Summer 2021 Backlog Challenge

37 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

Finished up Ys VIII. I finished it about 25 minutes after midnight. Just barely making it take over a week. It was tragic.

Luckily the second playthrough wasn't as painful as I expected. In some ways it was more fun, because bosses especially didn't die as fast, so I got to see more of them. Ys VIII was a fun game overall, but I still prefer other games in the series. I really wish they'd port more of the older games, like they did with Ys Origin. I would love an excuse to replay Oath in Felghana or Ark of Napishtim.

Anyway, almost halfway done with my initial list! Next up is probably Karrotcake. I may pick up the DLC now that there's a Trunks pack too. I remember enjoying it, even if the combat was a little unintuitive at first. I remember the only reason I initially dropped it was because I started playing it after I first played FFVIIR, and just couldn't entirely pull myself away. I wanted to focus on getting the FFVIIR plat, but then I got burnt out on trying to get all the dresses and then didn't have time to play games for a while. By the time I was able to play games again, I had just kind of forgotten about Karrotcake lol.

Shenmue - 0%

Mass Effect Legendary 2 - 100%

Mass Effect Legendary 3 - 100%

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven - 0%

Ys VIII - 100%

Persona 5 Strikers - 11%

South Park: The Fracture But Whole - 20%

Senran Kagura Estival Versus - 25%

A Hat in Time - 100%

Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet - 31%

Dragon Ball Z Kakarot - 38%

I was able to do Jojo without boosting but that was a couple of years ago. If you need help let me know and i can redownload

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I was able to do Jojo without boosting but that was a couple of years ago. If you need help let me know and i can redownload

Thanks, I appreciate that. I'll definitely let you know if I end up needing some help.

Honestly it'll probably end up getting swapped though. I mainly bought it and added it to the list to play on my arcade stick, for when my arthritis is acting up and I can't use my thumbs. Being a fighting game, I thought it'd be one-on-one and would only require a few buttons. But I booted it up and it requires L3/R3 and the ability to use the right stick to switch targets. As well as the use of all of the shoulder buttons, which I can't do on my 6 button stick. Which is fine, I'll get to it eventually, but I need at least one game on my list that I can play when I can't play anything. This was supposed to be that game, so I'll probably end up switching it out. Probably with either Catherine Full Body or Nexomon: Extinction, depending on how brave I'm feeling lol.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

Thanks, I appreciate that. I'll definitely let you know if I end up needing some help.

Honestly it'll probably end up getting swapped though. I mainly bought it and added it to the list to play on my arcade stick, for when my arthritis is acting up and I can't use my thumbs. Being a fighting game, I thought it'd be one-on-one and would only require a few buttons. But I booted it up and it requires L3/R3 and the ability to use the right stick to switch targets. As well as the use of all of the shoulder buttons, which I can't do on my 6 button stick. Which is fine, I'll get to it eventually, but I need at least one game on my list that I can play when I can't play anything. This was supposed to be that game, so I'll probably end up switching it out. Probably with either Catherine Full Body or Nexomon: Extinction, depending on how brave I'm feeling lol.

Yeah, its not great. I never really got better at the gsme just got used to the controls.

Well if you decide to go for it let me know ?

• Like 3