Dragon Age: Dreadwolf

Abby_TheLastofUs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Game's got an official title now.

Mor_1x1_1080.jpeg

Who is the Dread Wolf?

Solas, the Dread Wolf. Some say he might be an ancient elven god, but some say not. Others say a betrayer of his people…or a savior who now seeks to rescue them at the cost of your world. His motives are inscrutable and his methods sometimes questionable, earning him a reputation as something of a trickster deity—a player of dark and dangerous games.

Whether you’re new to Dragon Age™ stories or you’ve experienced them all, using Solas’s namesake no doubt suggests a spectrum of endless possibilities on where things may go. But at the core of this, like every past game, is you. If you’re new to Dragon Age, you have no need to worry about not having met our antagonist just yet. He’ll properly introduce himself when the time is right, but we did hint at his return when we announced #TheDreadWolfRises back in 2018.

More Dragon Age: Dreadwolf later this year

We suspect you have questions and they’ll be answered in time. While the game won’t be releasing this year, we’re growing closer to that next adventure. Rest assured, Solas is placing his pieces on the board as we speak. That’s all we have for now, but we hope knowing the official title has sparked some intrigue, as we’ll be talking more about the game later this year!

What do you think #Dreadwolf could mean?

—The Dragon Age Team

Edited by Abby_TheLastofUs
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

Game's got an official title now.

Mor_1x1_1080.jpeg

Who is the Dread Wolf?

Solas, the Dread Wolf. Some say he might be an ancient elven god, but some say not. Others say a betrayer of his people…or a savior who now seeks to rescue them at the cost of your world. His motives are inscrutable and his methods sometimes questionable, earning him a reputation as something of a trickster deity—a player of dark and dangerous games.

Whether you’re new to Dragon Age2122.png stories or you’ve experienced them all, using Solas’s namesake no doubt suggests a spectrum of endless possibilities on where things may go. But at the core of this, like every past game, is you. If you’re new to Dragon Age, you have no need to worry about not having met our antagonist just yet. He’ll properly introduce himself when the time is right, but we did hint at his return when we announced #TheDreadWolfRises back in 2018.

More Dragon Age: Dreadwolf later this year

We suspect you have questions and they’ll be answered in time. While the game won’t be releasing this year, we’re growing closer to that next adventure. Rest assured, Solas is placing his pieces on the board as we speak. That’s all we have for now, but we hope knowing the official title has sparked some intrigue, as we’ll be talking more about the game later this year!

What do you think #Dreadwolf could mean?

—The Dragon Age Team

I hope some of the book characters make it in as companions :D it has been too long since we had a DA game and I adore the series! Cannot wait!

• 6 months later...
On 12/10/2020 at 8:46 PM, Helyx said:

Pretty sure the team from Anthem recently got moved over to this project. Zero hype from me.

Anthem for what it was, wasn’t terrible. But also they tried to reinvent the game to what they wanted, and EA cancelled it. I’m a firm believer they were limited and were forced to make the game EA wanted and not their vision. I have hope.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Full reveal finally coming this summer.

It was also announced today you can now wishlist it on PSN…but seeing how they threw out everyone who made the series good and somehow tried to paint that as a good thing, not much hope.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Because I’ve been waiting for it for years, and when it finally comes out, it’s probably going to suck.

That makes me sad.

I'm trying to be positive that this will be BioWare's return to form. I have to believe this for the sake of Mass Effect 4. 

• Like 1

I'm honestly going to make DA4 my last Bioware game, only because the cliffhanger of DAI was so insane. They're simply not the company they used to be. I have no faith in them, this game has been in development hell for too long, and the games they HAVE shat out were terrible disappointments. If they somehow make Dreadwolf amazing I'll eat my words, but in a post BG3 world... Idk

• Like 1