The Prestige Trophy Has Been Replaced

Nitroman65

Nice that it's still achievable for those that still want it. Glad I got this done a long time ago, the time investment for this one alone is going to be rough.

I'd have been disappointed there's no new DLC trophies if I was still really into Destiny, but I've fallen off it since Shadowkeep. No new trophies means less of reason to pick-up Beyond Light anytime soon.

1 hour ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Looks like another expansion without trophies, which means another one I don't buy.

Now, with 2 major expansions released without trophies (Shadow Keep and Beyond Light), it's safe to assume that any future major content releases won't have them either.  It looks like they will be using the in-game triumphs going forward, like @PortaLuna mentioned.

36 minutes ago, mumik08 said:

I just realized now there's 3 trophies for the nightfall strike.One for doing it on regular, one for doing it on master and the hardest one for grandmaster so just do grandmaster and get 3 trophies.

Unfortunately it isn't as easy as "just do grandmaster" as the previous page already stated :P

• Like 3

Personally I think people unfamiliar with GM Nightfalls are vastly overestimating them. As far as I’m concerned, Prestige Leviathan was a much harder task (unless you skipped to the boss). 

With 1 (or 2) seasoned players who know what they’re doing you will complete a GM NF in 20-40 minutes and I can promise it’ll almost feel like a stroll. The extremely high damage output from enemies will feel daunting until you realise that keeping your distance is all that’s needed to borderline trivialise much of it. Likewise, the enemy Champions become relatively simple to take down once you understand how they work and what weapons are meta.

Furthermore, you have a choice of 6 GM’s per season. Some will be much easier than others and you’ll be free to choose whichever is easiest. The hardest part will be playing the game enough to reach the necessary power level required to start the activity. 

Meanwhile I have seen even well-versed players take 10+ hours to scrape through Leviathan Prestige. I’ve seen far more teams give up on the raid than I have seen beat it. The communication and coordination required between 6 strangers for such a long amount of time is far more gruelling and difficult IMO. 

It’s very easy to find players that will be willing to carry you through a GM on either the D2 app or Reddit. If you’re really desperate you can even send me a message anytime and I might be willing to help. 

• Like 3

The grind just got longer for those who play base game, itll take you a solid month to reach GM level(or more). Heavily dependent on your rng with powerful drops past the soft cap

Prestige leviathan was much easier and required like no grinding.

Edited by NomadDragon

2 minutes ago, MrFudge said:

Personally I think people unfamiliar with GM Nightfalls are vastly overestimating them. As far as I’m concerned, Prestige Leviathan was a much harder task (unless you skipped to the boss). 

Having played a LOT of Destiny 2 in the past, including up to the current season (when I decided I’d had enough), I’d say the issue for most people will be the amount of time spent getting to the point, within a season, of even being able to enter the GM Nightfall. While you may spend a few hours actually getting Prestige Leviathan done, the entry requirements were fairly basic, and it was easy enough to find groups willing to sherpa inexperienced players through the content.

GM Nightfalls on the other hand, while being soloed by the elite types, and perhaps only taking 20-40 minutes for a small percentage of the community, represent a HUGE investment of time within the confines of a single season to get your character to the required level to even access the content. Getting to the point where you can realistically access and complete the content requires significant amounts of farming to max out your character, while also levelling your artifact to 20+, and hoping to get decent drops for Pinnacle activities. For most players, this is going to represent a far larger time commitment, within a limited window, to accomplish. Yes, three months is sufficient time but you’ll have to be playing a LOT if you have any hope of being able to do it, and if you miss for whatever reason you basically have to restart the grind again the following season. Not something I’d want to do honestly.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

Unfortunately it isn't as easy as "just do grandmaster" as the previous page already stated :P

Yeah.I read everything on this forum thread and yeah I can't say I don't agree with you.I'm gonna need destiny 2 pros to carry me throught these 3 trophies because I only played about 4 hours.If anyone wants to help please do I love Destiny 2 with my 4 hours of playing but I have a lot of other games that I need to finish and/or plat.So yeah.

3 minutes ago, mumik08 said:

Yeah.I read everything on this forum thread and yeah I can't say I don't agree with you.I'm gonna need destiny 2 pros to carry me throught these 3 trophies because I only played about 4 hours.If anyone wants to help please do I love Destiny 2 with my 4 hours of playing but I have a lot of other games that I need to finish and/or plat.So yeah.

