Is the level of difficulty 10/10? What do you all think?

Kazya-_-

I just finish the act 2 on nightmare and for me its not a 10/10 for the moment maybe the act 3 and 4 can change my note. I just play a speed build with Evangelo and its very easy I just need to run and have few pipes. Of course we need to be lucky for the corruption cards but not impossible

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

So... people who haven't even played it are doubting players who have?

I generally have come to have serious doubts about people claiming 10/10's on this site. If YOU said it was a 10 for having done SMB and other crazy shit* I'd have more pause for consideration but the average trophy hunter on this site... Nah

Edited by Deadly_Ha_Ha
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

I generally have come to have serious doubts about people claiming 10/10's on this site. If YOU said it was a 10 for having done SMB and other crazy shit* I'd have more pause for consideration but the average trophy hunter on this site... Nah

Then let me tell you it can be a 10. This game is a RNG nightmare with unbalanced enemy spawns. You might get lucky and get through it somehow or you will get annihilated when the game decides it wants you dead. I am having issues myself with the nightmare difficulty and my crew is losing motivation quickly, which is undertandable with the bad luck we are having all the time.

Imagine having a really good run where nobody gets hit and suddenly an exploder spawns next to you, detonates leaving all the team with quarter of their hp and having a horde of specials spawning 5 sec later just because. Yeah... this is what you have to deal with in this game.

Edited by SnowNinjaRaccoon
edited for typos
  • Like 3

Like someone else stated, everyone has a different opinion of what 10/10 is. Personally, I think it's useless to Diablo 2 as your benchmark 10/10 because spending over 1000 hours on a game for one trophy is beyond ludicrous. 10/10, in my opinion, should be something that is achievable within 100+ hours, requiring skill, teamwork (when applicable), patience, and luck. Diablo 2's trophies are just a massive FU to fans / gamers of the franchise. I won't ever consider that as my benchmark for 10/10. 

Now, bringing the topic back to B4B, I've been watching this thread since I started playing, and even completing recruit with 4 players really has me concerned for what is to come. People keep talking about getting 4 people teams, is it at all possible it's easier with less people? When playing recruit, I found it much, much easier with 2 people rather than 4. Less ridden, more money for ourselves, less people to rely on. I'm curious as to what other people think. In the mean time, we will continue on Veteran! Hoping to hear more from those who are successful 

• Like 2

Well now SIX people have the platinum so def not a 10/10.   I think the games tough as nails but it's not a 10/10 if that many people have already got the platinum.    A RNG nightmare, possibly.  I don't consider RNG as a difficulty factor anyway.  RGN means you will eventually get it a lot easier than you may have thought through good luck . Hard means you might not make it at all no matter what.  

• Like 1

I said before that this was going to be a 7-8 platinum, but now after being over halfway through nightmare, I'm going to say it's a 9/10. Some missions are ridiculously hard on nightmare and it doesn't help that you have to do like 5 missions in a row without checkpoints. Act 1 and the second mission in act 2 are definitely the hardest parts (at least for now, although I don't think the final act 3 missions are going to be too much trouble).

Super meat boy is a 10/10 in my books as I couldn't do it, so this is going to be a 9/10 for me.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

Well now SIX people have the platinum so def not a 10/10.   I think the games tough as nails but it's not a 10/10 if that many people have already got the platinum.    A RNG nightmare, possibly.  I don't consider RNG as a difficulty factor anyway.  RGN means you will eventually get it a lot easier than you may have thought through good luck . Hard means you might not make it at all no matter what.  

It's been out for over 3 weeks if you count early access and can technically be done in about 30-40 hours so i personally don't think that's a lot. Rng can also make a huge difference for difficulty. Games such as Jotun, Eldest souls, Vermintide 1&2, crypt and many more wouldn't be the same without rng.

I'd be surprised if this was a 10/10 but at the same time wouldn't count it out on being very difficult because I know how bullshit this style of game can get on higher difficulties. 

On 10/24/2021 at 4:05 PM, CharlesB753 said:

Now, bringing the topic back to B4B, I've been watching this thread since I started playing, and even completing recruit with 4 players really has me concerned for what is to come. People keep talking about getting 4 people teams, is it at all possible it's easier with less people? When playing recruit, I found it much, much easier with 2 people rather than 4. Less ridden, more money for ourselves, less people to rely on. I'm curious as to what other people think. In the mean time, we will continue on Veteran! Hoping to hear more from those who are successful 

My brother and I played through almost all of B4B on Veteran, however, we could not pass Act 3. With this in mind, I'm certain that it will not be possible without a team of 4...

After joining the B4B discord, I was able to pass Veteran with players who have many more hours than I. I haven't even touched Nightmare yet, but I already know that Act 3 of this game on Nightmare will be at LEAST an 8/10 difficulty. People seem to be finding success with speed running / cheesing most levels, but the level T-5 (5th level in a row in Act 3) after spending at least 45 minutes with checkpoints will prevent a lot of folks from ever achieving Nightmare, because you can't speed-run that level. Shortly after, you'll hit Road to Hell, which seems to be what is preventing a lot of teams (at least, based on discord chatter), which is directly followed by Body Dump, which can easily throw a wrench in the works for even well coordinated teams.

