2 X The Plat.....

DarrellGoodliffe

outriders, tony hawk, avengers, mortal kombat 11 kinda, spider man, spider man miles morales, AC valhalla kinda, watch dogs legion kinda, r6 siege, rogue company, hunters arena legends, jedi fallen order, to name a few. you can get the whole list on some websites about ps5 upgrades I'm sure.

• Like 1

Nah. Never really intend to play them again unless the newer version offers more. Like Ghost of Tsushima and the the new directors cut. Or if it’s a complete remake of a game from the ground up. Like Demon’s Souls. (Granted I never played the PS3 version) 

Resident Evil Village (although it's the other way around, I have the PS5 plat but not the PS4), Mortal Kombat 11, and Dead by Daylight. I'm close to the PS4 platinums for MK11 and DBD, haven't gotten them yet. I already did this for Maneater (and technically Jedi Fallen Order, although I autopopped that one). 

Edited by SnakeSound222

Already replatted Avengers and No Man's Sky since they perfectly auto-popped. Have also been trying to replat AC Valhalla...but I've had nothing but issues with them SUPPOSED to auto-pop, and now the ones I'm left with would require me to start a whole new game...I don't have it in me for that. 

I have some games such as Control, Saints Row: The Third Remastered and Borderlands 3 that don't auto-pop (as far as I know) so they'll require full replays that I'll play again some day...I'm in no hurry. Then there's Spider-Man 2018 and Mile Morales I'll replay and replat again. Bought Miles Morales on PS4 as I never thought I'd have a PS5 this soon, so had to rebuy it for the Ultimate Edition...so they'll have to wait until I'm in the mood. Maybe when Spider-Man 2 is announced. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Maneater is ridiculously good. I auto-popped Jedi Fallen Order, and then played through the game again without having to worry about the restrictions of trophy requirements.

Maneater is a bit weird but was free on the PS5 release, fun game and tbh the only PS5 game I've played for more then an hour. Too many backlogs.

• 1 month later...

I think the only one that I will completely replay is Subnautica.  The PS4 version of the game performed so poorly that you could cheese your way through the entire game.  I’m not going to replay all of FFVII but I’ll transfer my save file and buy the new DLC.  No Man’s Sky auto-popped for me so no need to replay, but I have friends with the PC version that want to play.

Other than those three games I don’t think I have a ton of crossover like I did with the transition from PS3 to PS4.  Really excited to play FFXVI eventually so I am slowly working through my JRPG backlog at the moment.

Already replayed Overcooked: All You Can Eat, Control, Saints Row The Third Remastered and Planet Coaster as they didnt have auto-pop. 

Auto-popped the plats for Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Ghost of Tsushima and Marvel's Avengers. 

Still got Hitman 3, Maneater, Plague Tale, and Crash Bandicoot 4 to auto-pop, Hitman 3 im waiting on completing the DLC on PS4 first, the other 3 Im yet to even start the PS4 versions so no auto-pop anytime soon.

Watchdogs Legion I ony recently finished up with the PS4 version, so the replay of that on PS5 wont be till late next year at the earliest most likely.

The fact that you can practically save transfer to PS5 and autopop all those trophies in quick succession makes the hobby rather pointless. It was fine when games like Sound Shapes, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time and Metal Gear Solid 3 allowed you to do that because they were the exception. Doubling up on games meant you had to play them from scratch.

If Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank (PS2 trilogies) were to be released today in 2021, the trophy developers would of found a way to autopop all those trophies. Sure would of saved me a solid 50 - 75 hours of hard work doing them again on the PS Vita, which is what they took me to earn those platinums a second time around.

It's all about the numbers now.

A lot of gamesnas AJ said with autopop do kinda just boost numbers and make it pointless. I do think the autopops should cost something...while i have done a few tbh, and was mad my star wars save was gone as i refuse to play Fallen Order on ps5 (fuck that map layout).

Death Stranding, GoT, required a paid upgrade for people who already owned. So i mean, that makes sense. But if everything ps4 to ps5 had free upgrades with trophy stacks you definitely get too many freebies.

SOME games do part of the work like MK11 which is fine.  No one wants to do the training again or head spikes. I forgot what it autopops but you won't get everything. 

11 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

The fact that you can practically save transfer to PS5 and autopop all those trophies in quick succession makes the hobby rather pointless. It was fine when games like Sound Shapes, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time and Metal Gear Solid 3 allowed you to do that because they were the exception. Doubling up on games meant you had to play them from scratch.

If Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank (PS2 trilogies) were to be released today in 2021, the trophy developers would of found a way to autopop all those trophies. Sure would of saved me a solid 50 - 75 hours of hard work doing them again on the PS Vita, which is what they took me to earn those platinums a second time around.

I'd be more concerned about it if people weren't playing japenese novels and breakthough games all day long for 10 minute platinums.  At least the person who auto pops death stranding put 150 hours into a great game for his two platinums and yet still had to go back and revisit the game for a few hours to knock out the additional trophies.  It literally takes longer for the trophies to  autopop in a legit 52 trophy game than it takes people to get some of these platinums playing through the 1st time.  Slyde and 1000 top rated for example.    Not defending the system but also can't help the system either.  Wish they would have shared lists tbh.  don't really get why they don't but i'm not shaming people for playing the other versions of their games they paid for, this is a Sony problem.

I won’t be autopopping them, but I certainly plan on replaying FFVIIR, and probably Control too, as I was a fan of both.

I’ve already replayed Little Nightmares II, (that game is a treat!,) and the autopop in Hitman 3 is unavoidable, so I have that one :dunno:

What I won’t be doing is auto-popping every available game, as that feels a little weird to me - and I certainly won’t be playing the PS4 versions of future games, just to give myself the chance to double-up on trophies.

I bought a PS5 to enjoy the best gaming experience, not to inflate my trophy count at the cost of that.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I regret Auto popping Tony Hawk.