What Is The Worst Game You've Ever Played?

Goro

On PS3: Motor Storm. By God i don't have the cunning skills and the patience for a racing game and the controls.... those controls.

Overall: Power Rangers: Lightspeed Rescue (N64). Crap on every aspect, seriously. This thing can compete easily with Superman N64 on the "worst game of the console" spot.

Resident Evil HD lol. I was swept by the hype and I thought, ' hey, maybe I should get this game since everyone likes it, it looks fun and might be cool. ' I wasted 20 bucks on something I would regret. Little did I know I would be greeted by the impending horror which was the shitty camera angles, weird controls, 90's style of checkpoints, 2 options of aiming -- up or down, and a nightmare of an inventory system. It doesn't help that every corner you turn is greeted by getting manhandled by a zombie. I got many of the trophies on an alt account, and my dumbass decided to go for a no save run + don't stop running ( under 3 hours ). Everything was going fine until I got pushed off a cliff( which I didn't even know was possible) by that bitch Lisa. I deleted the game and vowed never to play it again. Alot of people seemed to like it though, but I'm assuming it's because they played that game in their youth and knew the mechanics.

Resident Evil HD lol. I was swept by the hype and I thought, ' hey, maybe I should get this game since everyone likes it, it looks fun and might be cool. ' I wasted 20 bucks on something I would regret. Little did I know I would be greeted by the impending horror which was the shitty camera angles, weird controls, 90's style of checkpoints, 2 options of aiming -- up or down, and a nightmare of an inventory system. It doesn't help that every corner you turn is greeted by getting manhandled by a zombie. I got many of the trophies on an alt account, and my dumbass decided to go for a no save run + don't stop running ( under 3 hours ). Everything was going fine until I got pushed off a cliff( which I didn't even know was possible) by that bitch Lisa. I deleted the game and vowed never to play it again. Alot of people seemed to like it though, but I'm assuming it's because they played that game in their youth and knew the mechanics.

That's totally understandable, since you never played it before. And you're right about your assumption.

Being a big fan of rugby I found the rugby world cup 2015 game to be the biggest pile of garbage I have ever played

Don't forget the 2015 rugby game and the same developers who made the tournament game sequel of it where that is the worst game I have ever played of all time.

Don't know if I already said it before but Dragon's Crown I don't like it at all. The reasons on why I hate it is the trophies of it seems more of a grind that I can't do all of them by myself. Even though the game has online support, I am quite terr of what I want to set it up first because my lvl exp in that game is so low that I don't even want to play it again. Plus the narrators in the game sounds boring as dry. Muramasa and Odin Sphere are way better than Dragon's Crown by far

Being a big fan of rugby I found the rugby world cup 2015 game to be the biggest pile of garbage I have ever played

I'm glad to hear that from a fan of rugby. I played an earlier version, and thought it was a steaming pile, but I didn't have the chops to comment on it, so to speak.

Don't forget the 2015 rugby game and the same developers who made the tournament game sequel of it where that is the worst game I have ever played of all time.

Don't know if I already said it before but Dragon's Crown I don't like it at all. The reasons on why I hate it is the trophies of it seems more of a grind that I can't do all of them by myself. Even though the game has online support, I am quite terr of what I want to set it up first because my lvl exp in that game is so low that I don't even want to play it again. Plus the narrators in the game sounds boring as dry. Muramasa and Odin Sphere are way better than Dragon's Crown by far

You can get all of the trophies by yourself, although I wouldn't recommend it, anyway. 

Anyway, I am currently working on a contender. My first VN, and boy, does it suck.

I'm probably going to catch a lot of flak for this but I've always thought the Souls game were just horrible.

They have non existent stories and look like crap. Normally I can look past that stuff because I don't really care about graphics or story. But when you combine that with clunky controls, stiff gameplay, and convoluted gameplay mechanics it just makes a horrible package.

The only thing the games have going for them is difficulty and that's just not enough for me. If I want an action RPG, I'll play one with good gameplay. If I want something hard I'll find it in a better package. Souls offers nothing that can't be found better elsewhere IMO.

I'm probably going to catch a lot of flak for this but I've always thought the Souls game were just horrible.

They have non existent stories and look like crap. Normally I can look past that stuff because I don't really care about graphics or story. But when you combine that with clunky controls, stiff gameplay, and convoluted gameplay mechanics it just makes a horrible package.

The only thing the games have going for them is difficulty and that's just not enough for me. If I want an action RPG, I'll play one with good gameplay. If I want something hard I'll find it in a better package. Souls offers nothing that can't be found better elsewhere IMO.

They're not for everybody. While Dark Souls is my favorite game of the PS3 (and current PS4) generation, I fully see how some gamers (particularly newer ones who are used to more polish in games) would dislike them. Honestly, I'm surprised they are as popular as they are.

But anyway, you may now add X-Blaze: Lost Memories to my "God, this is so horrible!" list. It fails miserably both as a game and as a novel. The story is disjointed and poorly told (although it has the seed of a good idea at its core). The gameplay is just a joke, and honestly, I think it was thrown in to make up for the failings as a novel. I can't even see how fans of the series would like the storytelling, but other people? Stay far away. This game should never have been put on sale.

They're not for everybody. While Dark Souls is my favorite game of the PS3 (and current PS4) generation, I fully see how some gamers (particularly newer ones who are used to more polish in games) would dislike them. Honestly, I'm surprised they are as popular as they are.

