library and come later.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, x_Sw4ggYDuD3xx said:

I will get the physical version of Vampyr and getting the platinum and I heard it's an easy platinum.

if you just want to get the physical version to use the XP cheat, just wait.

Maybe try at first to download the game from PSN as "unpatched version" with the help of this post: [Guide] How to get 1.00 Digital Games. - PlayStation 4 - PSNProfiles

Could be working with the Vampyr download and could spare you some money.

On 8.10.2020 at 4:16 AM, wackt1 said:

Are there any gamebreaking glitches in the game?

So far for me no game breaking glichtches, but im only chapter 2. But i saw some flaws with some hints for characters which avoid getting the hint (and therefore some precious XP for the pacificst run)

Great game, feels a bit like Bloodborne. Love the setting, the story but dislike the long loading screens (why anno 2020!!) . Big diffrence is you don't lose any XP when you die....

Don't get hold off for the 'not even once' trophy, you are not allowed to embrace any NPC's and that cuts you off on XP and thus levelling up. I was lvl 25 when I defeated the last boss. Especially in the last part of the can be a bit of a challenge but nothing too much. So be careful where to put your XP in! As for bosses; just read their attacks and you will be fine