Trophy Thoughts?

Neme-ita

I've seen some people saying the Special Ops trophies might be co-op missions or possible to initiate solo but who knows how much trickier that would be. Either way, gonna wait for a sale on this one with all the DLCs, because it just looks like the past 4 Far Cry games game play wise. Reason why I didn't get AC Valhalla either. Not to mention Ubisoft seems to be actually sticking with their Year 2 DLC plans for Valhalla so the same might be said for Far Cry 6.

• Like 1

Standard Far Cry list.

Fun games these and always a blast. Will get the online stuff out of the way early on and then crack on with enjoying the game. Glad its finally out after the initial release date being changed. As I say I always enjoy these games.

1 hour ago, xVolloxx said:

I haven't heard any news, is there a re release coming out or is it part of the season pass?

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/far-cry/far-cry-6/season-pass

Part of the season pass - for now. I think the same thing happened to Far Cry 3 Classic at first.

Looks like an exciting timeline. Far Cry is probably my favorite AAA series with Borderlands: it doesn't take itself seriously at all, often has me chuckling despite all the horrors it contains, and it has no (or very few) silly trophies which means I don't need to play while following a guide so as not to miss collectables et al.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, xVolloxx said:

I haven't heard any news, is there a re release coming out or is it part of the season pass?

It's included in the season pass, but will surely be sold as a standalone release pretty soon. I think FC3 Classic Edition was available without the FC5 season pass within a few weeks.

Either way it's a straight remaster, I assume 4k/60, as it's an older, less demanding game.

1 hour ago, visighost said:

Looks like an exciting timeline. Far Cry is probably my favorite AAA series with Borderlands: it doesn't take itself seriously at all, often has me chuckling despite all the horrors it contains, and it has no (or very few) silly trophies which means I don't need to play while following a guide so as not to miss collectables et al.

I absolutely love Far Cry, it's one of my favourite franchises of all time. I'm slightly concerned with 6, though. Hope I'm wrong. I typed messages about my concern for Deathloop, and that ended up being great, so maybe I'll "jinx" myself in a positive way! 

There is no huge red flag, it's just a few minor things that all make me a bit uneasy. Firstly, I didn't like the character models nor facial animations in some of the most recent promo material...at all. Facial expressions seemed wooden and jarring against the stellar environmental graphics. Secondly, I'm also not drawn to Antón Castillo from the promos either (as much as I like Giancarlo Esposito as an actor) - the character seems a bit one-dimensional. I hope he isn't just a strong-man dictator who is either 'right for a reason you can't comprehend yet' or power-drunk, which are my suspicions. I actually prefer Diego's character from the early going, who looks conflicted and could be a more interesting character to follow. Finally, the DLC roadmap concerns me. Not a fan of the rogue-like DLC's at all. Aside from achievement/trophy purposes, I also hate that style of gameplay. All subjective, though, and may all be refuted by the full game. Here's to hoping! 

One additional thing I think New Dawn did well I'd be interested to know about whether it is in 6 (or not) was Rank I-III outposts. It was an underrated feature, I think - I really enjoyed doing the same outposts again, but utilising my knowledge with different enemy layouts and ranks the 2nd/3rd time.

I'll end on a couple of good things. Firstly, I absolutely adored 5, but I'm glad that there is a more focused protagonist again. The lack of voice or personality from the player character meant very little emotional investment in what you - the player - were doing. 3rd person cut-scenes are also welcomed, and now PvP MP is a huge bonus. It has never suited Far Cry, I don't know why they tried to force it for so long. 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 1

Roadmap is out, looks very doable. All Spec Ops can be done solo, you just need to BE online. Only 1 co-op trophy actually requires a partner. 

Far Cry 6 Trophy Guide & Roadmap (powerpyx.com) 

Note, one trophy requires you to wait 2 further real-time weeks because you only get one Insurgent Leader a week. On PS5 you can time-jump, but I'm going to be playing on Xbox so I'll probably need to wait 2 in-game weeks from the launch insurgent. 

Edited by PhantomFear94

2 hours ago, SKhesraw said:

Do you guys think they will add DLC trophies with the 3 main DLC's? 

Because I'm doubting whether I should buy the gold or standard edition

Almost certainly, they added with 4 and 5. Expect the DLC's to be reasonably tricky, too, unless they are over-emphasising the 'die and retry' nature of the DLC's. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ashbo said:

I'd say there is a chance they will. 

However being a PS5 owner, I wont be playing the 4 version for the  sake of auto popping the 5 version.

Wannna enjoy this in its full glory as I did with AC Valhalla.

I did the exact same. Especially when Valhalla’s platinum took 100+ hours, I just figured I’d rather enjoy the ride and do it once on PS5 rather than settle on PS4 and get two plats. 

• Like 2