Where does your PSN username come from?

Maitre

Kind of a stupid story really.

Someone had already taken my usual go to username, and as I sometimes had an obnoxious habit of putting lord into my usernames somwhere, it became this instead.....

As it turns out, (and I didn't realise this for quite a few years later) I was also the one that had already registered my usual username, when I'd registered my psp, and just completely forgotten about it.

Vigilant comes from the Latin translation of "Staying Awake". Thought it suited a guy who only sleeps 3-4 hours a night.

Crow is locally used when identifying old people. Also a double play on Corvids being attracted to shiny objects, like our psn trophies.

Needed something fairly unique.

• Like 1

Mine came from playing Unreal Tournament when I was a kid. I wanted to come up with a name that I thought sounded cool/tough/edgy/violent/etc. and came up with Blood Hungry. It's kind of embarrassing looking back on that, but I fell in love with the name. A few years later when I started playing Halo 2 on Xbox Live, I decided to stick with the name. Since it was my 2nd version of the name I went with Blood Hungry II and I stuck with that name for years on Xbox. When I switched to Playstation, I decided I should keep the name since I'd used it for so long, so that version became Blood_Hungry_III. At this point it's been probably 20 years that I've been using some version of the name and I feel so attached to it that I've moved past being embarrassed by it.

• Like 1

Well, my PSN name is a meme and a mobile phone.

R4M_Razr.png

R4M = Ram 4 Money
This one was brought to life by legendary YouTuber Steve Alvarez Brown aka Super GT who focuses on racing games – primarily Forza and Gran Turismo. The Forza online mode is notorious for being awful due to the lack of skill, proper behaviour of the vast majority of players, and a missing penalty system. It's less motorsport rather than motorwarfare. Steve then created a second PSN account with R4M as his clan tag. Many players followed suit and changed their name or created new accounts.

Razr
Hey, fellow kids! ?
This is a mobile phone:

handy4-morotolarazrv3h6e5p.jpg

Edited by El Duderino
  • Like 2

CptToffer is pretty simple really. 

Cpt is short for Captain and the first time I needed an online handle was when I played Call of Duty: United Offensive (it was the best COD, don't @ me) ?

My name in real life is Christopher and of course, like most people, gets shortened to Chris. Some close friends decided to give me the nickname of Topher instead but spelt it Toffer and it stuck. That was twenty years ago and it's my online name everywhere.

• 1 month later...

Vitani is the name of my favourite Disney character. I used to use that s my username for a number of places until I started finding that it was already taken. The is a scene in The Lion King 2 where  Nala calls out her name, but instead of Vitani, it sound more like 'Vit-al-an-e', so I altered up the spelling and came up with Vitallani. 

Both my previous handle, Nai_Lienoj, and current handle, Jiano_Vera, are partial anagrams of my real name. I got the idea of using anagrams from my favorite Japanese DJ - Nujabes (RIP). Nujabes’ real name was Jun Seba, and I thought it would be a fun idea to rearrange the letters in my name to create something still unique to me. 

Edited by Jiano_Vera