Attack on Completion 2021 ( Year 4)

@Sword That crown grind is hellish for sure. I realize this isn't helpful if you're determined to get both plats back to back, but for sanity I'd suggest at least wrapping up World's plat before you continue hunting Iceborne crowns, maybe taking a break in the interim. I had like nine months between the two because I ended up saving Iceborne for a later milestone; maybe you could go for something like World at 50 and Iceborne at 75?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Sword said:

TL,DR: Another week goes by with peanuts to show for trophy progress due to a RNG experience that has boiled over my frustration into the realm of pure anger. Went to bed last night absolutely frustrated and woke up today with this sarcastic attitude of "welcome to another day of rolling the dice to see if I can get a single crown". Lord help me. The last platinum trophy I earned was over 3 months ago now. I wanted a memorable #50 and Monster Hunter World is going to be a memorable one alright... for all the wrong reasons, explained below.

<snip>

I've been there in MHW. It just sucks, there's no other way to say it. I'm at 600+ hours between World and Iceborne and I still need 8 more crowns in World for the plat. Iceborne, I'm not even thinking about yet.

My unheeded advice: Take a break for a day or two (or longer!) and then limit yourself to a certain number of hunts or amount of time each day. That helped me get over my burn out and eventually get back to actively crown hunting again. That's when I went from needing 20 crowns down to 8. 

If you really wanted to cut down on the loading times, there's also the option of swapping out the PS4's hard disk for an SSD. I did it on my Pro last January and the difference it makes in MHW is crazy. Instead of minutes of loading, it's only a few seconds. I used to accept a mission at the board, then go eat and setup my equipment because it took so long to load. After swapping, the missions show as Ready! almost immediately. And loading into the actual world only takes a few seconds, too. With the PS5 out now it probably doesn't make much sense to dump $100-$150 into making a PS4 run better, but it's not a bad idea if you don't plan on getting a PS5 anytime soon.

Edited by Static_Rook
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Static_Rook said:

If you really wanted to cut down on the loading times, there's also the option of swapping out the PS4's hard disk for an SSD. I did it on my Pro last January and the difference it makes in MHW is crazy.

I did this, highly recommend. Cut my MHW loading times in half, IIRC. Doesn't seem to make nearly as much difference for most other games, but it's worth it for MHW alone.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sword said:

@Niilismo Super Meat Boy is insane of a game to play. I'm still struggling with that one in the intermediate times. Worthy completion for sure if you ever finish it. Most of the no death runs are actually fair, until you get to Cotton Alley/Zombie Boy. Those ones for me tip the scales into the realm of unfairness imo due to how perfect some of the levels need to be (where no other level in the game requires as much precision as a majority of the Cotton Alley ones do for the no-death). Also the fans.. and the salt shaker level (7-9x I think) is just brutal. 

It's definitely a challenge, but I generally like hard platformers like this. I can really feel myself improve at the game as I practice, which is quite rewarding. It'll probably take me a good while, but that's fine. After spending a year and a half on one level in Dustforce, I don't really mind if SMB takes me a few months.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BullShark_NL said:

Nice update, thanks!

Starting Completion Percentage: 64.11%

Last week Completion Percentage: 68.23%

Current Completion Percentage: 68.91% 

Borderlands GOTY is finished, at least for now. I hate the Mad Moxxi DLC, it is boring and after 2 hours or so I was in round 20 wave 4 and 0 enemies showed up. Also missing the trophy to complete all missions in Secret Armory. That is because of the arena thing, it is just not fun and with the Mad Moxxi trouble I just gave up (for now)

I went back to a game I started in 2019, Batman Arkham City. Don't know why I stopped playing that. I played Arkham Asylum on PC multiple times and loved it and I think City is even better. I'm not going for the platinum with this one unless the combat challenges are easier then I remember but I guess not. 1f910.png 

They are, it’s the predator ones you gotta worry about this time tho.

• Like 1

On 8.3.2021 at 10:12 AM, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

Monday update

I had a good and a bad week in gaming. For the bad part read the piece on LOTR; War in the North. The good news: for the first time in a long time I have less than 4,000 unearned trophies!

Killzone Mercenary (PSVita)

Have finished all trophies except for :silver:Millionaire Earn 1,000,000 Vektan dollars and :bronze:Blood Bank Kill 10,000 enemies. First one is not so bad, the second one is...ahum grindy? Still need around 4,500 kills......decided to do it in bursts by replaying missions (gives me around 110 kills per play through) otherwise I would go insane.

The Division 2 (PS4)

Finished two DLC's; ' The Pentagon '  and ' Coney Island '. Not too hard and fun to do.

Lord of the Rings: War in the North (PS3)

Here comes the bad news. I really need to rant on this game. game glitched on my heroic run. It just will not give me the next objective (a certain boss fight in chapter 6). I reloaded my save file , which you can only do once every 24 hours...really why did you do that developers? :S. Gave it a second try and now I cannot even progress out of chapter 5. I need to figure out how to solve it as I don't want to give up on it  (yet) . It did cost me however a lot of time.

Shinobodi 2 (PSVita)

On Hold

Star Wars Battlefront II (PS4)

On hold

Current Status:

Screenshot-2021-03-08-090019.jpg

Plans for next week:

- Progress on The Division 2 DLC (PS4)

- Finish Killzone Mercenary (PSVita)

- Find a solution for the glitch and finish LOTR; War in the North (PS3)

I've heard LOTR fails to load all assets. I've also heard that the fix is loading the game once and then reloading the checkpoint or so. That way, it should have more time to load all assets. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AwkwardFantasy said:

I hope it's still okay to join this now. I need a motivator to get me through this painful backlog lmao.

current %: 66.96%
goal %: 80.00%

You are more than welcome to join the conversation and track and post your own progress. Most do themselves. You just will not be added to the spreadsheet as they are not adding any more new people to it.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, P3hmo6 said:

I've heard LOTR fails to load all assets. I've also heard that the fix is loading the game once and then reloading the checkpoint or so. That way, it should have more time to load all assets. 

thanks for the tip! I am doing that now standard. Load game, quit and reload the game again.

I did however found out that on your second run you also need to make the side quest of chapter 5 (The Captive) again in order to proceed. So much for a 'side' quest.

Edited by gladiatorrrrrrr