Diablo 2 Resurrected

DrakeHellsing

1 hour ago, StressEater said:

This is supposed to hold us over until they release Diablo 4. If the price is right then I will pick it up. Otherwise I will wait for it to go on sale. Most of these remasters/ remakes go on sale pretty quickly. From what I remember, the game was a lot of fun but I doubt it will hold the test of time. Once you play Diablo 3 and then try to go back to Diablo 2, I think the nostalgic aspect will wear off pretty quickly. Lets cross our fingers and hope for the best.

Press release says so price will be 40$

D2 is one of my alltime favourite games, so I am beyond hyped. Can't wait !

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StressEater said:

This is supposed to hold us over until they release Diablo 4. If the price is right then I will pick it up. Otherwise I will wait for it to go on sale. Most of these remasters/ remakes go on sale pretty quickly. From what I remember, the game was a lot of fun but I doubt it will hold the test of time. Once you play Diablo 3 and then try to go back to Diablo 2, I think the nostalgic aspect will wear off pretty quickly. Lets cross our fingers and hope for the best.

Diablo 3 is inferior to Diablo 2 in every single way, except for graphics.

Diablo 2 is still one of the best ARPG games ever made, with it's depth, complexity and atmosphere.
Diablo 3 on the other hand is a shallow experience, with more focus on an arcade kind of play - which is not necessarily a bad thing for new players, who have never played a Diablo game.

I still occasionally play LoD on lan with friends, and it has a huge community.

Edited by janzor88
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

It's just impossible. What a stupid excuse to boycott a great game.

How is that a stupid excuse to not buy the game? I like playing these games couch co-op, it doesn't have couch co-op ?‍♂️ I'm sure it is a great game that's why I'm disappointed.

• Like 2

Will be fun to bring back the days of the Paladin again. I genuinely enjoyed D2 and D3 so this will be a great hold over while waiting for Diablo 4. 

Very curious to see the trophy list. Wonder if it will really require the player to deep dive into end game, or if it'll all just be story content stuff. Either way, I'll platinum this for nostalgia sake alone. Worth the pickup just for that.

Wow, never thought this would actually happen! I yet have vivid memories of my initial D2 playthrough (more like a "struggle-through") with a terrible skeleton Necromancer build, on a refurbished Compaq PC. Flayer Jungle was awful! Pure frustration, but I was hopelessly addicted nonetheless.

Not sure I want to let this game get its hooks in me again, though...

• Like 1

i am so hyped for this game!  And i dont get hyped up for anything, this game spawned trading and gaming community websites like d2jsp.org which i still use to this day, years and years after i quit playing the game that inspired the site

I wanna see a collectors edition with a Sick ass statue of Diablo, And i dont even buy CE’s

i need to see the trophy list for this upcoming game ASAP though

this would be my crown jewel platinum hands down, or the one that got away from me

god, just give me a single player trophy list lol

i dont play well with others when you lock trophies behind online 

• Like 2

Ahh i lost some of my childhood to this game.

Will always be in my top 5 games of all time. I know what Blizzard have been like but f**k it, im breaking my "no day1 purchase rule". This is like my 1 game id break the rule for. Seriously one of the greatest games ever.

And now for some nostalgic terms/moments/etc. Hit me up if you remember...

- Meph runs

- Levelling up in the bloody foothills

- Slap a Zod in that beast!

- Rakanishu!

- Hell Cow Runs

-  /players8

- SOJ based economy. (People already spoke about this)

- String of Ears (Loved it)

Any more to add?

I usually played as a Skelemancer or Tesladin. Fun times. 

Haha can't wait.

• Like 1

Will there be usb keyboard/mouse support for ps4/5 consoles?

3 hours ago, punkshepherd said:

Ahh i lost some of my childhood to this game.

Will always be in my top 5 games of all time. I know what Blizzard have been like but f**k it, im breaking my "no day1 purchase rule". This is like my 1 game id break the rule for. Seriously one of the greatest games ever.

And now for some nostalgic terms/moments/etc. Hit me up if you remember...

- Meph runs

- Levelling up in the bloody foothills

- Slap a Zod in that beast!

- Rakanishu!

- Hell Cow Runs

-  /players8

- SOJ based economy. (People already spoke about this)

- String of Ears (Loved it)

Any more to add?

I usually played as a Skelemancer or Tesladin. Fun times. 

Haha can't wait.

Power leveing G-Ubers in tristram was the way to go my guy

unfortunately that required a team

a bone wall necromancer

a hammer paladin And i wanna say a trap assassin

its literally been a decade, my memory is fuzzy

bloody foothills was a pvp duelling grounds

Edited by Property_Damage

3 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

Will there be usb keyboard/mouse support for ps4/5 consoles?

Power leveing G-Ubers in tristram was the way to go my guy

unfortunately that required a team

a bone wall necromancer

a hammer paladin And i wanna say a trap assassin

its literally been a decade, my memory is fuzzy

bloody foothills was a pvp duelling grounds

God i hated hammerdins. Trapassins though were wonderful. I enjoyed playing with that setup. Felt different.

Bone wall Necro? My memory is fuzzy too but i dont remember them. Were they just used to zone for other characters/curses etc? Enlighten me?

Like you say...10+ years. Hoping it'll be worth the wait.

10 hours ago, punkshepherd said:

God i hated hammerdins. Trapassins though were wonderful. I enjoyed playing with that setup. Felt different.

Bone wall Necro? My memory is fuzzy too but i dont remember them. Were they just used to zone for other characters/curses etc? Enlighten me?

Like you say...10+ years. Hoping it'll be worth the wait.

Uber Tristram runs

basically the role of the bone wall necro was that he controlled the spawns of the skeletons, by placing the wall in a specific xp leeching spot, the skeletons would spawn away from the leechers

i just looked it up and sadly in this 1 guys video description on a 12 year old video (holy fuck) he said its been patched out in V 1.13 

oh well

Edited by Property_Damage

Diablo 2: Resurrected Crossplay Could Still Come After Launch Says Dev

Diablo II: Resurrected's executive producer, Rod Fergusson, has said crossplay won't be available at launch, though it could release at a later date.

https://screenrant.com/diablo-2-resurrected-crossplay-post-launch-possible/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...