Will the Director's cut have a separate trophy list?

me_is_caveman

I dont think anyone can answer that until its released, some games got a new trophy list with the directors cut version like Deus Ex: Human Revolution on PS3, but since this version is sold as kind of an upgrade for original buyers then it could just add more DLC trophies. On PS5 maybe could have a new-complete trophy list...

• Like 1

I deem it possible but unlikely that the retail Director's Cut will have a separate trophy list, but otherwise I would expect the new trophies to be considered as DLC,

This is speculation on my part in all honesty.

PS5, of course, is always a new list.

Edited by breakingthegreen
clarify no source
  • Like 2

On 03/07/2021 at 4:39 AM, breakingthegreen said:

I deem it possible but unlikely that the retail Director's Cut will have a separate trophy list, but otherwise I would expect the new trophies to be considered as DLC,

This is speculation on my part in all honesty.

PS5, of course, is always a new list.

This is possibly your best answer.
Either they will consider it an update and just add Iki Island to the current ps4 list, Or they will give it an entire new list i doubt this however as i cannot recall many times this has actually happened.
But as stated PS5 versions of games always have new lists, So if you do own a ps5 and a ps4 yes you will have 2 lists. 

Sony games usually have only one list and no stacks, at least on the same system, even for the complete editions (think Horizon, Bloodborne or Spider-man).

It may be possible, but highly unlikely, that Tsushima gets another list for the Director's Cut.

So, like Sony games, well Spider-Man… I’m assuming your save will transfer over and you’d be gifted with a new, free Plat. 

I don’t own the game, was borrowing it… if it’s a free plat I’ll just buy the PS5 version to play the new DLC that way, and get a free plat along the way.

if not a new list, then PS4 version all the way 

I'm mostly just paranoid if the trophies won't auto-pop for this version being that it's a Director's Cut. I mean, I fully don't mind running through the single player for the platinum again, I would gladly do it all over again, but I just really don't want to have to do the multiplayer trophies again.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Void said:

I just hope they do not do it like Spider-man, a voucher for the content, and have everything on the disc.

At least for the moment there's no mention of it on the cover. So fingers crossed it is the case.

I haven't played the game yet, so I have no idea how large the install is. If the main game + Legends is already taking close to 50gb, we'll probably have to download Ikishima, even with a director's cut disc.

1 hour ago, Tetho_mig said:

At least for the moment there's no mention of it on the cover. So fingers crossed it is the case.

I haven't played the game yet, so I have no idea how large the install is. If the main game + Legends is already taking close to 50gb, we'll probably have to download Ikishima, even with a director's cut disc.

If it is that big they could always do like Shadow of War or Mass Effect and have an Install disc and a play disc. Things like this are why I wait to get games, why buy day 1 when there is bound to be a "complete" edition in a year or 2.

A little off topic, but I'm wondering if the DLC content will be on the (new) disk or if it will be a one-time code for sharing purposes. 

I don't think Sony has a precedent for DLC like this?  Spider-Man GOTY is the only I can think of that was re-released with DLC and it had one-time codes.

16 hours ago, pro_cow_tipper said:

A little off topic, but I'm wondering if the DLC content will be on the (new) disk or if it will be a one-time code for sharing purposes. 

I don't think Sony has a precedent for DLC like this?  Spider-Man GOTY is the only I can think of that was re-released with DLC and it had one-time codes.

PS4 version disc it most likely will be a code because currently the install is like 43gb before the dlc and 50gb is the max disc size.  Being that it contains a new island with a whole bunch of new stuff it'll probably tack on around 10gb minimum when all is said and done.

PS5 disc might actually have everything on it because it would have a 100gb maximum disc size and depending on how much work they're doing to it for PS5 it may not hit that limit.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/07/2021 at 9:28 AM, Splathew said:

This is one game I don't want to auto-pop the Platinum. I'm starting with a new save and glady do everything over again.

Same. I bought the PS5 version so I’m hoping it’s only one new trophy list for ps5 and the ps4 just gets DLC trophies added. I usually buy the ps4 version and upgrade to ps5 for free and then play both games usually months apart. Like saints row remastered I’m about to start the ps4 version this winter but I already played the ps5 version a month or two ago. (Fun game btw)