Uh oh.. PS5 already is having problems.

The_Mighty_Ducks

14 hours ago, Wavergray said:

Not uncommon for a few defective units to pop up during launch. It happened with almost every other console launch. 
It's one of the cons of being an early adopter, but as long as you report it you will get it replaced so you won't lose your money.

Not even launch issue. There’s just always a chance of hardware failure. Even t-shirts get production errors on them, and they have no moving parts of their own. Technology has a lot of things that can go wrong. 

the only issue is when a company willfully releases faulty hardware and you get over 50% failure rates.... but that’s unusual, as most companies who do that go out of business for it. 

5 minutes ago, cckerberos said:

Jesus, people shouldn't just kneejerk slam ACG over this. He's pretty much the opposite of a clickbait YouTuber.

If you actually watch the video, he doesn't attack either Sony or the PS5 over this.

Finally someone who actually understood the vid. 

BTW, has anyone played Spiderman and then put it to sleep mode then resumed the game? Thats when it apparently crashes.

The "launch batch issues" myth is really down to just one console- the Xbox 360 (though perhaps the launch PS3 is somewhat guilty too)- and perpetuated forum-by-forum as if it's a real thing in general. Launch PS5s and Xbox Series X|S are gonna have a failure rate comparable to later batches as well. Anything that gets "ironed out" will be replaced by new issues that will, as before, affect a minority.

• Like 1

It's definitely a small % that experience problems at launch. My PS3 worked flawlessly, but my PS4 experienced the disk eject bug and I had to send it in at launch, then when I got it back there was some kind of power supply issue, which made me send it back, but after that it worked perfectly for the last 7 years. If something goes wrong don't freak out, it's under warranty and will be fixed.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, yellowwindow7 said:

it seems Sam Porter dropped the ps5 during shipping it on foot to fight some B.T's

pro tip: Do Not Buy a Console Day One!

the first line up is always the " Test The Water Before Sailing on It "

This I really want one but it better to wait for bugs to be fixed 

• Like 1

That video is one of the worst click baity YouTube videos Ive ever watched. The guy is talking a whole host of unrelated rubbish to lengthen the video for ads and plug his patreon. I'm not sure what was even the problem which all that extra gabble gabble meh.

Edited by SlipingJimmy
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, SlipingJimmy said:

That video is one of the worst click baity YouTube videos Ive ever watched. The guy is talking a whole host of unrelated rubbish to lengthen the video for ads and plug his patreon. I'm not sure what was even the problem which all that extra gabble gabble meh.

That's because the video was about the changes to his video schedule, not about the PS5 dying.

All that "unrelated rubbish" was the point.

3 hours ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

just get it with extended warranty. mine was 100 for 2yrs. anything happens, i can smash it, call the manager and he'll get me the next one in stock if i had to

Living in Australia this is one of those things that is weird to me. Here the consumer guarantee means that if your product is faulty in any way (not just when you get it, the guarantee is there to ensure a product is capable of working for whatever is considered an acceptable amount of time for that product) that you're entitled to a free repair or replacement, regardless of what warranties are in place and individual retailers policies.

Basically unless we've done something which has lead to the issue (like dropping it) or it's old enough that it's considered to have gone past its life cycle (consoles are meant to last for years until the next generation so no issue there) we would be fine.

That doesn't stop our retailers trying to sucker people in to buying warranties but here it is for the most part completely unnecessary though.

Edited by AusLeviathan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AusLeviathan said:

Here the consumer guarantee means that if your product is faulty in any way the guarantee is there to ensure a product is capable of working for whatever is considered an acceptable amount of time

And what is that acceptable period of time for the consumer guarantee for Playstation 5s in your country? 

7 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

And what is that acceptable period of time for the consumer guarantee for Playstation 5s in your country? 

It's based on the product expectations, there's no hard line, essentially the product has to be able to work as advertised for the length of time a reasonable person would expect it to. A reasonable person buys a console with the expectation that it will work until the next console in the line comes out, so a few years would be covered. The irony is that most warranties that you can buy here are for one or two years making them even more pointless.

We've got a few other cool protections like this too, for example those warranty void if removed stickers, not enforceable in Australia, as long as you removing them doesn't cause damage to the product you're still covered under the consumer guarantee.

Edited by AusLeviathan

3 minutes ago, AusLeviathan said:

It's based on the product expectations, there's no hard line, essentially the product has to be able to work as advertised for the length of time a reasonable person would expect it to. A reasonable person buys a console with the expectation that it will work until the next console in the line comes out, so a few years would be covered. The irony is that most warranties that you can buy here are for one or two years making them even more pointless.

I was just reading about it and the cost to cover that protection is baked into the inflated costs of the goods when you pay for them. That explains some of the high costs you bear over there. 

11 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I was just reading about it and the cost to cover that protection is baked into the inflated costs of the goods when you pay for them. That explains some of the high costs you bear over there. 

Keep in mind that the VAT that we pay on our products is part of the advertised price over here, which is why it generally looks like we pay so much. Take that away and with the exchange rate as it currently is we don't do too bad, though we'll probably always have to pay a little more because our high minimum wage makes manufacturing stuff over here unattractive and so we import a lot of stuff.

We do pay a lot on some things though, food at restaurants is very expensive since all workers there get at least the minimum wage and don't rely of generous tips and our housing prices are ridiculously high.

Edited by AusLeviathan

1 hour ago, AusLeviathan said:

Living in Australia this is one of those things that is weird to me. Here the consumer guarantee means that if your product is faulty in any way (not just when you get it, the guarantee is there to ensure a product is capable of working for whatever is considered an acceptable amount of time for that product) that you're entitled to a free repair or replacement, regardless of what warranties are in place and individual retailers policies.

Basically unless we've done something which has lead to the issue (like dropping it) or it's old enough that it's considered to have gone past its life cycle (consoles are meant to last for years until the next generation so no issue there) we would be fine.

That doesn't stop our retailers trying to sucker people in to buying warranties but here it is for the most part completely unnecessary though.

that sounds like a great deal. Wish Canada had that. We have some consumer protection but its generally able to be loop holed.

I figured all incl. i had spent 1200, so an extra 100 for 2yr warranty isnt bad at all.

https://www.gamerevolution.com/guides/666513-ps5-the-database-is-corrupted-ce-109801-9-the-database-is-corrupted-fix

this fix apparently works. So anyone who gets that issue, there's an easy fix.

lets enjoy our games guys!!!