It's not something you can just get carried through, I mean it can be but you're gonna have to grind a ton to get to the proper level to even enter the event. Plus if you don't have Beyond Light expansion, its gonna take even longer. You're gonna need to play like 10-20x what you've done thus far

Edited by NomadDragon

Oh thanks for the 

1 minute ago, NomadDragon said:

It's not something you can just get carried through, I mean it can be but you're gonna have to grind a ton to get to the proper level to even enter the event. Plus if you don't have Beyond Light expansion, its gonna take even longer

Oh thanks for the information.Much appreciated.BTW how much hours do you think I'll have to play Destiny 2.Like I said before I love it but don't want to play more than 100 hours.Maybe even if it is more than 100 hours I'll play it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mumik08 said:

Oh thanks for the 

Oh thanks for the information.Much appreciated.BTW how much hours do you think I'll have to play Destiny 2.Like I said before I love it but don't want to play more than 100 hours.Maybe even if it is more than 100 hours I'll play it.

It's very dependent on rng. I'll make sure to access the new content today and see if GM got any easier to access this season, as im going off of the last few seasons. I'll try to bring any helpful info back into this thread.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NomadDragon said:

It's very dependent on rng. I'll make sure to access the new content today and see if GM got any easier to access this season, as im going off of the last few seasons. I'll try to bring any helpful info back into this thread.

Thanks I'm pretty sure a lot of other people will also appreciate it.

I'll probably get In a flash since its way easier now and I've already completed one.I'll maybe start doing challenges aswell.

1 minute ago, Keyser Soze said:

I never got enough light to play GM, nevermind finishing it.

I know it seems long and hard because of everyone's post and I want to get the platinum no matter how long it takes except if it takes more than 200 hours.It's a pretty fun game for me.

1 hour ago, mumik08 said:

Oh thanks for the 

Well, if last season is a measurement to go from you will probably go way beyond 100 hours to enter GM. To give you a perspective. I started Destiny in August and have putted somewhere between 200-300 hours into it since then. My power level at the end of the season were currently 1071 which didn't even let me enter GM.

• Like 1

As stated before GM nightfalls are brural but now that the hive,taken and fallen mods have been removed it will be alot worse. My suggestion for those that still need this trophy would be to attempt this in LOS as it is shortest NF but it is still a big challenge specially if you have never done a nightfall at master/grandmaster before. 

This might be the first time any game ever changed the requirements for any trophy by editing the description?
I just managed to squeeze in the platinum on my main account before the big vault. I'll say this; Leviathan prestige was a pain in the neck to organise / get the checkpoint to reach final boss / find 6 willing players. But myself include in a full team, we had 2 players who were quite new to the game and could essentially be carried through the raid with very little issue.
Nightfall on Grandmaster difficulty however is going to require all 3 players to be at least very good at the game, you won't just be able to rely on the help of the others now. So this is definitely the harder of the two trophies and if you want the platinum then you best git gud!

1 hour ago, mumik08 said:

I know it seems long and hard because of everyone's post and I want to get the platinum no matter how long it takes except if it takes more than 200 hours.It's a pretty fun game for me.

I invested 270 hours last season in destiny 2 and was a level 1065 so I didnt reach the level I need to enter grandmaster nightfall . I don't think u understand what we been saying over 2 pages now that u need to grind a insane amount to even be able to enter the activity so thinking its as easy as starting it and getting carried through its not . Like stated many times u will need to invest a lot of time to get to that point in one season meaning 3 months and then u need go finish it in that same season cuz u get resetted and power level increases every season . 

24 minutes ago, whittle181 said:

This might be the first time any game ever changed the requirements for any trophy by editing the description?
I just managed to squeeze in the platinum on my main account before the big vault. I'll say this; Leviathan prestige was a pain in the neck to organise / get the checkpoint to reach final boss / find 6 willing players. But myself include in a full team, we had 2 players who were quite new to the game and could essentially be carried through the raid with very little issue.
Nightfall on Grandmaster difficulty however is going to require all 3 players to be at least very good at the game, you won't just be able to rely on the help of the others now. So this is definitely the harder of the two trophies and if you want the platinum then you best git gud!