In the mean time, I love the game - I'm having a blast, I am looking forward to the Nightmare difficulty and will update this forum with more discussion once I have anecdotal experience of Nightmare myself! 

• Like 2

On 10/20/2021 at 7:04 PM, Wild-Arms-R said:

This game is definitely unbalanced, now don’t want to compare it to left 4 Dead but the games call back 4 blood(so the devs already did) 

But L4D was so much better then what ever this game is going for.

Call system to make you think your progressing, when in reality the games pading out content so it doesn’t seem more shallow.

Special infected that are pretty poorly designed(and very uninspired) with obnoxious spawn rate to boot.

Bland ass art style and gunplay.

I get they wanted to give the game a gritty take, but I feel it more to the games detriment.

This game is just L4D without any of the charm, almost like a cash grab.

And I can’t see it lasting anymore then maybe a year till it’s forgotten cus there just isn’t anything interesting to be had here. E.g Evolved.

Honestly I feel the same way even though I just started. I regret buying, and especially regret playing this game as I always go for 100%. Your comment about the spawn rate of the special effected can't be any more true.

Another big pet peeve of mine is the aiming and just looking around in general. I thought playing this game on ps5 it would be smooth but looking around almost gives me motion sickness which no game ever has before. I turned motion blur down completely and it still looks blurry. And don't get me started on the aiming. 

Maybe modern warfare 2019 ruined my outlook on a lot of games because the aiming feels so natural in that game and looking around feels smooth. And I know Apple and oranges but the point is there. 

• Like 2

After getting the platinum, I can say this game is actually not a 10. Act 1 is your biggest hurdle, after that act 2 can be irritating, but not that bad. Act 3s difficulty is over hyped, T5 is a joke with speed builds and the last 5 chapters after are a 4/10 difficulty max. 

Edited by I-FaNTaSTiCzZ-l

22 minutes ago, Stars_of_Sirius said:

Honestly I feel the same way even though I just started. I regret buying, and especially regret playing this game as I always go for 100%. Your comment about the spawn rate of the special effected can't be any more true.

Another big pet peeve of mine is the aiming and just looking around in general. I thought playing this game on ps5 it would be smooth but looking around almost gives me motion sickness which no game ever has before. I turned motion blur down completely and it still looks blurry. And don't get me started on the aiming. 

Maybe modern warfare 2019 ruined my outlook on a lot of games because the aiming feels so natural in that game and looking around feels smooth. And I know Apple and oranges but the point is there. 

I recommend turning aim assist off completely. It feels janky in this game. Aiming feels more natural (and a bit easier) without aim assist on.

On topic: like many people have said, this game is a difficult one. Yes, it's possible, but it's going to take time before this gets easier. The community will improve, decks will be optimized, and the difficulty will likely be tweaked by the devs. I remember WWZ was in a similar situation a few months after launch. It was almost impossible to complete the game on the hardest difficulty because the spawn rate of the specials was insane. After about a year, the game went through some balancing and the online community became much more skilled with the game, making the hardest difficulty feel much more fair. This will probably happen with B4B as well.

Edited by ResoluteRock
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, I-FaNTaSTiCzZ-l said:

After getting the platinum, I can say this game is actually not a 10. Act 1 is your biggest hurdle, after that act 2 can be irritating, but not that bad. Act 3s difficulty is over hyped, T5 is a joke with speed builds and the last 5 chapters after are a 4/10 difficulty max. 

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am stuck in the 2nd part of ACT 1. Do u recommend doing those 5 levels speedrunning or slowly with a good team? 

40 minutes ago, zemiguelreis said:

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am stuck in the 2nd part of ACT 1. Do u recommend doing those 5 levels speedrunning or slowly with a good team? 

I turned cross platform off, used melee and got the bots to do most of the work. The build I used is a little different, since i use a card which deactivates sprint, but you slice through tall boys with the axe/hatchet and the bots keep you safe from ridden 

• Like 1

Hi everyone.

I wanted to ask those of you more experienced in nightmare what kind of decks work best.

I have a tank and it works very well for me except for the spitters that always ruin my game.
I've seen people go through a lot of levels using speed decks to run from point A to point B.
What is your opinion?

I'm currently Act 1 veteran.

Edited by MANU1950

Congrats to anyone that has achieved the platinum already. The November patch is busted. The game was challenging before but now it is outright broken. Bosses now spawn on the first stage in nightmare in almost every run (including ogres and breakers) and the special spawns have increased believe it or not and I'm now finding them spawn in rooms I'm still standing in which didn't happen to me before. Some runs you barely make it out of the saferoom before running into a breaker and you have nowhere to go. It's busted in its current state and that's coming from someone who has loved the game since release and was enjoying the challenge that came with nightmare. Disappointing to say the least.

• Like 1

Not too difficult I did solo online and completed Nightmare and solo online doubles your objective Like 4-3 you have board up 6 windows solo. You can wait till solo progess releases it won't double the objective. 5.3 not difficult.

Just an update to my post yesterday. On Turtle Rock's twitter they have already addressed the trauma issue (a few hits from a common and your health bar was 50% trauma) which was occurring with the latest patch and just now posted about the special spawns I mentioned.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TurtleRock/status/1458890514791493649

So hopefully it will be resolved soon and will be playable again. They are on to it pretty quickly which is good.