PlayStation Now for $1

OmegaRejectz

16 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

That's unfortunate. ;/

Yeah, I've been eyeing a month for a while now, definitely scooping up this deal.

Could be. Still no word on if those rumours were true. The rumours said, if they are getting shut down, they'd announce it at the end of the month.

I'll hop on later tonight and see if it'll let me buy it. Maybe it's currently bugged?

That should only be the case for PS3 titles (Since PS2 and PS4 games can be downloaded). I've never tried the service but getting booted sounds frustrating.

my bad dude, i was able to click on it, just had to double-click something on the sub page. thanks

• Like 1

$1 is tempting but honestly, after a scan of PS Now titles, nothing jumps out at me.  My backlog is pretty big from buying titles on sale (and PS Plus games I never got to).

There must be something that would make me do a month and play that game first, just not seeing it lol.

2 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

I have never used Now, for the PS3 titles is there a way to use your PS3 saves if you have them? There are a couple games I might go back to if that is the case. 

If you have PS+ and use the cloud, you should be able to access your PS+ cloud saves from the XMB menu in PSNOW. I have successfully moved files from PSNow out to my PS3, should work in the other direction.

From the PS Now terms:

• Don’t support PlayStation Plus auto-upload to online storage. PlayStation Plus cloud saves can be transferred manually to PS Now, and vice versa, using the Saved Data Management functionality...

This is a good deal and everything, but it really sucks for people like me who don’t have PS Now in their countries. It’s possible to use it on an NA account, but we can only download the PS4 games to play on our own account, but not stream PS3 games (Which is the whole point).

Edited by arcanehornet_

3 hours ago, stork77 said:

Canada has it too!  May have to look into NOW a bit....

Yeah, North America has it (I’m Canadian)

50 minutes ago, djb5f said:

$1 is tempting but honestly, after a scan of PS Now titles, nothing jumps out at me.  My backlog is pretty big from buying titles on sale (and PS Plus games I never got to).

There must be something that would make me do a month and play that game first, just not seeing it lol.

Yeah, it really depends. Personally I would’ve paid $1 just for GOW: Ascension’s trophy since it’s better than $10 for the garbage online pass. But I’m gonna play Superhot & Gravity Rush Remastered too. Maybe the games that’ll come in April will be good? ?

32 minutes ago, arcanehornet_ said:

This is a good deal and everything, but it really sucks for people like me who don’t have PS Now in their countries. It’s possible to use it on an NA account, but we can only download the PS4 games to play on our own account, but not stream PS3 games (Which is the whole point).

Yeah, Sony really needs more coverage for PS NOW. I’m assuming since they’re now patterning with Microsoft with X cloud it’ll be available in more regions now, should be every region Xbox Game Pass is in.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, iriihutoR84 said:

You always do for these kind of deals. Or at least a verified PayPal account. They want to lure you in and hope you don't cancel immediately.

For now i didn't add any credit card. It just took 1$ from my cart. I Still have 1$ left lol

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Yeah, Sony really needs more coverage for PS NOW. I’m assuming since they’re now patterning with Microsoft with X cloud it’ll be available in more regions now, should be every region Xbox Game Pass is in.

Honestly, yes. PS Now has been around for years now, I can’t believe they haven’t introduced it to every region yet. This is especially going to be important now that the PS3 store is (supposedly) going down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blu3st4rdust305 said:

If you have PS+ and use the cloud, you should be able to access your PS+ cloud saves from the XMB menu in PSNOW. I have successfully moved files from PSNow out to my PS3, should work in the other direction.

From the PS Now terms:

• Don’t support PlayStation Plus auto-upload to online storage. PlayStation Plus cloud saves can be transferred manually to PS Now, and vice versa, using the Saved Data Management functionality...

Sweeeeet!

I definitely need to look into PSNow now. Thanks for sharing the info!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arcanehornet_ said:

Came here to ask this, then realized it's not even available in my country. I still have some PS3 games to clean up. ?

17 minutes ago, sh4d0wzcs said:

And yet it is still not available for Australia.

That’s so lame. It’s ridiculous how few regions PS Now is in. I mean... it makes sense, they need servers in your region with those stocks of PS3 for you to play it, but still. Microsoft’s Game Pass is has such a wider reach.

