Trophy Thoughts

1 hour ago, Sunnyburrito said:

if someone has any interest I can create a guide, would need a few directions on how to go about creating it tho.

I think notes on the missable stuff like the Legion Soul in AOS would be greatly appreciated. Is Dracula X one of the games that uses a password system to select stages, or am I thinking of a different Classicvania? 

6 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

Isn’t Dracula X that really difficult version of Rondo of Blood?

Edit: “Due to the mobility restrictions, enemy positioning, and several other factors, Castlevania: Dracula X is generally considered to be one of the hardest games in the series”.

Really? Harder than the original four?

Edit 2: Guess quick save and rewind will help mitigate the difficulty.

It's the butchered snes port of rondo of blood. It is also extremely hard, harder than the original 4 for sure. For one thing, you have 0 invincibility frames when you get hit, so you can die extremely fast. The movement is very clunky too. Final boss room is a joke as well, easy to die on due to the room being a bunch of narrow pillars, and dracula has ranged attacks that will knock you into the pit and die instantly

Edited by SnowxSakura

Not a bad list but the biggest gripe for me is the lack of completion trophies.

Castlevania games have big maps which are fun to explore & fill in, especially with finding all the secret rooms & items hidden in the scenery, I'm disappointed there aren't any trophies for filling in 100%of the map, finding all secrets, collecting all equipment/weapons/spells/subweapons etc.

• Like 1

So, for Circle of the Moon, I have confirmed that it's a direct port, warts and all.

Meaning the DSS swap trick works still and the game is now easy mode right from the point you get your first card. So you don't have to look up what I'm talking about:
1. Push button to activate your DSS ability.

2. Right when the flashing animation starts, head to menu.

3. Open DSS menu. You'll need to look up the cards and positions, but place cursors over whatever cards you want.

4. Exit menu and that's now the DSS ability you have. You can activate end game abilities before you get them.

There are lots of ways this can be abused. This likely means any glitches or cheese from the originals will work for the other ones as well.

Edit: It should be noted that this doesn't work great with summon type DSS, which is a shame. If you've got really good timing it'll work, but it's pretty specific.

Edited by Jelly Soup

19 minutes ago, Jelly Soup said:

So, for Circle of the Moon, I have confirmed that it's a direct port, warts and all.

Meaning the DSS swap trick works still and the game is now easy mode right from the point you get your first card. So you don't have to look up what I'm talking about:
1. Push button to activate your DSS ability.

2. Right when the flashing animation starts, head to menu.

3. Open DSS menu. You'll need to look up the cards and positions, but place cursors over whatever cards you want.

4. Exit menu and that's now the DSS ability you have. You can activate end game abilities before you get them.

There are lots of ways this can be abused. This likely means any glitches or cheese from the originals will work for the other ones as well.

Edit: It should be noted that this doesn't work great with summon type DSS, which is a shame. If you've got really good timing it'll work, but it's pretty specific.

Can just use the big bone exploit with DSS to one shot the bosses. All of the out of bounds glitches to skip most of the games should work too

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

Can just use the big bone exploit with DSS to one shot the bosses. All of the out of bounds glitches to skip most of the games should work too

That'll do it too. I like using the room clearing Thunderbird ability. Requires actually playing the game, but it looks cool as hell.

• Like 1

I'm wondering if the rewind feature can make getting souls or drops easier?

Like maybe it calculates the enemy drop as it dies, so you could simply rewind 2 seconds back and try again for each soul/drop? That would be awesome!

Or maybe it only calculates the drop chance when you enter a room? Should be something people can test out throughout the game!

One list for the three games is quite disappointing but I guess that's the best we will get...

7 minutes ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

Like maybe it calculates the enemy drop as it dies, so you could simply rewind 2 seconds back and try again for each soul/drop? That would be awesome!

Or maybe it only calculates the drop chance when you enter a room? Should be something people can test out throughout the game!

It is essentially how people make TAS 100% speedruns, by rerunning the frame the soul should drop until it does so I guess it would work.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

I had no idea this collection had Rewind! ?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DavySuicide said:

I am so hyped, but a bit disappointed about the trophy images :-/ very uninspiring imo. But nonetheless a nice release.

While I do agree to an extent, I also think it could be way worse! They could do the thing where all the trophies have the same images, which seems to be fairly common nowadays. I'd say we dodged a big bullet on this one with the fact that we did get a platinum plus while the images are uninspiring at least they're different. All in all, pretty satisfactory results (personally speaking of course!). ?

3 hours ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

yes you can rewind before killing the enemy until it drops items armor or weapon and souls too

8 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

LOL do you realise how pathetic that sounds. Boo boo I can't get 4 platinums so I'm not buying it ?

Not that pathetic actually. considering that we like and care about trophies,and that this is a specific thread to opine on the trophy list, it's a valid observation: I also consider it a waste to create a merged list for collections, and unfortunately this is something that keeps happening. so much potential for so many trophies, and I'm not saying that for the sake of quantity, but for the sake of fun and overcoming challenges.

I started with harmony of dissonance, took me a few minutes to adjust to the controls but I'm having a blast. the rewind function is really nice even though it's pure cheese.

I'm not really salty about the whole 4 games - 1 plat situation. now the plat takes the "effort" of 4 games which might make it not so extremely common. while the rewind / save everywhere function will help A LOT, there is still vampire's kiss and the fact that you need to complete 4 games (6 runs with the julius/magician mode I think) to earn it

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

LOL do you realise how pathetic that sounds. Boo boo I can't get 4 platinums so I'm not buying it 1f602.png

No, I don't. Is the company somehow entitled to my money for re-releasing games I have already played? Do you realize how pathetic it is to attack and taunt someone over their opinions about trophies on a trophy hunting website? No, I suppose you don't, since you'd have to be an immature child to do something like that. I suggest you grow up.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ShadeSplit said:

????

I suggest you grow up.

Me grow up? I'm not crying over a trophy list

2 hours ago, LucasDragon570 said:

Better one list with platinum and objective trophies than 4 lists with 100% PSN.

Exactly. Nice and clean on one list.

14 hours ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

Won’t lie compared to the Requiem collection the trophy list is way less inspired.

But hey a chance to play three Metroidvanias I’ve never played is something I can’t pass up.

Gonna 100% fill the map for each game too while I’m at it.

You're in for a treat if you like Metroidvanias.

• Like 4

On 24/09/2021 at 11:58 PM, A1r4l3x said:

yup i can confirm you can even rewind like a second back, before whip hits in CotM and farm cards 

i just did it a couple of times with the first skeleton you find :D

Are you 100% on this. I tried on two different enemies to get hard cards using this trick and it didn't work for me. I had to run in the room, kill, run out, back in and repeat till I got it. At least it's leveling me up

Also the arena is kicking my ass ? I think part of the problem is my old man reactions.