[NA] Holiday Sale | Ends 1/9 12AM PST

Neocarleen

Great sale. Where the hell were these deals a few days ago when I loaded up on games?

I went to buy Resident Evil 2 earlier this week, but it got pulled off the sale early for some reason which forced me to buy the Deluxe edition for $35. Now it looks like it’s on sale again for almost half of what I paid. Do you think Sony would refund me if I asked? I haven’t downloaded it yet.

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

I went to buy Resident Evil 2 earlier this week, but it got pulled off the sale early for some reason which forced me to buy the Deluxe edition for $35. Now it looks like it’s on sale again for almost half of what I paid. Do you think Sony would refund me if I asked? I haven’t downloaded it yet.

The times I've asked for and received a refund, I hadn't downloaded the game, and it had been less than two weeks since buying it. Should fall within both of those criteria, and have no issue.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

Should I go for individual releases of the Walking Dead games or get the definitive edition?

If you just want to play them, Definitive is probably the better deal. But you won't get a separate trophy list for each game, and only one plat. I don't see S3 on the list, though. May not even have them all on sale individually.

1 minute ago, DamagingRob said:

If you just want to play them, Definitive is probably the better deal. But you won't get a separate trophy list for each game, and only one plat. I don't see S3 on the list, though. May not even have them all on sale individually.

Is that a new frontier?

I haven't played the series and for the sake of trophies i think i might get all individual lists. New Frontier says its on sale when i search it on web PSN, not sure why it's not on the list in the OP.

• Like 1

Just now, DEI2EK said:

Is that a new frontier?

I haven't played the series and for the sake of trophies i think i might get all individual lists. New Frontier says its on sale when i search it on web PSN, not sure why it's not on the list in the OP.

Yeah, I checked and found it on sale, too. $40 vs. $30. But yeah, if you want individual lists might be worth it. Tbh, Michonne has nothing to do with the original Telltale story, and could easily be skipped.

• Like 1

This is my list so far.

Zombie Army 4 Dear War Super Deluxe Edition $20

Crystar $20

Ai: The Somnium Files $24

Alternate Jake Hunter: Daedalus The Awakening Of Golden Jazz $4.79

Valthirian Arc: Hero School Story $3

Super Night Riders $2

Donut County $3.89

Gorogoa $4.49

White Day: A Labyrinth Named School $4.49

Yesterday Origins $3.74

EEv9Sr0.jpg

1 hour ago, DamagingRob said:

The times I've asked for and received a refund, I hadn't downloaded the game, and it had been less than two weeks since buying it. Should fall within both of those criteria, and have no issue.

So I contacted Sony support and was able to receive a refund. Woohoo! I just hope it doesn’t turn out to be more trouble than it was worth for the measly $15 I got back.

The guy I spoke to was very nice, but there seemed to be some sort of confusion over the fact I purchased both Resident Evil (HD) and Resident Evil 2 at the same time. The guy kept saying I was not eligible for a refund because I had downloaded the game, and after debating this point for awhile he conceded into making a “one time exception” in my case.

I kept trying to explain 10 different ways that I had NOT touched Resident Evil 2 at all after checking out the items in my cart, and that RE(HD) was the only game out of my recent purchases I have downloaded and played. But he seemed completely unable to address this and just kept saying things like “I apologize for any inconveniences. So do you want me to proceed with the refund?” or telling me that according to their system, I have downloaded and played it. ?

The effort was successful so I should be happy, but I can’t help having this creeping suspicion that this whole thing is going to come back and bite me in the ass in the future if and/or when I ever need to request a refund again for some reason.

Oh well... those extra $15 left over after I repurchase RE2 should stretch pretty far in this sale, which at first glance looks awesome! Thanks for posting the listings.

• Like 1

For anyone interested in the look of the game, Blacksad: Under the Skin is a buggy mess of a game and some trophies can become irreparably broken through basic progression. The platinum is obtainable, but it's a truly frustrating experience according to people who have done it.

Other than that, 428: Shibuya Scramble is $10 which I will be picking up immediately! Also if you are on the fence about Sayonara Wild Hearts, I wholeheartedly recommend you play it even if you don't pop a single trophy. It's an incredible game at a great price.

Edited by nrs1nrs1

2 hours ago, NERVergoproxy said:

This is my list so far.

Zombie Army 4 Dear War Super Deluxe Edition $20

Crystar $20

Ai: The Somnium Files $24

Alternate Jake Hunter: Daedalus The Awakening Of Golden Jazz $4.79

Valthirian Arc: Hero School Story $3

Super Night Riders $2

Donut County $3.89

Gorogoa $4.49

White Day: A Labyrinth Named School $4.49

Yesterday Origins $3.74

EEv9Sr0.jpg

Donut County is so good, can't go wrong at that price :)

Great soundtrack and a fun, short, experience. Even give you a few laughs along the way. 

Glad I waited on Resident Evil 6, was hoping to see it on sale figured I might as well get it since I think it is the only I don't have on PS4.
 I would also recommend Nexomon Extinction if anybody hasn't bought that yet and wants a game similar to Pokemon on Playstation, probably about the closest you'll find on that one.

• Like 1