New Arms Race DLC trophies

WhoElseBut-Matty

2 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

How so? I haven't seen anything on this, some info would be greatly appreciated. I've read 

"Director’s Cut – which includes additional missions, end-game content, and behind-the-scenes extras – is planned for release in spring of next year. Season Pass 2, Designer’s Cut, and Director’s Cut require a copy of Borderlands 3 to play."

To me that implies new side missions and end game stuff but not a NG+ sort of playthrough. We'll see, I guess!

I read a rumour somewhere they're adding Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode AKA Playthrough 3 with the Director's Cut DLC. If they add a trophy for finishing Playthrough 3, you will have to finish the game 3 times to get it, since UVHM doesn't unlock until after you finish True Vault Hunter Mode AKA Playthrough 2, which in turn doesn't unlock until after you have finished Playthrough 1. I never bothered with Playthrough 2 in BL3 because the story and characters weren't interesting enough for me to care about doing it all again but having to do 3 Playthroughs will be mind numbingly boring so pray they don't add a trophy for doing that.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I read a rumour somewhere they're adding Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode AKA Playthrough 3 with the Director's Cut DLC. If they add a trophy for finishing Playthrough 3, you will have to finish the game 3 times to get it, since UVHM doesn't unlock until after you finish True Vault Hunter Mode AKA Playthrough 2, which in turn doesn't unlock until after you have finished Playthrough 1. I never bothered with Playthrough 2 in BL3 because the story and characters weren't interesting enough for me to care about doing it all again but having to do 3 Playthroughs will be mind numbingly boring so pray they don't add a trophy for doing that.

Yeh, as much as I love my 100%, I'm not going to play Borderlands 3 another 2 times lmao.

• Like 2

People are complaining that they release a Season 2 Pass but people LITERALLY asked for this. Randy Pitchford (Owner of Gearbox, the developers) asked if people would rather have larger, paid DLCs after the 4th DLC. Or way smaller, free DLCs. More people wanted another season pass than the free stuff, myself included. I'm still not buying the pass right away since it's just 1 little arena mode & an extra skill tree for $40 which isn't worth it to me just yet. But the people saying they'd never buy another Gearbox game again, calling the devs extremely greedy yada yada yada when it was the majority of the players that wanted another season pass is kinda dumb. If you're gonna blame anyone, blame the people who wanted it.

22 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

How so? I haven't seen anything on this, some info would be greatly appreciated. I've read 

"Director’s Cut – which includes additional missions, end-game content, and behind-the-scenes extras – is planned for release in spring of next year. Season Pass 2, Designer’s Cut, and Director’s Cut require a copy of Borderlands 3 to play."

To me that implies new side missions and end game stuff but not a NG+ sort of playthrough. We'll see, I guess!

Just going off the name “director’s cut” I would assume they would add some sort of tweaks or cut missions to the story? They said there will be new end game content and new ways to play(new skill tree and gears I assume) but another playthrough is just my speculation. 

Edited by Mirrors1118
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mirrors1118 said:

Just going off the name “director’s cut” I would assume they would add some sort of tweaks or cut missions to the story? They said there will be new end game content and new ways to play(new skill tree and gears I assume) but another playthrough is just my speculation. 

hopefully we might finally see something like cut raid bosses that people have been speculating about for the past year other than the ones added purely for the takedowns

So maybe someone can clear this up for me. I won’t be buying this second season pass until it hits a hard sale. Given that time I’ll be playing it on PS5. BL3 has a free upgrade (I think?) from PS4 to PS5... does that mean when I want to do this second pass I’ll have to go back to my ps4 console to avoid having 2 separate list of trophies? Or will I be able to play it on the PS5 and complete my PS4 list?

Shits confusing my sleep deprived brain.

Edited by Skurkitty
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Skurkitty said:

So maybe someone can clear this up for me. I won’t be buying this second season pass until it hits a hard sale. Given that time I’ll be playing it on PS5. BL3 has a free upgrade (I think?) from PS4 to PS5... does that mean when I want to do this second pass I’ll have to go back to my ps4 console to avoid having 2 separate list of trophies? Or will I be able to play it on the PS5 and complete my PS4 list?

Shits confusing my sleep deprived brain.

Again, another reason why this is confusion and they should have adopted the shared list system Xbox has, as both versions have shared progress and achievements. I would just play it safe and play it on PS4, looks like it'll only take 2-3 hours and you know for sure then it won't accidentally pop a trophy on PS5. No idea if you can play the PS5 and PS4 version of the same game on PS5....my sleep deprived brain also hurts now! 

