Sony Launching New PS Store on Web and Mobile This Month

Aranea Highwind

3 hours ago, realm722 said:

There's something about big corporations being incapable of making good, functional, websites for their product. NBA has the same problem where it's largely unusable if you just want a simple place to yanno... get what you want.

Because they're only concerned about the status quo and the profits, they don't want to hire capable IT people who can make a decent, functional website.

A lot of websites from big corporations nowadays just suck. Massive graphics, wasted space, needless padding, and other pointless junk. They think bigger is always better, in many cases it's not.

I miss the 2000s era when big websites had simple, straight forward designs. Every other website I go to anymore is basically designed with mobile in mind, but damn if I find too many websites anymore that look good on my Windows 10 laptop.

Doesn't help that most designs I see nowadays lack any depth and creativity. It's all the same bland styles and art.

• Like 1

And now the store seems to be completely broken to me. I can only see the game icons, no prices or other information beneath. And when I click  any game, still no prices and no buy / download options while logged in...

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, FielVeredus said:

Thanks god i am not only one thinking new store is basically unusable.

It is just that bad , even worse than Facebook UI redesign

My God the new FB redesign... even the various plugins that are supposed to restore the old layout don't work "on some accounts" lmao.

I really hope this early access store becomes a fully functional, logical tool again to buy games. 

As for the wishlist, I'm pretty sure it'll  back. In the new Playstation app there is a setting to enable push notification for wishlist update. It wouldn't be there otherwise. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dcdfan said:

And now the store seems to be completely broken to me. I can only see the game icons, no prices or other information beneath. And when I click  any game, still no prices and no buy / download options while logged in...

Same for me...maybe they are trying to fix the other errors, but breaking it more in the process lol...

14 hours ago, sk_lp_him said:

They've added the game titles below the game covers. It's incredible "new" feature.

Ye, at least the game titles are finally back. That's the minimum of usability for an e-shop ?. But still missing the connection between main game & dlc, filters for genres etc. and screenshots. Well, someday ... ?

• Like 1

I have been using that great link posted in here earlier to get to the old store front and was hoping that would mean I never had to visit the new abomination again. However on that beautiful properly designed elegant version the PS Plus titles are not updating. So I had to go to the turd that is the new store. After 5 attempts at trying to bag the plus titles with no joy I gave up and grabbed them via my PS4.

As previously mentioned in here, there seems to be no way to add the PS5 freebie to my account via the new store even though it says you can

Teething problems I can accept, but putting your entire store online without checking the very basic process of being able to bag anything is crazy. 

With the site being the mess that it is, I'm going to face the console shop for a while. At least until they get their act together.

That, and the old shop is still accessible.. just to check out the newer games.

--Edit--

Seems that the "Download now" button for the PS+ games lead to the gamepage of the shop where you can "Add to library".

Also I'm almost convinced there's no way to view the PS5 games. Which would explain why it's not possible to add the PS+ PS5 game (Bugsnax) to my library... yet another failure on Sony's end.

Edited by Shikotei-kun
Update PS+ games

2 hours ago, Shikotei-kun said:

Also I'm almost convinced there's no way to view the PS5 games. Which would explain why it's not possible to add the PS+ PS5 game (Bugsnax) to my library.

Well, I can see PS5 games in the store just fine.

Also, no one can add Bugsnax to their library yet, it's not available.

oZLruf9.png

https://store.playstation.com/en-sk/product/IP9100-PPSA01325_00-PREINMASTER00000

3 hours ago, HusKy said:

Well, I can see PS5 games in the store just fine.

Also, no one can add Bugsnax to their library yet, it's not available.

You're right, they're there. But most (if not all) are only visible in the category "coming soon".

I had expected a similar button like those to PS4, Deals, Add-ons, Free-to-play, VR, PS+, and PS Now but for PS5. There is not.

So you can see PS4 games, or latest releases/coming soon with PS4/PS5, but not just PS5 games.

I just miss those dang filters.

The image on the "latest games" page (https://store.playstation.com/nl-nl/latest) with Miles Morales, Sack Boy, and Demon's Souls has a title "PS5 - Digital Pre-orders" but also shows PS4 pre-orders..

The "New games" page seems to show only the last 3 weeks (oldest game is released on 17-10-2020) and includes Astro's Playroom (PS5) so there's PS5 games in that list.

If there is a "list of all PS5 games" page I haven't found it.

Bugsnax not having a game page (the only search result is the promo page) would better explain why it's not possible to add it.

Here's to hoping they add it before the end of the month.

On a side note: depending on where you are in the website the search bar goes to different pages:

https://www.playstation.com/nl-nl/search-results/?q=bugsnax
https://store.playstation.com/nl-nl/search/bugsnax

The store doesn't find anything, the normal does (the promo page).

OK, my (hopefully) improved PS4/PS5 web storefront is ready for private beta testing. If you'd like to give it a spin, send me a message. Still a few features missing (most notably the wishlist, which is next on my to-do list) but the search and trophy integration seem to be working well as far as I can tell.

• Like 1

I tried the new store on pc with my account, which is from the US but I don't live there, but everytime I select PS4 games it signs me out as I see the sign in on the right top of the page. Have this happened to some of you?

I still haven't updated the mobile app yet, but if the same thing is going to happen I'll be completely pissed off.

I still don't show any screenshots or trailers for any of the games on their respective page...like i'm checking out the sales and if i want to know what a game is like, all l i have to go on is the title and a summary? I've been having to search youtube trailers for each of the games that sound like they might be interesting and it's kind of a nuisance....i feel like i'm back in the 90's where you had to go into a store and check a box cover to see what the game looked like....

I was browsing some sales yesterday:

2020-11-12-13h54-27.png

And I had the tab open for some hours, then I clicked on A Knight's Quest:

image.png

How do you even buy it?

Well, I went back to check on the sale. None of the games have any prices anymore. I can't buy any game!!

image.png

Wtf Sony!!!!! I can't even buy the games!

EDIT:

I don't know if Sony changed anything, but I tried to log out, clear all store and Sony related cookies, and tried to log in again. Now I can see all the prices again!

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

I went on and updated the app since despite finding Bugsnax while searching it in the older version it led me to a broken page.

After the update the app I got an error twice and infinite loading after that, I deleted the app and installed it again and after getting error a couple of times the app finally let me sign in.

I like the integration of features, the Store is accessible without loading another screen, and that adding PS+ titles is easier. What I dislike is that I couldn't see the game icons only the price and since there are no titles, it's a total mess, e.g. I was able to added Bugsnax to my library but I didn't see the icon, however I knew it was the game since the other 2 games next to it had a purchased under the missing icon.

I hope they fix this mess soon.

PD: It looks like you can't add games from the PS+ Collection since those have full price.

On 11/12/2020 at 1:58 PM, MMDE said:

Wtf Sony!!!!! I can't even buy the games!

EDIT:

I don't know if Sony changed anything, but I tried to log out, clear all store and Sony related cookies, and tried to log in again. Now I can see all the prices again!

I had this exact issue too. Probably just a bug that they quickly fixed.

I was able to buy a load of games from the new website the other day that were on sale. It actually worked quite well in all fairness, although I built my shopping list using PS Prices, doing it on the new Store would likely be a nightmare.

I still don't understand why they still limit you to ten games/items per transaction though. I always forget about that and then mess up where I am on my shopping list.

Edited by baboon_overlord
Submit button went haywire and posted four times....