Trophy thoughts?

2 minutes ago, dalailama1989 said:

"Story One" is the thing that worries me the most.

?

Yeah - that really does ratchet up the horror, doesn’t it?

It’s the difference between:

I’m going to feed you this plate of faeces”

and

I’m going to feed you this plate of faeces first...”

?

• Like 2

I really wish there was better QC for games like this (similar issues I have with Steam), while I don't necessarily mind them too much I'm personally not a fan of them being thrown together just for the sake of appealing to "trophy hunters" that want a fast & easy platinum. I'd rather focus more on games that are actually enjoyable and meaningful to me, but if somebody else finds some form of enjoyment out of things like this then I guess I can't really refute that.

However, there is one thing that annoys me, and that's the amount of stacks some of these "games" pump out (PS5 stacks don't help this case either) and creates so much bloat when trying to scroll through the games list. I think the "Xbox Live Indie Games" section from the old Xbox 360 days was done quite well to handle things like this, no achievement support and that section was the quarantine zone for "lower quality" games.

While this site hasn't had any major updates lately, it'd be cool to have a way to filter games based on region, as well as filtering games like this that are just there for the sake of a fast platinum - makes finding more niche games I might be interested in a lot more of a hassle the more common this style of game gets. Some kind of secondary ranking system that excludes these types of games from qualifying would be nice too, creating a much more genuine ranking that isn't just "who buys the most stacks on the newest 10 minute platinum".

• Like 1

People would IMHO accept these games a bit more if they had no platinum trophy. I can think of a list with 1 gold, 5 silver and 5 bronze trophies and it would still be a good bargain for 99 cents.

But seeing this as a platinum next to something like a time consuming platinum like Skyrim or Monster Hunter, or some platinum that require true skill is something I can see people infuriate.

• Like 2

Just bought Sakura Succubus the other day for a much higher price, same as Legends of Talia, which offers two Platinum each (or one if you don't have a PS5 yet) for 5 Euros where these games offer gameplay, though as little as it can be, for 99 cents. 

For a trophy hunter, getting a game with an easy platinum for 99 cent is just too good of a bargain. They could charge more and people would buy it. 

This may seem as a waste of time. But I remember spending 60 Euros on Day One for The Order 1886, which has no replay value at all and I was done after 8 or so hours. 

9 minutes ago, Thrillhelm said:

Just bought Sakura Succubus the other day for a much higher price, same as Legends of Talia, which offers two Platinum each (or one if you don't have a PS5 yet) for 5 Euros where these games offer gameplay, though as little as it can be, for 99 cents. 

And yet, you didn't play any of those; you just skipped all the gameplay lol.

2 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

And yet, you didn't play any of those; you just skipped all the gameplay lol.

The decisions in Sakura Succubus made no difference at all, and Legends of Talia didnt have any decisions (Winter's Daydream all over again). Whereas Baseball or Avoid Them at least offered a little challenge.