Capcom says Resident Evil fans are too old and will grow out of gaming

Lady Lilith

I've been a fan for as long as I remember, I'm only 20 and would definitely not consider myself old. Quite strange that they would throw that excuse out. I wouldn't say the age really matters, it's quite a matured theme type of "horror" so the older fans should be the people it's targeted at.

Maybe it's just an excuse to delay something, who knows. I for one would love to see and old school kind of Resident Evil.. Resident Evil 6 Leon's chapters we're the closest it got in a long while. The earlier chapters anyway.

Even if they step down there will be some kind of indie group that will be up for the challenge.

Capcom need grow up !
I'm a big fan of horror games but I must say that despite having played every RE game (and enjoyed) this is no longer resident evil ! the survival horror disappeared, only what remained was ugly monsters  :P :P
Their problem is that they want to adapt the new RE with the latest public in videogames and lots of times it is a mistake that many videogame companies will pay dearly later or sooner!

• Like 1

Resident Evil and Final Fantasy, the two most gone from glory to garbage series in the history of video gaming. 

Capcom has made garbage RE games which has driven away more and more players and now they are trying to explain to their investors "these guys are so old they don't game anymore". Sorry but your games have been so shitty for so long, we don't play those games anymore. 

Here's a novel idea. Instead of trying to find out of the box marketing schemes like advertising your video game in a fashion magazine or opening up a restaurant themed on your video game...try making a game that doesn't suck monkey balls. Just a thought. 

• Like 1

I read a similar comment from someone in Arc Systems Works as pertains to Guilty Gear as a reason why they wouldn't bring old GG games to new consoles/ focus on new GG games. Thing is, most people who love games, don't "grow out of it".

Pretty sure that was a rumor lol it was because they lost it to Sega or someone for ages and ended up only getting it back recently.

I'm 23.. turning 24 this month.. so I'm old according to Capcom :( Have they even done their research? Most of the most hardcore gamers are nearing or in their thirties.

yeah that's a good one Crapcom! let's see how RE7 is gonna looks like  :holy:

1- the game is 3 hour long and cost a full price of $60 ~$70.

2- game finally goes back to survival route and you gonna play only as sherry wearing nothing but pink colored bikini ( story related ).

3- the game will gonna be super liner with zombies is filling the screen / blocking your way so the only way to pass is to fight your way from point A to B sherry will only armed with a popgun that can only push back the zombies ( not killing them ) and the game is super difficult!

4- the only way to have a real gun in the game to kill zombies and make your journey easier is to purchase a gun DLC for $10 that gave you a gun with only 5 bullet's, there's no weapons / bullet's laying around so if you manage to reach a checkpoint with a bench you can open a store menu to purchase only bullets with real money $1 per 1 bullet (similar to dead space 3 but in a nutshell ).

5- there's only 10 campaign trophies / achievements, 5 bronze and 5 silver and they're super hard to unlock while multiplayer mode have 40 trophies all of them are gold they're easy to achieve but all of them required grinding so you can spend years on the MP mode to get addicting to it, though you still need to purchase the multiplayer mode for $20. :facepalm:

all i need to say is, better if they let the series to rest in piece it's better that way.   

Edited by yellowwindow7
  • Like 1

Resident Evil and Final Fantasy, the two most gone from glory to garbage series in the history of video gaming. 

Yeah.....no.

OT: Capcom is not saying somethiing we don't know. How old were you when you played the first RE? And sure if you are reading this, you still game, but most people that played the same game do not. Either way, it is dumb to say that the current titles are selling poorly because of this. Thats why you always aim for new players, by reinventing the series in some way that appeals to the current masses. 

Us being old is not an excuse for you being lazy.

I love the original Resident Evil games; especially RE 2. I don't think I've grown out of them, I've just gotten bored with the way the games are now. I personally didn't enjoy RE 5 or 6. I think the original formula worked better and Capcom shouldn't have changed it.

Did anyone play the RE 5 (DLC) "Lost in Nightmares"? It gave me that old feeling I've been missing with these newer games.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember in the olden days thinking Capcom were by far my favourite developer - Onimusha, Resident Evil, Mega Man and so on.

Fast forward to the present and they have become but a shell of their former self.

I still enjoy Resident evil but prefer the originals like EVERYONE else.

Mega man is AWOL.

Onimusha is dead.

The Capcom I knew and loved are no more.

Grow out of gaming? The majority of us gamers are between the age of 30-40 years old.

How many folks have actually played the first three installments of the series, the first one is from 1994. I would say the 'old gamers' are just the right audience for playing this series.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I would say I am just growing out of the series, I really enjoyed 5 though, 6 is sat on my shelf waiting to be played. I really didn't like half the crappy spin off games, and replaying a couple of the gamecube versions of the originals a few years back I realised that what I first liked about the games didn't translate many moons later.

• Like 2

Bunch of glue sniffers! It all sounds like an excuse to push the action theme on Resident Evil to appeal to new fans so they can stop being scary because we don't care anymore. I'm in my 20's and I've enjoyed Resident Evil back when Capcom actually made good games and I still consider some of the earlier Resident Evil games to be on my list of my favorites ever. I have friends at work that are a little older than me who feel the same way about the series. RE4 was tolerable while anything after it (while still decent games) are not part of the RE formula that we wanted. I haven't played Revelations yet, but all of my friends who have absolutely loved it because they said it went back to the old school format. True gamers don't say one day "Yea, this was all a big waste of money. What kind of loser was I?"

• Like 1

I read a similar comment from someone in Arc Systems Works as pertains to Guilty Gear as a reason why they wouldn't bring old GG games to new consoles/ focus on new GG games. Thing is, most people who love games, don't "grow out of it".

I cannot stress your last sentence enough.Bravo sir.