1 hour ago, Vergil said:

For now i didn't add any credit card. It just took 1$ from my cart. I Still have 1$ left lol

Wait... so you just got it for free?

10 minutes ago, SealedCard said:

Came here to ask this, then realized it's not even available in my country. I still have some PS3 games to clean up. 1f613.png

That’s lame. ;/

I figured I might as well throw out a quick list of some less prominent games to check out, from my experience, if you decide to take advantage of the offer. I have had the service for a while and have been generally satisfied, if not always blown away.

Trine - 2D puzzle platformer, there have been 4 of these, but I am not sure if everyone is familiar with the original.

The Wolf Among Us - Telltale gem. Besides the first The Walking Dead, this is probably the most intriguing Telltale game. 

The Saint's Row series (3, 4, and Gat out of Hell) - Open World silliness. Probably the least serious, tongue in cheek of the genre. I had a blast with all 3. 3 and 4 have the full DLC editions on PSNow. I think the plat for 3 and 4 require a work around due to an online trophy, heads up.

Strider - Metroidvania. Shiny, sharp, challenging but totally fair and doable with just a bit of practice.

Guacamelee - Metroidvania as well. This one has a ton of personality. The platforming for 100% can be frustrating. The DLC is also included for this one.

The Raven - Mystery adventure game. Cool story for the genre.

Stikbolt! - A dodgeball action/puzzle game. Silly, fun, not very taxing.

Of course, the Sly Cooper, Infamous, God of War, Ratchet & Clank, the David Cage adventures, LEGO, Sonic, Batman etc. franchises are well represented, but there are a lot of great hidden gems to check out. For $1, it is totally worth giving them a chance.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, blu3st4rdust305 said:

I figured I might as well throw out a quick list of some less prominent games to check out, from my experience, if you decide to take advantage of the offer. I have had the service for a while and have been generally satisfied, if not always blown away.

Trine - 2D puzzle platformer, there have been 4 of these, but I am not sure if everyone is familiar with the original.

The Wolf Among Us - Telltale gem. Besides the first The Walking Dead, this is probably the most intriguing Telltale game. 

The Saint's Row series (3, 4, and Gat out of Hell) - Open World silliness. Probably the least serious, tongue in cheek of the genre. I had a blast with all 3. 3 and 4 have the full DLC editions on PSNow. I think the plat for 3 and 4 require a work around due to an online trophy, heads up.

Strider - Metroidvania. Shiny, sharp, challenging but totally fair and doable with just a bit of practice.

Guacamelee - Metroidvania as well. This one has a ton of personality. The platforming for 100% can be frustrating. The DLC is also included for this one.

The Raven - Mystery adventure game. Cool story for the genre.

Stikbolt! - A dodgeball action/puzzle game. Silly, fun, not very taxing.

Of course, the Sly Cooper, Infamous, God of War, Ratchet & Clank, the David Cage adventures, LEGO, Sonic, Batman etc. franchises are well represented, but there are a lot of great hidden gems to check out. For $1, it is totally worth giving them a chance.

I know I could look them up myself, but are those a mix of PS4 and PS3 games? All PS3 games? Because, since I got it, I might as well give Wolf Among Us a spin... assuming it's the PS4 version. I was gonna see what LEGO games were on PS Now, but 10/11 of them are for PS3 and the only PS4 one is LEGO Batman 3, which I've heard isn't too good. Plus I think I played it when it came out on 360. I don't plan on playing any PS3 games since I really don't want to stream games with latency.

Edited by OmegaRejectz

8 hours ago, arcanehornet_ said:

Honestly, yes. PS Now has been around for years now, I can’t believe they haven’t introduced it to every region yet. This is especially going to be important now that the PS3 store is (supposedly) going down.

Honestly, I'm not surprised they haven't expanded it more given they can't even be bothered to make the streaming half-decent. The quality is terrible. It's worth it exclusively for the PS4 downloadable games, of which there's a fair selection.

• Like 1

This might be a silly question but is there somewhere/anywhere a list of all available games there with pictures/banners? The official site has just 12 games with banners, the rest is just a list. I'm one of those people that seeing the banners helps a lot to quickly sort through these lists.

edit: this one might work https://www.ign.com/ps-now or https://www.truetrophie s.com/ps-now/games

Edited by theSpirae