No rainbow six siege pretty much changed the entire trophy list , destiny changed trophy list before so thats the second time already for them . It can happen that they change it but that's good cuz they mean they care about trophies atleast 

Edited by littleprincessJJ

2 hours ago, littleprincessJJ said:

I invested 270 hours last season in destiny 2 and was a level 1065 so I didnt reach the level I need to enter grandmaster nightfall . I don't think u understand what we been saying over 2 pages now that u need to grind a insane amount to even be able to enter the activity so thinking its as easy as starting it and getting carried through its not . Like stated many times u will need to invest a lot of time to get to that point in one season meaning 3 months and then u need go finish it in that same season cuz u get resetted and power level increases every season . 

No rainbow six siege pretty much changed the entire trophy list , destiny changed trophy list before so thats the second time already for them . It can happen that they change it but that's good cuz they mean they care about trophies atleast 

Thanks for replying @littleprincessJJ , I now fully understand that I will nave to also get good thanks for helping me out.I should have started before well all I can do now is decide wether I'm gonna do it or not.I'm still not fully sure.But thanks everyone for replying to me and answering my questions.

I don't know I still want to do it maybe I'm stubborn or just like destiny 2 a lot or both.

11 hours ago, Okoteiru said:

Strongly disagree here.

Nightfall (regardless of the level of difficulty) requires 3 decent players with at least 1 or 2 with decent stuff but there are barely no mechanics involved in strikes/nightfall.

So it's imo much easier to do this than Prestige Leviathan, which on top of being on of the worst raid ever with counterintuitive/clunky mechanics requires a full team of 6 very good coordinated players.

Light level is irrelevant because it's capped out at "activity light level" + 10.

So you might be 1360 light and still get wrecked in Prestige Leviathan because in reality you're capped at "activity light level" + 10.

I dont't remember what it is for Leviathan maybe 750? So capped at 760, and adds pack a punch there.

1 hour ago, MrFudge said:

With 1 (or 2) seasoned players who know what they’re doing you will complete a GM NF in 20-40 minutes and I can promise it’ll almost feel like a stroll. The extremely high damage output from enemies will feel daunting until you realise that keeping your distance is all that’s needed to borderline trivialise much of it. Likewise, the enemy Champions become relatively simple to take down once you understand how they work and what weapons are meta.

Furthermore, you have a choice of 6 GM’s per season. Some will be much easier than others and you’ll be free to choose whichever is easiest. The hardest part will be playing the game enough to reach the necessary power level required to start the activity. 

Meanwhile I have seen even well-versed players take 10+ hours to scrape through Leviathan Prestige. I’ve seen far more teams give up on the raid than I have seen beat it. The communication and coordination required between 6 strangers for such a long amount of time is far more gruelling and difficult IMO. 

It’s very easy to find players that will be willing to carry you through a GM on either the D2 app or Reddit. If you’re really desperate you can even send me a message anytime and I might be willing to help. 

Yeah, surprised so many people are disagreeing with this. I already got the trophies but I'd take GM Nightfalls over a raid everytime. I guess it depends on the type of player you are, cause I'd rather grind all season than having to put up with LFG.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Doomsounder said:

Yeah, surprised so many people are disagreeing with this. I already got the trophies but I'd take GM Nightfalls over a raid everytime. I guess it depends on the type of player you are, cause I'd rather grind all season than having to put up with LFG.

I'd take GM over a raid too. Getting 6 good people together is nothing short of a nightmare in itself.

But there's no denying GM is more difficult. Enemies hit WAY harder than raid enemies, play more aggressive, have tons of champions, and match game lol.

GM's are definitely shorter and easier to find a decent team for but there's no denying that the core content is on a different level of difficulty.

5 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

I'd take GM over a raid too. Getting 6 good people together is nothing short of a nightmare in itself.

But there's no denying GM is more difficult. Enemies hit WAY harder than raid enemies, play more aggressive, have tons of champions, and match game lol.

GM's are definitely shorter and easier to find a decent team for but there's no denying that the core content is on a different level of difficulty.

Well it once again all depends on your light level.

I agree it may be grindy but nowhere near as difficult as to organize 6 people and make them sit and clear through several raid encounters (hopefully without connection issues or glitch).

as MrFudge said if you keep your distance it's not a problem anymore, enemies won't aggro you from the other side of the room.

Champions are just a mechanic, if you have correct mods you can control their abilities and wreck them.

Match game isn't even a problem if you have the correct elements in your loadout, or know which shield elements are involved in which nf, or even a person with hard light can make this problem go.

One of the easiest Nightfall I can think of would be Lake of Shadows, if you're doing this carefully it shouldn't cause too much trouble.

I don't say it's easy I say, but it may not be as hard as everyone think it is.