The Last Of Us Remake PS5

24 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

That's what I'm wondering - some folks are saying no, but I can't figure out where they're getting that from :dunno:

The store listing on PlayStation direct website does not mention multiplayer mode at all but they do specifically mention Left Behind being included. If MP was part of the release, I'd think they would include it in the description so I'm inclined to believe MP is not part of this release. (Similar with Uncharted 4 MP.)

• Like 4

Just now, HusKy said:

The store listing on PlayStation direct website does not mention multiplayer mode at all but they do specifically mention Left Behind being included. If MP was part of the release, I'd think they would include it in the description so I'm inclined to believe MP is not part of this release. (Similar with Uncharted 4 MP.)

a reasonable assumption I guess - pity though, it was a good one!

• Like 1

Would multiplayer make sense considering we're still getting Factions 2 at some point soon-ish? Why split the player base like that? And also, leaving out multiplayer and online functionality in remasters/remakes isn't exactly a new thing. It happens a lot. As much as I LOVED the original multiplayer (it's my favourite multiplayer experience ever), I would prefer to wait until the new Factions game drops instead. 

3 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

Would multiplayer make sense considering we're still getting Factions 2 at some point soon-ish? Why split the player base like that? And also, leaving out multiplayer and online functionality in remasters/remakes isn't exactly a new thing. It happens a lot. As much as I LOVED the original multiplayer (it's my favourite multiplayer experience ever), I would prefer to wait until the new Factions game drops instead. 

I think they will launch the multiplayer for both TLOU Part I & II owners. Both run in the same engine so they will have access to the new Factions. They will probably sell it separately for those that don't want the game and just the online.

Eventually, the typical bundle with both games and Factions will be alone on the store.

Edited by Jeanoltt
  • Like 2

On 08/06/2022 at 7:39 PM, The Investigator said:

if you read the article about how TLOU Remake came to be, it was supposed to be the first remake in a series of other Sony games by a team that wanted to become the Remake team within Sony, the next one to be remade being Uncharted, but the team got disbanded and TLOU moved to NaughtyDog

This is one of the most ridiculous PR “stories” out there. they make it sound like this was made by *chance*. like a dev stumbled on a keyboard and remade TLoU lol

also how does a corporate team gets ‘distracted’, I’d say the only distraction was an order from the heads to remake TLoU instead of Uncharted because it would sell more 

So... the visual upgrades aren't as significant as I thought they'd be. It looks just about identical to the PS4 remaster, with the most noticeable change being updated character models. I expected something on the level of the Dead Space remake and others.

The story will obviously be different in some parts to retroactively justify some of the retcons, nonsensical continuity and new story elements in TLOUPII (especially with that unsettling title change ?), but one thing they should take advantage of is the confirmation of Ellie's sexuality here (via side conversation or in main dialogue is fine), instead of leaving it as the asspull that it is in the prequel DLC. I still remember Neil openly discussing being unsure or settled on Ellie's unknown sexuality post-release of the original game but then suddenly... and admittedly deciding to change it to gay for the DLC...

A lot of the gameplay in the original game is extremely dated (e.g. stealth in various aspects, A.I., the vast majority of in-game props having no physics at all, including simple things like breaking glass). This is the only selling point that can potentially win me over on, especially if they include factions BUT rebalance it from scratch and ditch the P2W element.

The price tag is a legit issue though; the game's now-deleted page and trailer doesn't mention any substantial new content, and there have been more ambitious looking remakes (and now-generation AAA games) with cheaper price tags. This is mainly a glorified remaster , and the inclusion of Left Behind does not warrant the price being this high either.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, HusKy said:

That will be so unfortunate if there’s no factions in the remake. It’s the one game mode I always return to when not actively trophy hunting. The factions on the PS4 version has such a large community, would be quite a shame if they’re making people pay $69.99 for the single player campaign and Left Behind only. What the heck even comes with the $99.99 bundle? Insane price tags. 

39 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

That will be so unfortunate if there’s no factions in the remake. It’s the one game mode I always return to when not actively trophy hunting. The factions on the PS4 version has such a large community, would be quite a shame if they’re making people pay $69.99 for the single player campaign and Left Behind only. What the heck even comes with the $99.99 bundle? Insane price tags. 

So apparently a full blown standalone multiplayer game is coming next year 2023. Just teased by Neil Druckmann live during SGF stream.

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, HusKy said:

So apparently a full blown standalone multiplayer game is coming next year 2023. Just teased by Neil Druckmann live during SGF stream.

Thanks for the info!

6 minutes ago, Ghost said:

A speedrun mode being added eh? Wonder if it’ll get the Uncharted remastered treatment and have speedrun trophies integrated. Interesting contents for both editions I’d say. 

I agree with this opinion. Sorry, not sorry.

For those that are upset by this move, please vote with your wallet and don't buy it. I for one, will be buying it because I want it, and it's one of my favourite games of all time. Do I think that the remake was NECESSARY? No. Do I welcome it? Absolutely.

That's all it boils down to. You either want it or you don't. But the sheer amount of anger that this remake has sparked is absurd.

• Like 4

At first I thought they were showing us footage of the PS4 remaster. Only thing that tipped me off were the updated character models.

4x0njJk.jpg

They even reused all the same voice acting from the original lol. Just goes to show how unnecessary this remake was like everyone had been saying. That's be $70, sirs. ?

• Like 1

Just now, shipper321 said:

Why do people always deal in two extremes? You're either a commercial fanboy that will gobble down anything that is fed to you without complaint or ask questions/show even a modicum of doubt, or you're an extremist that squeals at the top of your lungs that the company is greedy for charging full price for a game you've already played. No middle ground. Extremist mentality is comical, petty, and kinda small brained.

• Like 4

Just now, ziggypossum said:

Ellie looked like a little girl, but now... I'm not sure, she looks much more older, hmmmm

Kinda strange feeling

I believe that Ellie had a different face model for the 2nd game than the 1st so they've used the newer one which brings about some differences- but I'm not 100% sure on that so anyone please correct me if I'm wrong abut that.

10 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

Too right man. Discourse around what is supposed to be a fun hobby has seriously become exhausting and unenjoyable. I don't want an echo chamber where everyone agrees with me on everything but I swear I teach children who are far more mature than some of the folks commenting here. What are they even angry about? They don't even seem to know themselves. 

"They look too much alike to be a Remaster"
"It didn't need a remake"
"The Remaster came out in 2014. They're remaking a game that didn't need a remake already???"
"Reused audio?? THIS ISN'T A TRUE REMAKE! GET ALL THE VOICE ACTORS TO RETURN AND RE-RECORD THE GAME"
"$70??? Too much money! It should be a $10 upgrade for those that already bought the PS3/PS4 Remastered versions"

Honestly. I couldn't agree more. It is exhausting, and it is boring to be in an echo chamber of negativity, or an echo chamber of positivity. But if you're going to complain about something, at least make them reasonable complaints. If the price isn't to your liking, wait for it to go free on PS Extra, or wait for a heavily discounted sale, or stick to the original PS3 version or the PS4 Remastered versions, especially if you think this remake isn't necessary.

I do think a good amount of the rage involved is because of The Last of Us Part II - which is an amazing game - but people just can't let go of what happened. The Twitch chat was full of certain spoilers from the second game the second they saw Neil "CUCKmann", so I knew almost right away what was about to transpire. 

I love when people are constructive with their criticism, but holding a 3 year grudge because of the sequel? Whew boy.

Edited by Valyrious
  • Like 3