Bingo Bonanza 2022

14 hours ago, Dinkus83 said:

So, it's been a couple months since my original post here and I haven't posted an update yet. I've been playing games for a backlog event and random things from checking out PSNow, so I figured I'd see where games fit after finishing them. I just hadn't taken the time to go through them yet, but I think it's definitely time to get some things on the board here.

PfNm8WO.png

Reveal hidden contents

B1 - That You Started but Didn't Finish - *King's Quest* 3D Dot Game Heroes* ?

B2 - Favorite Genre - Car Mechanic Simulator - I love sims and cars, so I think this fits the bill very well!

B3 - Released the Year You Joined PSNP (2017) - Seasons After Fall

B4 - Non-human sidekick - Hotel Transylvania 3: Monsters Overboard - Almost everyone in this was non-human, including all the Pikmin-like guys that I considered my sidekicks.

B5 - With Gorgeous Vistas

I1 - Play as an Antihero or Bad Guy

I2 - With Player Operated Vehicles - *some racing game, I'm sure*

I3 - That You Can Beat in One Sitting - Unmechanical Extended - I didn't, but the game only takes an hour or two, so one definitely could.

I4 - Cooperative Game - *Operation: Tango*

I5 - Arcade, Rhythm, or Puzzle - Maquette

N1 - Retro Re-release (Originally w/o Trophies) - *Final Fantasy X-2 HD*

N2 - In-game Weather Effects - Astro's Playroom - I remember there being a rainy and windy bit in there somewhere :)

N3 - Player's Choice - Castle Crashers Remaster - One of the first games I bought on my PS3, so the remaster is an excellent choice for this spot.

N4 - Developed in a Foreign Country - Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - I'm in the US and this was developed by Starbreeze Studios in Sweden.

N5 - That Gives You the Feels - Final Fantasy X HD - I played the original of this sooo much, the first Final Fantasy game that I got to sink loads of time into, and I loved it. Still love it.

G1 - Non-Violent - Little Big Workshop - While Nemesis is quite mean and rude over the phone when you're doing well, it never turns to violence ;)

G2 - Recommended by a PSNP Member

G3 - In a Series New to You - *Monster Hunter* ?

G4 - Has no platinum trophy - *The UnderGarden* ?

G5 - No jump button - Doki-Doki Universe

O1 - With an Isometric View - Torchlight 2

O2 - Anthropomorphized Animals - *Bakugan* ?

O3 - With Player Choices or Multiple Endings - *Beyond: Two Souls*

O4 - Adventure - Voodoo Chronicles

O5 - That Takes "Forever" to Beat - *Two Point Hospital* .hack ?

I've also penciled a few things in for possibilities in some empty spots. There are a couple of those that I'm sure of, but most of them were just thoughts while scrolling through my backlog.

I could use some recommendations for the square that needs one. Also, In a series new to you, I really struggled to come up with an idea. Monster Hunter World I did play a bit of a couple years ago, but other than that I've never played one, so I'm not sure if going back to finish the story of that one would qualify? Or, if anyone has ideas for a series that I've never touched that would be helpful too :D Also, thoughts from anyone who is familiar with Bakugan as to whether they would count as anthropomorphized animals? I watched it with my son a bunch when he was younger, but I have a horrible memory. They are more like robots, though, right? Not really animals? (So far in the game, I have a dragon and a froggy girl that are animal-ish.) I dunno, I could use a ruling on whether that would work there or not lol. I'm playing through it now regardless, but I'll have to look for something else there if that doesn't really work.

It's been good reading everyone else's progress on their cards. I have no idea how I've filled in that many squares and still no Bingo in sight, but hopefully I'll do better at keeping my card updated now that I've gone through my list of games so far this year at least.

Since you don't seem to mind RPG's, a simple option is the Adivine series. Not too complicated or difficult either for one you have not played. My recommended game is Maneater. Most of the glitches have been fixed and what I played was fun just chomping things up.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Since you don't seem to mind RPG's, a simple option is the Adivine series. Not too complicated or difficult either for one you have not played. My recommended game is Maneater. Most of the glitches have been fixed and what I played was fun just chomping things up.

Thanks for the recommendations! I will look into Adivine. Is that a series that should be played in order, or are they separate stories?

2 minutes ago, Dinkus83 said:

Thanks for the recommendations! I will look into Adivine. Is that a series that should be played in order, or are they separate stories?

https://www.rpginsanity.com/forum/kemco-chat/29588-asdivine-series/

There are many that need to played before others but also independent. The link above has more answers. 

• Like 1

On 06/05/2022 at 11:17 PM, Evil_Joker88 said:

I didn't anything in the original post related to this but to my understanding only horizontal or vertical lines count so no Bingo yet :(:)

Dude - you're golden:

On 27/12/2021 at 2:33 PM, Squirlruler said:

Yea, diagonal counts, just like normal bingo :]

• Like 4