numero uno (unobtainable)

ScottishNub

17 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I just watched this video 10 minutes ago, apparently a lot of people are having issues with R*.

I’m not usually in the loop with this kind of stuff, but even I’ve noticed the tide turning against Rockstar recently. ? I hope Rockstar is noticing too and will take action to repair the damage. We’ve seen numerous examples in the last few years of just how quickly your reputation in this industry can be destroyed once you lose the consumer’s trust, and right now it feels like people are losing patience with them very quickly.

• Like 1

Just now, dieselmanchild said:

I’m not usually in the loop with this kind of stuff, but even I’ve noticed the tide turning against Rockstar recently. ? I hope Rockstar is noticing too and will take action to repair the damage. We’ve seen numerous examples in the last few years of just how quickly your reputation in this industry can be destroyed once you lose the consumer’s trust, and right now it feels like people are losing patience with them very quickly.

We already saw what happened to Bethesda and CD Projekt Red. This is an era and generation of mob outcries, I'm telling you right now.

2 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

We already saw what happened to Bethesda and CD Projekt Red. This is an era and generation of mob outcries, I'm telling you right now.

Yes those are exactly the examples I was thinking of. It’s not just an era of mob outcries, it’s an era where a lot of the industry giants seem to be getting lazy and complacent and are taking their consumer bases for granted. And with all the competition in the market and the steadily rising cost of games, I think people’s tolerance for that kind of bullshit is at an all time low.

Rockstar seemed absolutely untouchable just a few years ago, but I’ve definitely noticed a growing discontent and frustration with their fans that should be quite concerning to them. If I was Rockstar I’d be trying to nip that in the bud right now before they risk becoming the Bethesda or CDPR.

1 hour ago, LosAngelesPride said:

Can you post the related links in the topic to encourage people to do the same thing as you ? If more than one person blow them up, they might come up with something 

https://support.rockstargames.com/categories/200013306?step=f18b2364

I would encourage anyone who comes by this post to do the exact same! As much as we can shine a much needed spotlight on the subject, need as many people as possible to badger them about it.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Yes those are exactly the examples I was thinking of. It’s not just an era of mob outcries, it’s an era where a lot of the industry giants seem to be getting lazy and complacent and are taking their consumer bases for granted. And with all the competition in the market and the steadily rising cost of games, I think people’s tolerance for that kind of bullshit is at an all time low.

Rockstar seemed absolutely untouchable just a few years ago, but I’ve definitely noticed a growing discontent and frustration with their fans that should be quite concerning to them. If I was Rockstar I’d be trying to nip that in the bud right now before they risk becoming the Bethesda or CDPR.

Doesn't surprise me. I've seen a lot of this crap over the years. EA was one of the first gaming companies to fall victim to being lazy and complacent, which people fired back on back in 2012. Old news I know, but I have to give the young folks on these forums who may have not been into gaming back then a piece of history.

I'm glad I backed out of the gaming industry as a profession when I did. Because I sure as shit don't want to get involved with this crap.

Lucky me I managed to unlock all GTAOnline trophies in the past months I was almost going to delay them until I finish the story mode ones.

You should report this problem asap so that you can get the Numero Uno trophy.

Good luck everyone hopefully they would release some sort of a patch that solves this condition.

As the issue with placing a bounty on someone that makes the PS3 trophy unobtainable isn’t an issue on PS4 does that mean these modes are still playable in the PS3 version?

Just wondering if that means it’d still be obtainable on PS4 by popping the trophy in the PS3 version (on a secondary/dummy account even) then just carrying that rockstar login into a character transfer on a fresh save in the PS4 version to autopop it?

(I probably don’t know what I’m talking about, was just curious)

Edited by Tsundokuist

And THIS is the reason i always try and get the online done FIRST. 

Shit like this is too unpredictable....

EDIT = To those talking about Rockstar going bankrupt. It's never gonna happen. Admit it, when GTA 6 get's announced, we are all buying ;) Me included. I hate the company, but i love their games. So of course they will not go bankrupt..

Edited by TomataEighty9
forgot a thing.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ScintillaWolf said:

https://support.rockstargames.com/categories/200013306?step=f18b2364

I would encourage anyone who comes by this post to do the exact same! As much as we can shine a much needed spotlight on the subject, need as many people as possible to badger them about it.

Ticket sent. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TomataEighty9 said:

EDIT = To those talking about Rockstar going bankrupt. It's never gonna happen. Admit it, when GTA 6 get's announced, we are all buying ;) Me included. I hate the company, but i love their games. So of course they will not go bankrupt..

No, GTA 6 will never happen. Dream on lmao

4 hours ago, Tsundokuist said:

Just wondering if that means it’d still be obtainable on PS4 by popping the trophy in the PS3 version (on a secondary/dummy account even) then just carrying that rockstar login into a character transfer on a fresh save in the PS4 version to autopop it?

The modes are still available on PS3, but they removed the ability to transfer characters to PS4 in March 2017, so this wouldn't be possible.

Edit: I've since checked and unfortunately it appears that these modes have also been disabled on PS3 too.

Edited by Marco

5 hours ago, kenseizenkai said:

So, now R* is turning into Activision/EA/Konami/Ubisoft/Valve/WB Games? Figures... 

And I wanted to start GTA V next month... thanks a lot R*!

Just goes how to show why the whole R* idolizing is dumb, considering they're all multi-millionaire companies whose bottom line is profit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ People need to realize that big companies aren't "friendly" or "evil", no matter how much they seem to be - they're all after the same thing, some just know how to hide it better than others.

EDIT: Also, R* going bankrupt anytime soon? Jeez. People really underestimate the casuals, don't they?

Edited by Eagle
Small addition
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TomataEighty9 said:

Basically this.

People are giving Rockstar a hard time, not because of the quality of their games, but because they just are not releasing new games. In the last 8 years, the only two games we've gotten from the studio have been GTA5 and RDR2.

Both games are amazing, but for a studio the size of Rockstar, we should have had more titles. I'll bitch about Rockstar, but the moment they actually release a new game, it's one of the few devs I am still willing to preorder a game from.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScintillaWolf said:

Interestingly, and maybe quite tellingly, Rockstar Support on Twitter have been ducking my tweets asking for information, as they have responded to tweets before, in between and after the two I've already sent them about the issue. 

This says it all. Ignoring issues with their game, but responding to others who aren’t inquiring about anything that requires actual work. 

They are not going to address it I’d imagine, even with multiple people sending in reports through the website. I’ll be sending one shortly anyways, but not getting my hopes up with this.

41 minutes ago, GuerrerDaurat said:

Hopefully this removal is just temporary. Rockstar has already said these jobs will be "cycled in and out over time as we continue to add to the game in the future". Don't get out your torches and pitchforks yet. 

This. I'm surprised it took 5 pages for someone to mention this, nowadays it's pretty common for games with multiple modes to cycle them in order to keep the player base more unified regarding matchmaking, this is just R* poor implementation of that as they could have easily left every mode available in private sessions and still achieve the same result. Just have to pay attention for when they're next available.

50 minutes ago, GuerrerDaurat said:

Hopefully this removal is just temporary. Rockstar has already said these jobs will be "cycled in and out over time as we continue to add to the game in the future". Don't get out your torches and pitchforks yet. 

Shhh, but then we wouldn’t have page after page about how Rockstar is evil and attacking players personally (a small subset of trophy hunters which are all ready a small subset of gamers)!   ?

My guess is that they rotate jobs in and out, like you know is pretty commonplace in MP modes.  We’ll see…

• Like 2