Not worth the money

48 minutes ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

i'd be more then happy to pay 50 dollars for miles morales but in the uk it's 65.

I don't know where you look for games but that's not true at all. Unless you're referring to the ultimate edition which includes the remake of Spider-Man 2018 as well as all it's DLC (way more than 20 hours of content).

GFqabxC.png

Could not disagree more with this sentiment. 

They said it would be short, it is

Its still a quality story with a lot of gameplay improvements on the 2018 release.

I've paid a lot less for bigger games and felt more ripped off than this game. 

Take price tags out and judge a game based on your enjoyment. This one rates nice and high!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, EIdain said:

I don't know where you look for games but that's not true at all. Unless you're referring to the ultimate edition which includes the remake of Spider-Man 2018 as well as all it's DLC (way more than 20 hours of content).

GFqabxC.png

it's 50 usd, and 50 gbp. 50 gbp = 65 usd 70 gbp = around 92 usd.

the console itself is $499 dollars or £450 that is the only thing out of everything sony are selling where they actually counted urrency conversion correctly. everything else is out the arse australian pricing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

the console itself is $499 dollars or £450 that is the only thing out of everything sony are selling where they actually counted urrency conversion correctly. everything else is out the arse australian pricing.

Fair, though not really an issue specific to this game. We've been getting screwed on regional pricing for a while and other countries have it much worse than we do.

2 minutes ago, EIdain said:

Fair, though not really an issue specific to this game. We've been getting screwed on regional pricing for a while and other countries have it much worse than we do.

Australian pricing was mentioned.... We are up to $110 for the new games with the Sony bump....

When we are on $ parity with the US (not often but we are quite often close enough to) thats a tough pill to swallow. Wishlists are a big help here, wait till they drop!

21 minutes ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

This is not entirely accurate. UK pricing (and I think much of EU) includes VAT in the price. US (and Canadian) pricing does not include tax. Depending on region, add 5-10% (or more) to the NA price. In Canada, it is 13% added at the till on top of the list price, so there isn't as big a gap. Not saying there's no difference, buy your UK 20% VAT is a big part of the price difference you are seeing.

If you want to compare directly, the UK price is actually 40 pounds plus tax, vs 50 US dollars plus tax

In the US, it is $20 cheaper than the normal PS5 game now and $10 cheaper than the normal PS4 game. I got the PS5 version and while yes, it's very similar to the OG Spiderman and there are some notable glitches, I feel they took out a lot of the padding like having to complete a certain amount of crimes in each district. Now you just have to beat all of the crimes with their respectable goals. The pacing of the story does feel way faster than Spiderman PS4 but I am enjoying it and the misc changes that were made. I wouldn't have minded if they made it $40 but I'm happy with the game

On 11/21/2020 at 8:04 PM, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

thats what I've been saying, it's a expansion, an expanded dlc it's 40 at absolute most, and it's a complete piss take. just a desperate money grab because microsoft has more and their rampant capitalism has pissed MS off enough to just buy bethesda lol.

it's this generations' the order 1886 only, obviously a bit longer and a fair bit better.

all I can say is if you live in the UK boomerang is your friend, thank me later. (unless you absolutely must own every game you play yourself)

Lol you are such a troll. Either that or you don’t know what you’re talking about. 

23 hours ago, ImMagnetz said:

Oh yeah, I'm sure it's great but it isn't anywhere near long enough to warrant the hefty price tag. It's definitely a "wait for a sale" title.

I mean you’re wrong.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

I mean you’re wrong.

Disagree with me if you like but at least present an argument. I'm not saying the game is bad. I can't do that because I haven't played it yet. But what I've heard from everyone is that it's essentially a large DLC and not a full game in terms of length, so it shouldn't have the price tag of a full game. Period.

• Like 3

On 11/21/2020 at 8:56 PM, PacManKel said:

This game is being sold in the UK for £50-£60 and I finished it in 21 hrs, and when I say finish that includes the story, new game plus and earning the platinum. There is no way this game should be priced so high when it is a glorified DLC. Don’t get me wrong I enjoyed the story but I feel ripped off a bit.

I paid $100 for Godfall lol. That game is basically in Beta right now. I didn’t buy Miles Morales because I played Spider-Man on PS4 and it didn’t have too many depths. Final boss fight was basically a QTE sequence. Good job for speaking up.

17 minutes ago, ImMagnetz said:

Disagree with me if you like but at least present an argument. I'm not saying the game is bad. I can't do that because I haven't played it yet. But what I've heard from everyone is that it's essentially a large DLC and not a full game in terms of length, so it shouldn't have the price tag of a full game. Period.

Godfall is even worse :(

It’s a beta game that costs $70 - $100.

Edited by mvpeast

Just finished this - worth every freaking penny. Tighter gameplay, more emotional, more intimate than the original. Yes smaller, but superior in MANY ways. 

Outstanding game, and I would happily pay that amount for games of this quality...every time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JABing said:

Yes smaller, but superior in MANY ways. 

That’s what she said about ur pee pee. Tehe ?

Lol. For real though.. how much smaller are we actually talking here? The website How Long to Beat has it listed at about 11 hours, with 15.5 hours being the estimate for 100% completion/the platinum. That is a really small game compared to most AAA games.

The price for the digital version is listed as $64.99 CAD too, which is really not much of a price slash from the usual $79.99 price tag of a new AAA game. From everything I’m hearing, it sounds like the game should have been no more than $49.99.

