Would you rather have a game be too hard or too easy?

Beyondthegrave07

Too hard or too easy?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather have a game too hard or too easy?

ehhh I hate frustrating and I hate too easy.. I feel like there's a cheap hard and a smart hard, cheap hard being, when you die you lose all your stuff there's no checkpoints or the CPU boss opponents are just overpowered and cheap. Cheap hard is just frustrating, annoying and makes you want to throw your controller. 

Smart hard being, the game/challenge/boss is hard as hell and borderline impossible until you find out the trick to overcoming it, once you know the trick it's easy as pie and it makes you smile, because you're like ahhh that's how ya do it, gotcha! ;D

too easy is just mehhh, like hack and slash games where the combo's are just square, square, square, square, square, square. -_____- ohh new combo unlocked!... Triangle, Triangle , Triangle , Triangle. -_____- New combo unlocked!

Square,Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, ...............................................................................

............. Triangle. -______________________-

• Like 3

Just because a game is too easy, doesn't mean it's not a good game! Games like Okami HD, Flower, or Journey are all very easy games that are absolutely amazing.

Flower and Journey don't count, on those you're more just along for the ride, it's not like go defeat 50 bad guys! So you spend 30 minutes continuously just pressing the square button.

Flower and Journey don't count, on those you're more just along for the ride, it's not like go defeat 50 bad guys! So you spend 30 minutes continuously just pressing the square button.

easy games are not always just hack n slash games. And what do you mean Flower and Journey don't count? They're not hard or easy? If you were going to classify them they would definitely be too easy though I do see your point, they weren't made to be challenging. However, I'd still pick games that are too easy over games that are too hard, though I tend to buy both easy and hard games to mix it up. No person could just play easy games or just play hard games. You'd drive yourself insane either way.

• Like 3

Haha... you made this into a poll huh,well you already know my answer I'll chose hard,gives me something to work towards.

Oh, but not so hard to where you need to grind for 200+ hours to platinum a game(Mugen Souls).

Edited by Masamune_316

Both of the terms easy and hard are matters of personal skill and perception.

People say a game is "hard"; I rip through it in a few days.

People say "easy" games are stupid; I have a lot of fun.

If I had to choose, I'd say I'd rather have an easy game because, if a game is too hard and frustrating, my life can do without the stress of ripping my hair out and punching myself in the face and wishing everyone would die and yelling and swearing at the TV and breaking controllers and etc.

• Like 1

I meant they're aren't total action or mental stimulation, those games are more like sit back and enjoy the story, they aren't meant to be easy or hard, just to be enjoyed and experienced, I was just using hack and slash as an example, don't look to far into that one.

You need a bit of both sure and if you play through multiple games and different genres you get both anyways.  

Depends what you mean by too hard. If by too hard you mean spending hours on one little part just to get to the next part that's takes even longer than the previous one, then it gets to the point where you don't enjoy the game anymore, or just incredibly annoying like Call of Duty: World at War on veteran with all those fucking grenades, than I would rather have it be too easy.

Too easy.

At least with easy games, it gives you ample opportunity to appreciate the story or the graphics... and to some extent the game play (even if it isn't very difficult).  A game that's ridiculously frustrating is more likely to make me stop playing altogether.  Or get stuck on one part for a month until some stroke of luck gets me past it.

• Like 2

I would rather have very medium. Too easy usually means I beat a game too fast and I think "That's it?" or I'm left unsatisfied. Too hard can mean a lot of things, but my definition of too hard is where the game does cheap things in an attempt to be challenging, or being stingy on the requirements for certain challenges. If I could only pick between two, I would say too hard as in Dark Souls hard because if you die in that it's usually your fault and you have to adapt to certain situations.

Definitely a fine line on hard and easy. Most people have such a conventional way of viewing difficulty. It all depends on the situation or type of game. Suspenseful games I prefer on harder difficulties because it *ding ding* adds to the suspense. But, story-telling games it's about the story. I don't really define myself to a certain category in any of the settings. The only thing I honestly adjust is the screen fitting, everything thing else I keep as it. I never switch controls to match familiar games. I leave everything at default. For trophy hunting I usually play on hard or whatever first and than get the rest on easy. But, I mean I'm not that dedicated, I know there are games I have with trophies I'll never get because I just can't do the shit.

But yeah my point I guess, there is more to it than just being too hard or too easy. It has to have a balance, and to be honest in the present day a quick Google search can help you out on pretty much any game within a week after release.

If I had to choose I would say too hard. Or I would appeal that there be a common Normal option. Because most games offer Easy, Normal, and Hard. and some games in the more recent years have allowed you to switch difficulty on the fly. So it all depends in my opinion.

Edited by JayBizzle311