I'm far from a new gamer (been gaming hard since the 80's) and really couldn't care less about polish. I'm just in the camp that thinks video games should have at least 1 gameplay mechanic that's done really well and sets it apart. Souls tries to use difficulty as its one exceeding mechanic but I've just never really considered difficulty a gameplay mechanic.

But to be fair, I probably am being a little bit biased. The question was "what's the worst game you ever played" and I've definitely played worse. Like many... MANY horrible liscensed games. Probably more then I can count. Souls really isn't that bad, just because I don't enjoy it doesn't mean it's "the worst".

I'm far from a new gamer (been gaming hard since the 80's) and really couldn't care less about polish. I'm just in the camp that thinks video games should have at least 1 gameplay mechanic that's done really well and sets it apart. Souls tries to use difficulty as its one exceeding mechanic but I've just never really considered difficulty a gameplay mechanic.

But to be fair, I probably am being a little bit biased. The question was "what's the worst game you ever played" and I've definitely played worse. Like many... MANY horrible liscensed games. Probably more then I can count. Souls really isn't that bad, just because I don't enjoy it doesn't mean it's "the worst".

I haven't really played the souls games, but know a fair few people who have, and have platted them, and the game seems like it's going the old school route of gaming. My friends tell me the games are easy as fuck, once you figure out a good build and learn the bosses patterns. In old games, and I mean old games, you say you've been gaming from the 80's, you should know that bosses of old seemed cheaty fucks til you learned their patterns, saw what they did, figured out when to dodge and when to attack. The souls games are hard because you can't just charge in and bash them to death, like a lot of games let you do these days. You gotta study their moves and figure out how to beat them. Hell back in the day Nintendo where notorious for having pretty difficult games due to them wanting you to play them longer. 

OT: Worst game? While not a game itself, the Vita port of Jak and Daxter was fucking horrendous. Man, it was buggy and laggy and for a platformer that is just killer. 

Eh, mine's either Aaru's Awakening when it was first released on PS+, or Ride to Hell: Retribution, which I got for 33 cents on Amazon. The thing is, I went into playing Ride to Hell: Retribution knowing it was bad, and sating my curiosity, where as I legitimately tried out Aaru's Awakening expecting it to be okay. Bleh..

• Like 1

not quite sure i understand how Darksiders could be considered bad in any way but then again every opinion is different.

for me it would be:

Souls games - the controls just kill these games for me love the designs and the atmosphere plus they are not as hard as some claim

ET - need i say more

Final Fantasy 13 - felt too tedious to me

Final Fantasy 6 - despite its praise to me it felt more like a step back from 4

Mega Man X7 - the worst mega man game i played though i did like Axel

Almost any sandbox (not open world as they are technically different styles or at least used to be) game as they get boring

i know there are others but those are all i can think of off the top of my head. I am not saying these are all bad games just to me they are the worst i have played.

I have said this before and been attacked for it on other sites. I do not find them hard just the controls are so awful. as you said Stiff and clunky however i can ALMOST guarantee if they gave the games better controls the so-called difficulty would vanish.

Sad part is i wanted to like the games due to the atmosphere and designs but as i said above the controls just kill it for me.

Edited by DarkHarmonixer

Final Fantasy 6 - despite its praise to me it felt more like a step back from 4

I can understand preferring 4 to 6 - both are fantastic, but a "step back from 4" and "worst game you've ever played" can be worlds apart.

I've never played X7, but the rest of your list is definitely has a "which one of these games is not like the other ones" vibe.

Any movie game really ..........

That's right, quoting a 2013 post by bringing up an exception that might sway gamers sharing the same sentiment... X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Uncaged Edition for PS3.

I wasn't all that impressed by the demo but I had decided to buy the game cheap and take another swing at it, becoming pleasantly surprised by what made this movie-titled game so great: non-adherence to the underwhelming (understatement) film and treating Wolverine fans with a game that seems more fleshed out from the true source material - the comics - with blood and gore (something lacking in the pg-13 film), unlockable costumes from the comics, and even an epic Sentinel battle. They still ruined Deadpool, however.

As far as my personal worst game, at least for PSN, it's got to be "Blue Toad Murder Files: The Mysteries of Little Riddle". Piece of shit. So bad that I'm willing to endure 0% trophy completion towards the game at the cost of my account's overall trophy completion percentage.

Heavy Fire Shattered Spear.

Holy shit this is a bad game. The devs some how made it worse then the first game. Controls bad on Ds3 aiming is a pain in the ass (to be fair its OK using the move)

And all the collectable trophies are glitched so you have to get it all in one sitting. Get all but one and you decide you want to shut your ps3 off for a bit? Well you have to start all over again.

Fuck this game. Easy plat but its so bad

• 3 weeks later...

PAIN! That is a fukin' bad game... :P

There I was scrolling through the topic and boom! The most uncomfortable flashback in ages! One question - why!? Pain had a little potential as a sunday night couch co-op, yet it became boring as hell after two hours as I was still stuck in the first two or three levels and had like one or two playable characters.

Gotta say it is a tie between Jak II and Jak 3 HD, hated them both so much. A shame since the original one was loads of fun

Jak II is the only PS3 game where I'm above 0% that I've completely abandoned (I did check out and then quickly delete the failure that was Aaru's Awakening). Every other incomplete/non-platinum I have the intention of returning to at some point to finish. That game, however, will forever remain at 17%. I'm glad Naughty Dog redeemed themselves by making the Uncharted series.