9 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Again, another reason why this is confusion and they should have adopted the shared list system Xbox has, as both versions have shared progress and achievements. I would just play it safe and play it on PS4, looks like it'll only take 2-3 hours and you know for sure then it won't accidentally pop a trophy on PS5. No idea if you can play the PS5 and PS4 version of the same game on PS5....my sleep deprived brain also hurts now! 

Yeah I have to admit, it is very confusing, even for people like us who pay attention to this stuff.

A couple of weeks ago I'd have bet all I have on the PS5 versions having shared lists but here we are. You must be able to select which version you want to play from the PS5 main menu, or you just refuse to download the upgrade which makes it BC. But what happens if you want to switch between the two? Too complicated for something that should be so simple.

20 minutes ago, KingCuervo88 said:

so the only way to get the Arms Race trophies is to buy the $30 Directors Cut thingymajig? or am i retarded and reading everything wrong

As of now, each of the 3 trophies costs 10$ (If you get the new Pass)

There will be more of course but as i said, we have no real info on future additions to the trophy list.

Edited by Desomorphin
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

how long does it take to earn the 3 new dlc trophies?

4-5hrs. depending on luck with the gear you find and how efficient you are with the Complex Made Simple trophy but do note that the Treat Yo Self trophy cannot be done in co-op, because the extraction process only works for the host.

10 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

4-5hrs. depending on luck with the gear you find and how efficient you are with the Complex Made Simple trophy but do note that the Treat Yo Self trophy cannot be done in co-op, because the extraction process only works for the host.

I think faster.

1 serious run for the boss trophy

Just spam runs for 1 hour to get 100 extracts and then just run around the map to get the all zones trophy. That shouldn't take 5 hours right?

11 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

I think faster.

1 serious run for the boss trophy

Just spam runs for 1 hour to get 100 extracts and then just run around the map to get the all zones trophy. That shouldn't take 5 hours right?

I can only report how I did it and those trophies took me 4-5hrs to get, because of various bugs, cheap deaths and misc technical problems that forced me to reload my save due to getting stuck and not being able to kill myself. The Murdercane moves so quickly, it's impossible to uncover much of the map before it moves in and quickly kills you, thus forcing you to spend hours running round trying to figure out where the locations are that you're missing. If you're really, really, good/lucky, then 3hrs is possible but you will need to be ultra lucky to pull off such a feat. Also, this DLC is so boring it's hard to play without wanting to turn it off almost immediately. You also have to factor in the painful load times when you have to change areas then fast travel back so you can restart the Mission.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

man i bought the first season pass on sale as i only heard of 3 dlc being planned for the game. i rented it ahead of time when only 2 were released cuz i was actually looking forward to playing the game. then i rented it out a second time when the 3rd dlc dropped, no problem as its what i planned for! but MAN when did multiple season passes become a thing, i must be living under a rock or something lol. the only other game that comes to mind is ghost recon wildlands, im sure there are others but....so much for getting all dlc with the OG season pass anymore.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Atom1cMoose said:

man i bought the first season pass on sale as i only heard of 3 dlc being planned for the game. i rented it ahead of time when only 2 were released cuz i was actually looking forward to playing the game. then i rented it out a second time when the 3rd dlc dropped, no problem as its what i planned for! but MAN when did multiple season passes become a thing, i must be living under a rock or something lol. the only other game that comes to mind is ghost recon wildlands, im sure there are others but....so much for getting all dlc with the OG season pass anymore.

Koei Tecmo started this trend with Dead or Alive 5, which got at least 7 season passes when all was said and done. Evolve got 2, DOA 6 got approx 5 and the list goes on and on and on and is getting nauseatingly common these days :(.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Koei Tecmo started this trend with Dead or Alive 5, which got at least 7 season passes when all was said and done. Evolve got 2, DOA 6 got approx 5 and the list goes on and on and on and is getting nauseatingly common these days :(.

those season passes you're talking about are just characters and costumes, and didn't include additionnal trophies. If this season didn't include trophies then people would be okay with that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, othmaneAD said:

those season passes you're talking about are just characters and costumes, and didn't include additionnal trophies. If this season didn't include trophies then people would be okay with that

I find the whole concept of multiple Season Passes distasteful, regardless of if there are trophies involved or not.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 2