Trophy thoughts?

No longer here

3 hours ago, Wretched_Walrus said:

Do you have scout logs 9 and 11? Do they relate to the overgrown ruins? Wonder if other hunters are having issues finding the last collectibles.

I'm missing #9 and that's it. I believe it's overgrown ruins but I've not seen the room it apparently spawns in?

9 minutes ago, PS_4Trophies said:

I'm missing #9 and that's it. I believe it's overgrown ruins but I've not seen the room it apparently spawns in?

do you think this game is harder to plat than evil within? i was deciding which of the two to try to plat

On 4/19/2021 at 4:34 AM, deeps_rj said:

sad that PS5's trophy tracking feature is still underutilized 

It'll probably see more use now that both Xbox and Playstation have it as a standard. On the Xbone it's a complete coin toss if the tracking was even going to be implemented on a game you were playing at all and even rarer in multiplats. If you weren't someone like Ubisoft or unless Microsoft published your game you may as well have written the feature off entirely. It's a really helpful feature in figuring out how close you are to certain things, especially achievements/trophies where you have to do X amount of something.

8 hours ago, PS_4Trophies said:

I finished streaming Act 1 and other than a couple early hiccups, once I got rolling I was dominating most everything quite easily. I'll start streaming Act 2 after State of Play here if anyone wants to see for themselves. Other than the first and fourth biomes, the game is really easy if you know how to properly equip yourself and know what to avoid picking up. I'd estimate 7/10 difficulty and ~40 hours if you can get lucky with collectibles

Act 1 if you want to see the start https://youtu.be/Aq5mzp1a9k0?t=109

Watched the whole thing to give myself an idea. Doesn't seem to bad when getting the gun you mentioned.

Thanks for showing us! Definitely not a 8.5 unless you have no idea what you're doing.

9 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Which gun would that be? 

@PS_4Trophies was talking his whole stream about this gun and when he finally got it ohman..

It's the portal beam perk that thing melts stuff

temp.png

Edit:

Lmao so this gun to make it easier is more $$$$$ just wow :facepalm:.

IGN Quote:
If you want a few in-game extras to go along with Returnal, you can pick up the digital deluxe edition from the PlayStation Store for $10 more. Here's what it comes with:

• Electropylon Driver weapon
  • Hollowseeker weapon <--
  • 1 Reflex Stimulant consumable
  • 1 Pulsating Mass artefact
  • 1 Adrenaline Booster
  • Digital soundtrack
  • 2 in-game suits for Selene
Edited by Deluziion90

14 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

@PS_4Trophies was talking his whole stream about this gun and when he finally got it ohman..

It's the portal beam perk that thing melts stuff

temp.png

Yeah I saw the name and immediately realized it's the gun you get with the deluxe edition. I haven't came across it yet but I'll keep am eye out to see how good it is. 

Just now, BrandedBerserk said:

Yeah I saw the name and immediately realized it's the gun you get with the deluxe edition. I haven't came across it yet but I'll keep am eye out to see how good it is. 

You should check ps_4trophies act 2 stream. Around 43~mins he's using the gun and he just melts through everything on biome 4

This thread was a roller-coaster of a read. How it went from critising Sony for their easy trophy lists, to question what is defined as an easy game, to grunts about mis marketing the game's difficulty. 

Anyhow, I like looking at trophy guides, not to know what game I should avoid or choose based on the trophy road, but to see what I can expect from a game that peaks my interest. 

Returnal really gives off this unique vibe and is definitely on my to play list. And I'd probably only platinum it by next year x) 

Edited by WhisperingDusk

Played for the day, so far I finished act 1 (3 bosses) after only dying once apart from the first pretty much compulsory death in the first biome. The death was due to getting stuck in a small room with multiple bat charger enemies when already low on health. I've progressed halfway through act 2 currently. The game is certainly hard but it's nowhere impossible or anything like that. I consider myself decent so I'm picking up pretty quickly but I would say any fairly skilled player can get through after getting used to it after a short while. 

Items and especially malfunctions can make or break a run, my first run into act 2 started with a malfunction causing damage any time I picked up an item with the remove condition being collecting 300 obolites, which I didn't manage to collect in over half the floor leaving me screwed with no health and no pickups when I reached the boss. Generally though so far it seems pretty easy to start stacking a bunch of things and getting overpowered without thinking too much about what you are grabbing. Don't be afraid to grab malfunctions because most of them aren't that bad. Getting a lot of integrity upgrades and anything that can passively heal you will help a heap with maneuverability. 

