GTA The Trilogy: The Definitive Edition (November 11, 2021)

1 hour ago, The Alchemist said:

Yeah... the "unexpected" excuse doesn't really work, IMO. Either they knew what GSG was doing and let them put it out anyway (which is the most likely scenario), or just let them do whatever without supervising... and, at least to me, both are equally bad. Also really weird that they're not putting back the old versions in the console stores, but eh.

Anyways, in regards to what I said before, I still hold my stance that it looks decent on the larger scale (that is, if you're just playing for shits and giggles without much of a critical thought), but now that we're seeing all these mistakes on the lesser scale (that is, when you stop to look at the details and the not-so-obvious things) and etc., they do really add up in the end. Plus all the crashes people have been reporting and all that joyful stuff - let's see if the updates end up fixing at least these kinds of issues.

Hopefully, this whole incident will at least reduce the R* idolizing that's really rampant among people, but let's be honest - most of the complainers will probably pay the big bucks for GTA VI whenever it comes out (assuming it does eventually come out, at this rate). But yeah, the standard advice goes here as well: don't overhype and/or buy on release, especially talking about the big companies, else you're likely to be disappointed - regardless of what company it is, after all, they're all looking for the same thing in the end.

Edited by Eagle

"In the meantime, it pains us to mention that we are hearing reports of members of the development teams being harassed on social media. We would kindly ask our community to please maintain a respectful and civil discourse around this release as we work through these issues."

Apart from the usual PR spin found throughout the statement, this part of the statement in particular gets to me. I'm not saying this kind of thing doesn't happen, because it absolutely does, but it's usually always a very small minority of people doing it. That doesn't make it right, and I'm not condoning any such actions, but this kind of copy and paste PR crap seems to be very common lately in instances like this where a developer or publisher starts taking some well deserved flak. To me at least it just comes across as a way of deflecting any sort of legitimate criticism from people. Maybe I'm just being cynical or cold-hearted, but whenever I see this type of thing I just do an eye roll. 

It's a shame that Rockstar and GSG didn't show their customers and long-term supporters the same kind of respect they're demanding. You get what you give.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Alchemist said:

I love happy endings, gross stupid ass company, without the housers GTA will not be the same anymore, neither any game released by them... RIP Rockstar

On 11/16/2021 at 9:32 AM, Patrickosan said:

Damn, GTA III (PS5) just crashed during 11 level of Paramedic... Ridiculous..

Is your game keep crashing too? Kinda rhetorical question.. 

Ouch...yes....and yes.

Man...Rockstar has a great history, and I'm sure they'll put out some incredible games soon, but they really stabbed the childhood magic, and hopes for PS2 Remasters in the heart on this one.

Just a pretty big mistake. As simple as that.

And I'm still sure the Saints Row Reboot will be another stab in the back. Ouchies. My back stabbing senses are tingling. All Volition had to do is remaster, or reboot the original two games into one package, and they would've had my money.....after day 1 of course. Lol.

28 minutes ago, Sn1per666999 said:

Am I the only one that thinks the performance is the worst part? I'm playing in performance mode on PS5 and the frame rate is wildly unstable and the games frequently stutter. GTA3 is the worst offender.

Digital Foundry did an excellent video covering GTA III and they go over this exact thing in the video. Performance appears to be inconsistent and downright awful at times on every version of the game. There's no way these games shouldn't run anything but flawless on the current gen machines. There shouldn't even be a performance mode, they should run at 60 fps with all of the bells and whistles as standard, there's no excuse for anything less.

To add insult to injury, the version that provides the most stable 60 fps experience is the PS4 version running in backwards compatibility on PS5, and they even recommend going this route for PS5 users in the video. Not exactly a graceful solution as you'll be taking a massive hit to the resolution and visuals. I'll link the video below, it's well worth the watch.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sn1per666999 said:

Am I the only one that thinks the performance is the worst part? I'm playing in performance mode on PS5 and the frame rate is wildly unstable and the games frequently stutter. GTA3 is the worst offender.

Try to activate lens-flare. There you will see the worst framerates. I guess, that's why it was deactivated by default upon the 1st start of the game.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sn1per666999 said:

You and the rest of the world by all accounts! ?

• Like 1

So before the update, I had major issues with GTA III and a few issues with Vice City but not a single crash after over 50 hours for San Andreas. After the update, it has just crashed 8 times in a row immediately after loading in, I loaded a different save and it worked for a minute then it crashed again. They’ve fixed minor issues and caused major issues. I can deal with a few visual bugs and issues but not being able to play at all is ridiculous 

With everything I am hearing and have heard about this DE since it launched, I am overjoyed that I chose to buy the remaster collection before it was removed.  I wasn't thrilled with paying $35 or $36 or whatever it was for it, but it sure beats laying out $70 for this....travesty may be the appropriate word to use.  $70 for an atrocious remake of 20 year old games. Smdh I have a friend who actually bought this and I told him I bought the old remaster collection before it was delisted.  He says I made the right choice. 

I’m absolutely convinced my 100% game completion is glitched. Completed every mission, got all the hidden packages, completed all rampages, done every stunt jump, filled out all three of the import/export garages, completed 100 taxi fares, got six stars at my hideout which should theoretically indicate that I’ve completed 20 vigilantes on each island, got the flamethrower to indicate I’ve put out 20 fires on each island, got to paramedic level 12, so I’m stumped. 

The only alternative is to go through it again in a couple of months when I’m not so burned out with it.

My auto save got corrupted repeatedly during the Black Project mission. I was going for the trophy and was failing and every time I tried to reload checkpoint the game crashed. Had to manually load my save each attempt. Had a few soft locks in Vice City that I've never experienced in the original as well. Lastly I just got my first GTA3 crash shortly after installing the update. I can't wait until I'm done with all 3 games. These ports have made me question my love for these games. Good job devs.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WhosBroden16 said:

I’m absolutely convinced my 100% game completion is glitched. Completed every mission, got all the hidden packages, completed all rampages, done every stunt jump, filled out all three of the import/export garages, completed 100 taxi fares, got six stars at my hideout which should theoretically indicate that I’ve completed 20 vigilantes on each island, got the flamethrower to indicate I’ve put out 20 fires on each island, got to paramedic level 12, so I’m stumped. 

The only alternative is to go through it again in a couple of months when I’m not so burned out with it.

Are you sure you didn’t miss some story missions because you can be locked out of some of Luigi’s and Joey’s missions if you don’t do them before Salvatore’s missions for example 

On 11/3/2021 at 11:50 AM, mcnichoj said:

I wouldn't be surprised if these games end up having more glitches than the originals and then end up being a technical mess on top of that. This collection is easily a cash grab and the main RockStar team wasn't even working on it.

Posts that have aged well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2021 at 2:31 AM, Ashbo said:

Of this I have no doubt.

I'd recommend you try them out though, ya never know you might enjoy them. Looking terrible and how the game plays/controls are very different.

I mean, as an example, a new styled brand of car could look absolute shit to its predecessor, but drive like an absolute dream, you just gotta test it first! 

I played the originals as they were ported to the PS4 and to me that's good enough. These remasters should of just been to increase the resolution and make the old games more polished. That's it. Instead the same company that gave people that shitty PS3 port of San Andreas were responsible for handling these remasters.

I don't think I ever saw a series of games get such bad scores on MetaCritic, and I honestly take everything on that website with a grain of salt.

• Like 3