From everything I’ve read, Miles Morales sounds like it could be compared to Far Cry: New Dawn - a game that felt more like an expansion than a standalone game, but one that they managed to stretch out far enough to justify releasing it as it’s own thing. But if I remember correctly, I believe Far Cry: New Dawn was somewhere around $50 CAD (about $30 off) when it was released, which seemed like a fair enough compromise for the content received.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2020 at 6:37 PM, firemannxxcd said:

It is worth the money. I got 2 versions of a fantastic game and 2 trophy lists. COD Cold War isn't worth the 70 bucks.

I disagree.  COD cold War also comes with two versions but aside from that the game is a much better deal than miles morales at $70.00.  1st off 70 gets you a year worth of content from additional zombie maps to additional multiplayer maps.  The multiplayer alone offers infinite replayability  and the campaign although short is actually pretty badass with the next generation Controller.  Miles morales is a good game but offers absolutely no challenge or replayability.  It's as easy on hard as it is on easy.  The game is boring a 2nd time which considering the game is only 4 hours long is awful.  The best part of miles Morales is it kind of shows off everything the ps5 has to offer although I'll say the heptic feedback and adaptive triggers show off way more in COD Cold War. Miles morales given the length should have been 39.99 and that is generous.

1 hour ago, dieselmanchild said:

From everything I’ve read, Miles Morales sounds like it could be compared to Far Cry: New Dawn

I mean... I guess? It's 100x better than FCND, but if the only measure you care about is the number of hours to complete, I guess for you its not worth it.

I calculate worth using a lot more than just how long it takes to play.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JABing said:

I mean... I guess? It's 100x better than FCND, but if the only measure you care about is the number of hours to complete, I guess for you its not worth it.

I calculate worth using a lot more than just how long it takes to play.

Like I said, I haven’t played Miles Morales so I’m not comparing the quality of the game to Far Cry: New Dawn or trying to make a case for which is better. And time to completion is not the only aspect I care about when buying a game, but for the sake of the discussion we are having I think it’s relevant.

The reason I specifically compared Miles Morales to FC:ND is because they share so many similarities. Both are shorter/smaller games, based off a larger piece of original content (in that case Far Cry 5, in this case Spider-Man), both feeling sort of like they could have originally been intended as expansions, but ended up becoming their own thing to be sold as a standalone games. And because of these factors, both were sold at a reduced price.

As far as comparisons go, I really can’t think of any other game & “companion” piece in recent memory that would serve as another example. So I chose New Dawn. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

The reason I specifically compared Miles Morales to FC:ND is because they share so many similarities. Both are shorter/smaller games, based off a larger piece of original content (in that case Far Cry 5, in this case Spider-Man), both feeling sort of like they could have originally been intended as expansions, but ended up becoming their own thing to be sold as a standalone games. And because of these factors, both were sold at a reduced price. 

All of this is true, and I agree with the comparison as far as length and such.

There is no quality comparison - Miles was an incredible game, even if a bit shorter than most AAA games. I don't even think this is a ding on this game, as it took out all the bloat and repetitive content. You're left with a tight, succinct, focused game which (to me) was worth every penny.

On 22/11/2020 at 9:58 PM, PeachXHime said:

Selling and renting games is such a viable option, I don't even know why people buy digital only consoles. With how much games cost nowadays, you really don't want to be stuck buying digital titles full price. 

I bought digital only for the price difference and for the sheer fact that the majority (I'm talking like 80/90%) of my PS4 library have been bought digitally so having them all readily available was great. I bought a few titles to see me through the first few months, Valhalla and MM with the remastered Spider-Man.

But, there is no way I will be 'stuck buying things at full price', which is an argument I've seen thrown about loads. You guys do know that the PS Store has weekly sales right? As well as deals of the week and PS+ discounts. You don't have to buy discs to be a patient gamer anymore so I really don't understand this argument against the digital consoles.

OT - Haven't played Miles yet but very much looking forward to it. I knew it was going to be shorter but adored the first game so was happy to pay out for it. When I do get around to it I'm sure I will enjoy it despite the length, especially if most people are saying that a lot of the bloat has been cut as that was the worst thing about Spider-Man 2018.

I disagree strongly. The only thing that makes me a little sad is how short the game was. I would've loved it to be long for the sake of wanting more content because the story was just so good. But I feel as though Insomniac did the appropriate moves with this game when it came to developing it. This game was completely worth the pickup. Maybe I'm bias since I'm a New Yorker, but they made such a great call doing the game during the Winter. It looks beautiful.

6 hours ago, JABing said:

it took out all the bloat and repetitive content. You're left with a tight, succinct, focused game which

This is a good point, and something I hadn’t considered. While people understandably like to feel like they got their money’s worth and appreciate a larger game with more content, more does not always = better.

I loved the first game, but thinking back to it now it definitely suffered from a bland repetitiveness in the side content and open world activities, especially in the late/post game and after the story ended. The street crimes in particular felt extremely excessive if going for 100% completion. Trimming some of the fat and excess like that could end up being a positive thing in the end. ?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, JABing said:

Just finished this - worth every freaking penny. Tighter gameplay, more emotional, more intimate than the original. Yes smaller, but superior in MANY ways. 

Outstanding game, and I would happily pay that amount for games of this quality...every time.

bruhhh, the story was no where near as good or as emotional as the OG

• Like 2