Favourite Metal Gear Solid Game? (possible spoilers)

FluffyAssassin64

Favourite Metal Gear Solid Game  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which game is your favourite?

• Metal Gear 1: Solid Snake
    • Metal Gear 2: Snake's Revenge
    • Metal Gear Solid
    • Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
    • Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
    • Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
    • Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
    • Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
    • Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops

So I just finished MGS4, and man, what a ride! Crazy cameos and twists, incredible visuals, hilarious yet awesome cutscenes... fantastic experience.

Finishing the 'final' game in the MGS series got me to thinking; what was my favourite of the lot of them?

I've played Metal Gear 1 and 2 as well (with the HD version of MGS3 - and thoroughly enjoyed them! Story made a lot more sense from there too), but haven't yet played Peace Walker (included that in the poll anyway). I added Revengeance as well, but not AC!D

For me, MGS3 Snake Eater was off the charts amazing, and remains one of my favourite games of all time to this day. The boss fights, story, characters and setting were all incredible. In particular *spoilers* the fight with the end and the boss were very memorable.

So, which is your favourite? Vote in the poll and comment why.

Feel free to rank your favourites as well. For me:

1. MGS3

2. MGS4

3. MGS1

4. MGS2

5. MG2

6. MG1

Edited by FluffyAssassin64

It's got to be Metal Gear Solid 2;

a ) for how many times I played through it - stealth runs, speed runs, destroy everything you see runs.. Don't think I've played a game as many times through since.

b ) for playing the demo of the Tanker for the first time and being completely awestruck - I remember how amazing it was that you could smash melons(or something!), knock over ice cubes and they'd melt, etc.. I had been playing games since I was tiny but this was unlike anything I'd ever seen before.

MGS1 deserves an honourable mention for how fun Nikita rockets were though :)

Edited by Che_DnB
  • Like 2

The one where you don't play it, and its just a long boring cut scene.

Oh. Wait. Thats all of them.

Damn such a honor to have a user with so many plats in this thread, but oh boy by reading ur comment it seems you have no connection to gaming at all, such a pity...

Now leaving this fine critic and focusing on the topic.

Its got to be MGS4 for me, best gameplay and storyline of the series:

metal_gear_solid_4_snake_graveyard-artic

But MGS 3 was a hell of a ride too:

tumblr_m8tkt7zAvx1qiqegzo2_500.gif

• Like 4

[spoilerS, I guess...] I'll probably be in the minority here, but I'll go with MGS2. Needless to say it completely blew me away the first time around. Contrary to popular belief, I still think it's a great idea to have you play as a completely different character and have the entire thing be a huge Solid Snake simulation program. The underlying genes/memes message is kinda neat too and the way the whole story comes together (and completely falls apart in the most batshit insane way at the same time) towards the end is amazing. Kojima just went completely crazy with this one and turned it into The Matrix of the MGS series. And I love it.

• Like 1

I voted MGS 3 and I personally rank the games as follows:

1. MGS3 (the first shooters game that I played and can actually finish lol)
  2. MGS (watched my uncle play this game when I was v. young, hence it has a sentimental value)
  3. MGS4 (the sole reason why I bought a PS3)
  4. MGS2 (fun to play, at least I can kick someone with Raiden lol)
  5. MGSPW (it isn't as great as MGS 3 and MGS 4 but I had tons of fun playing it :) =)
  6. MGR (eh, okay, not that bad, not that great either)
  • Like 3

MGS3 ( the first MGS game i ever 100% i enjoyed beating plus the survival gameplay in to it made it so awesome! )

MGS4 ( had so far the best gameplay and the first to give you the freedom whether to go rambo shooting anyone on the battleground or be smart and move like a fox around anyone, plus it had the best cinematic and touchy moments especially the microwave hallway and the ending )

MGS1 ( where all the awesomeness started plus one of the strong reasons why i picked the ps1 over N64 and the saturn )

MGS2 ( i remember i played this on a friend ps2 when the ps2 was out at the days resulting me wanted to get a ps2 no matter how many does it cost at the time the 60 FPS really made my jaw to hit the floor at the time )

i haven't played the rest spin-off of the series so i have to stop here.

Tough call between MGS and MGS 2. I voted for 2,. because apart from playing with Raiden mostly, I just loved the setting and the levels.

So...

#1 Metal gear Solid 2 - Sons of Liberty/Substance

#2 Metal Gear Solid

#3 Metal Gear Solid 2 - Snake Eater

#4 Metal Gear Solid 4 (although I only played like 20% of it yet)

The one where you don't play it, and its just a long boring cut scene.

Oh. Wait. Thats all of them.

Good lad.

Anyway, my favourite would have to be Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. As great as the other games in the series are, MGS3 is pretty much the perfect game in my eyes. I could go on to write a thesis about the game, but here's a simply awesome video that'll explain on my behalf:

for me it would be:

MGS 3 (epic story and gameplay)

MGS 4 and MGS 1 (first couse of it epicness and second couse of nostalgia)

MGS PW (managing Mother Base was fun)

MGS 2 (i dont rly like raiden :D)

i havent played MG 1 and MG 2 

Portable Ops i tried it but it totally sucked to me besides its not part of  main plot same as MGR R

cant wait for MGS V :D

Oh boy that's a rough choice. First of all, I've played and enjoyed every single MGS game (at the beginning of this year I've re-played all of them in order, from MG to MGS4).

At first I between MGS and MGS3, but then I remember the countless hours I spent playing MGS Peace Walker, first in the PSP and then in the PS3. Its mission based structure, together with Mother Base administration and recruiment, definitely changed the structure from previous MGS, but for it's own good. So, if I have to put them in some sort of "top" I would go like this:

MGS Peace Walker (I have put 200 hours in that game, splitted into two saved games, one in PSP and the other one in the PS3)

MGS 3 (like many of you have said, one of the best games of all time... the graphics, the story, THE BOSSES FIGHTS!! Even the codec calls and all the easter eggs. This game is just epic)

MGS (so many memories, I think that, like many of you, I have played this game as a child, so I can recall some good memories of me playing it)

MGS4 (obviously, my fist PS3 game :D)

MGS2 (Recently, when I have re-played it, it didn't seem so bad, I mean, it's not a bad game at all, but it surely seems less when you compare it with the other ones)

By the way @FluffyAssassin64, nice PSN avatar  ;)

Edited by Shugo-PNM
  • Like 1