The Last Of Us Remake PS5

God, I love TLOU, one of my favourite games ever and I literally began playing it again in another account two days ago. But we didn't need this. I might prefer ND to use that budget to do another game (or finish factions), instead of a remake of a 2013 game. Really, I played the part of the trailer yesterday and I couldn't believe how good the game still looks. There's something about the graphic style, that greenish filter, Ellie's original eyes and freckles, that minute long loading screen with the music playing. Just everything. The game has a unique charm that I feel using the Part II engine might have ruined. Also, it is exactly the same game if we don't count gameplay improvements. It isn't the case with other games like FFVII or Resident Evil 2, where it changes completely.

I love this but I don't feel like is right, is hard to explain.

A game isn't better because the graphics are better.

Edited by Jeanoltt
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, HusKy said:

The price tag is insane.

Yeah... Gonna wait for a price drop on this one. Not in a hurry to rebuy this game for the 3rd time at what will likely be a £60 price tag here.

I'm pretty indifferent to this news that this remake/remaster (I know it technically is remade, but it's hard to see it as that) indeed exists. I was honestly never a massive fan of the Last of Us when I originally played it on PS3 - it was good, but not the masterpiece I was expecting, not by a long shot. There's tons of other games originally released on PS3 I'd much rather see remakes or remasters of, especially given this game isn't even quite a decade old yet.

• Like 1

I wonder if they're going to pull a George Lucas, and swap out the character model of the doctor in the finale scene to better match up with Part 2? ?

...If they do, I think they should also add one new scene, where Joel walks behind Jabba the Hutt, and has to awkwardly step up on his tail to get past. ?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

TBH it more like a remastered game to me, far from a remake game if they just upgrade character model, lighting effect etc.

I was expected it to be something on the level of Resident Evil 2 and the Resident Evil 2 Remake.

Edited by James Tiger

giphy.gif

I have both the original and remastered platinumed and can honestly say that I will happily cop for this remake day one. Playing the second part so soon after the first felt like night and day and playing the remaster just highlighted how it's an amazing looking game for its time and a great story but with damn sluggish gameplay. The enhancements from the second game will elevate it in spite of how many of you are naysaying for now.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

Oh yeah baby 1f60d.png 

Cannot wait!!! 

Don't like it? Don't buy it. Think it's too expensive? Play the original. Funnily enough the people moaning about the price are the same ones complaining about its very existence and never had any intention to play it anyway lol!! Gotta love the good ol' gaming community bitchin' every chance they get about absolutely everything these days. Does this game need a remake? Not really. Am I going to be copping that Firefly edition? Damn fucking right I am 1f606.png

Absolutely with you man! I also have a gut feeling we will be seeing things that weren’t in the original.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

2013 me, going through the hotel basement part in 720p and 30fps:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952038b1e4e88a28a83e4

2022 me, going through the hotel basement part in 4K and 60fps:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952038b1e4e88a28a83e4

Don't bother updating the textures in that place, I won't even notice.

?

Pretty much this. That hotel basement is still one of the scariest moments I've experienced in video games. ?

• Like 2

Platinumed it on PS3 and PS4, might as well platinum it on PS5 as well. 

Little disappointed on the price tag personally considering I've already shelled out for the steelbooks for the previous releases but I'll obviously need the steelbook for this also. I do love the idea of having a reason to crack out the strategy guide book again.

Edited by Silocia
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

giphy.gif

I have both the original and remastered platinumed and can honestly say that I will happily cop for this remake day one. Playing the second part so soon after the first felt like night and day and playing the remaster just highlighted how it's an amazing looking game for its time and a great story but with damn sluggish gameplay. The enhancements from the second game will elevate it in spite of how many of you are naysaying for now.

Also could you update me when the contents of the FF edition are released? Incase I miss it. Still haven’t opened my Ellie Edition PT2 and I love the cover of this remake!

• Like 1

Most of fanboys wouldn't even recognize a cashgrab when they see one. I played through tLoU once on PS3. Took half a year break mid-game cause it bored my dick off. Never touched it again aside from Left Behind which was... so-so. Point being tLoU is insanely overrated.

Factions are not in the game. Way too much work to exclude it from the trailer.

Edited by VegaMan-X4
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, VegaMan-X4 said:

Most of fanboys wouldn't even recognize  a cashgrab when they see one. I played through tLoU once on PS3. Took half a year break mid-game cause it bored my dick off. Never touched it again aside from Left Behind which was... so-so. Point being tLoU is insanely overrated.

"I didn't like the game so is overrated" great point when both TLOU I and II are in the top 10 of the most awarded games ever and they literally announced a remake.

I love it and I will play it again on PS5, even if it's unneccesary and I would wait until 2030 for a even better remake

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, VegaMan-X4 said:

Most of fanboys wouldn't even recognize a cashgrab when they see one. I played through tLoU once on PS3. Took half a year break mid-game cause it bored my dick off. Never touched it again aside from Left Behind which was... so-so. Point being tLoU is insanely overrated.

Factions are not in the game. Way too much work to exclude it from the trailer.

TLOU is overrated to you, but not a ton of other people. It told a story that resonated with me and PT2 was even better due to childhood trauma that helped me heal in a way.

• Like 3

The remainder of this year is so dull for me when it comes to game releases (only looking forward to Stray and God of War Ragnarok) that I might consider getting this remake nobody asked for lol. What I'm wondering is if they also remade Factions. I feel like they have to, especially with that price tag. If not then oh well, no multiplayer trophies to grind lmao. 

• Like 1