So far I would say a 6-7 is a fair rating for me, probably leaning closer to a 7.

Edited by stargate1995
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Which gun would that be? 

My favorite gun is the Hollowseeker with the Retarget and Portal Beam perks. The lower level versions often doesn’t have the perks. Perks also have to be unlocked which is partly why the game becomes easier over time because you keep that progress between cycles

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PS_4Trophies said:

My favorite gun is the Hollowseeker with the Retarget and Portal Beam perks. The lower level versions often doesn’t have the perks. Perks also have to be unlocked which is partly why the game becomes easier over time because you keep that progress between cycles

Still waiting for my copy, so sorry for the confusion;

What do you mean "you keep that progress between cycles" regarding perks? As in, once you get further into the game, you'll unlock new perks for guns and that's when you'll start seeing them more in guns you pick up, even early on during your runs/cycles?

8 minutes ago, DragonSpear2462 said:

What do you mean "you keep that progress between cycles" regarding perks? As in, once you get further into the game, you'll unlock new perks for guns and that's when you'll start seeing them more in guns you pick up, even early on during your runs/cycles?

Each gun can hold up to 3 random perks, at the start you will find them locked on any guns you pickup. Using the gun will eventually unlock the perk and then it will come pre unlocked on any of that type of gun that rolls with the perk in the future. Eventually once you reach act 2 you will get rank 2 gun perks which assumedly increase dmg/affect of the perk, these have to be unlocked the same way as the rank 1s.

There's actually a lot of permanent unlocks in the game, different pickups, guns, gun perks and so on. One of the early game perm unlocks is an item that prevents death and is obtainable more than once (though I don't know if it stacks, you can obtain it after using it once however). You unlock a heap of different exploration skills and abilities and do not have to refight bosses. I'm also fairly sure certain quest locked doors do not need to be reopened so your path through repeated dungeons can be more streamlined (even though you really should be checking every room still).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DragonSpear2462 said:

When you get a gun it has a perk on it but the perk is locked.  Once you kill a certain amount of enemies it unlocks.  Next time you find a weapon with that perk it will already be unlocked.

32 minutes ago, stargate1995 said:

Each gun can hold up to 3 random perks, at the start you will find them locked on any guns you pickup. Using the gun will eventually unlock the perk and then it will come pre unlocked on any of that type of gun that rolls with the perk in the future. Eventually once you reach act 2 you will get rank 2 gun perks which assumedly increase dmg/affect of the perk, these have to be unlocked the same way as the rank 1s.

There's actually a lot of permanent unlocks in the game, different pickups, guns, gun perks and so on. One of the early game perm unlocks is an item that prevents death and is obtainable more than once (though I don't know if it stacks, you can obtain it after using it once however). You unlock a heap of different exploration skills and abilities and do not have to refight bosses. I'm also fairly sure certain quest locked doors do not need to be reopened so your path through repeated dungeons can be more streamlined (even though you really should be checking every room still).

31 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

When you get a gun it has a perk on it but the perk is locked.  Once you kill a certain amount of enemies it unlocks.  Next time you find a weapon with that perk it will already be unlocked.

Thanks for the quick responses.

Wow, okay I feel like the "no progression" narrative I've been hearing is not true/accurate at all. 

You do progress the more you play, just not your typical permanent stat boosts like in Hades.

2 minutes ago, DragonSpear2462 said:

Thanks for the quick responses.

Wow, okay I feel like the "no progression" narrative I've been hearing is not true/accurate at all. 

You do progress the more you play, just not your typical permanent stat boosts like in Hades.

Ya progression is different.  I love Hades but they over did it to the point where I couldnt tell if I was getting better or if the stats were making me overpowered.

Returnal has items that let you progress in different ways that you unlock but not direct stat upgrades.

For example the grappling hook lets you get to areas that you cant reach without it giving you more of a chance at more items.  The melee weapon lets you break unbreakable stuff, etc.

19 hours ago, lucky0ne16 said:

i know right, i have done games that he said was a 9 or 10, i think its multiple people on that account that runs the difficulty 

Yeah I think they probably have different opinions on what they think "hard" is. And that's totally fine! Some games give some people more trouble than others. I just wanted to give my thoughts to say that it might not be absurdly difficult to some people.