Say whatever's on your mind...

Dreakon139

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Maxine said:

I wish I was truly happy in all aspects of life

I wish it was possible, sadly it seems almost the opposite per default and you have to actively work for it. Random happiness happens, but way too little to just live of that. If we want to be happy we have to change things that are either not good for us, or neutral whilst they could give happiness. Easier said then done though, i didn't do anything for a decade and that made things worse. Now ive reached out for help since i couldn't do it on my own.

On a less somber note, i like your YT channel, i see some racing content in the recent vids, what racing game on PlayStation (3, 4 or 5) is your favourite? I'm looking for a new race game.

Edited by Qjotr

1 hour ago, Qjotr said:

I wish it was possible, sadly it seems almost the opposite per default and you have to actively work for it. Random happiness happens, but way too little to just live of that. If we want to be happy we have to change things that are either not good for us, or neutral whilst they could give happiness. Easier said then done though, i didn't do anything for a decade and that made things worse. Now ive reached out for help since i couldn't do it on my own.

On a less somber note, i like your YT channel, i see some racing content in the recent vids, what racing game on PlayStation (3, 4 or 5) is your favourite? I'm looking for a new race game.

Yeah, it's just family stuff that gets me down tbh. It's psychologically unhealthy for me, but nothing I can do about it for now. I hope you'll get the help you need too. 

Oh thank you! It's a hobby for me that distracts me from other things sometimes haha. I think it depends what kind of racing game you're considering, like you have arcade style, simulation, etc. I'd probably recommend Wreckfest if you want something that combines racing and demolition derby, or if you want something more realistic but not necessarily simulation, then any Grid game works (I love Grid 2 and 2019 especially). As for my favourites, I'm gonna say Grid 2, Wreckfest, Garfield Kart: Furious Racing (a bit of a niche choice but I like it), Gran Turismo 6 I liked a lot too. I'm also a fan of motorcycle racing games, so stuff like Ride or MotoGP is pretty good too. I'm sure there's plenty more I can recommend if I thought about it more haha 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maxine said:

Yeah, it's just family stuff that gets me down tbh. It's psychologically unhealthy for me, but nothing I can do about it for now. I hope you'll get the help you need too. 

Oh thank you! It's a hobby for me that distracts me from other things sometimes haha. I think it depends what kind of racing game you're considering, like you have arcade style, simulation, etc. I'd probably recommend Wreckfest if you want something that combines racing and demolition derby, or if you want something more realistic but not necessarily simulation, then any Grid game works (I love Grid 2 and 2019 especially). As for my favourites, I'm gonna say Grid 2, Wreckfest, Garfield Kart: Furious Racing (a bit of a niche choice but I like it), Gran Turismo 6 I liked a lot too. I'm also a fan of motorcycle racing games, so stuff like Ride or MotoGP is pretty good too. I'm sure there's plenty more I can recommend if I thought about it more haha 

I bought Wreckfest a week ago when it was on sale here, i'll be sure to check that one out first then!

I used to have a lot of family issues aswell. Everyone's demons are different ofc but it might help so a final tip, if sh*tty stuff happens, write it down. I had quite serious anxiety and it turned out a big part was just my mind trying to remember past incidents to avoid them in the future. By writing it down i kinda reassured my mind that i don't have to stress about stuff 1 million times, because i can always re-read it. It calmed me down a lot back then. I wish you the best as well, perhaps i'll crash into your car in wreck fest one day (knowing my skill it'll probably be the barrier instead tho 😂)

Really hope my bf can get another job soon after rage quitting a couple weeks ago. I really don't like the idea of having a functioning adult mooch off me. If he's not contributing financially I'm not sure I can support two people. Certainly not one who insists on spending his money on full price games while broke and I'm trying to budget to keep a roof over our heads. How is it fair that I'm basically being punished for working hard and getting a decent job while he just coasts through life on the backs of others? 

• Like 1

Can't wait for next year, looking forward to Nintendo Switch successor and the new wave of big budget Chinese games such as Black Myth: Wukong:

Along with Phantom Blade Zero, Wuchang: Fallen Feathers and Lost Soul Aside. Exciting 2024 for video games. 

Edited by MadMax707
Tidy up

On 10/23/2023 at 4:32 PM, Qjotr said:

I bought Wreckfest a week ago when it was on sale here, i'll be sure to check that one out first then!

I used to have a lot of family issues aswell. Everyone's demons are different ofc but it might help so a final tip, if sh*tty stuff happens, write it down. I had quite serious anxiety and it turned out a big part was just my mind trying to remember past incidents to avoid them in the future. By writing it down i kinda reassured my mind that i don't have to stress about stuff 1 million times, because i can always re-read it. It calmed me down a lot back then. I wish you the best as well, perhaps i'll crash into your car in wreck fest one day (knowing my skill it'll probably be the barrier instead tho 😂)

Honestly, writing stuff down is an idea I've been recommended by a few people over the years, but not really implemented it much aside from at one point, and it helps, I think it's just pushing yourself to making that effort to write things down. But yeah, I think I'm gonna try it more cos I'm happy to try anything if it helps, even a little. Thank you for the suggestion ^^

On 10/29/2023 at 5:59 PM, Nelson_ said:

Your not alone on that 😔

I'm sorry to hear that, it's definitely not an easy situation to deal with but I think it's comforting in a way knowing that others are in the same boat sometimes. Always happy to lend an ear if you need someone to talk to, but no pressure at all ^^

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 2

On 10/31/2023 at 11:55 PM, Maxine said:

Honestly, writing stuff down is an idea I've been recommended by a few people over the years, but not really implemented it much aside from at one point, and it helps, I think it's just pushing yourself to making that effort to write things down. But yeah, I think I'm gonna try it more cos I'm happy to try anything if it helps, even a little. Thank you for the suggestion ^^

I'm sorry to hear that, it's definitely not an easy situation to deal with but I think it's comforting in a way knowing that others are in the same boat sometimes. Always happy to lend an ear if you need someone to talk to, but no pressure at all ^^

Hope the writing down helps even if its just a little. (Also for the others who felt like this, hope we all make it!)

Edited by Stevieboy

Anger Force Reloaded 100% is so much tougher on Steam then playstation, good gawd the expert level end boss with 4 phases on 1st then 3 phases on his last from with no continues.

Throws table, must get better and not get hit. 🤯

AngerForce: Reloaded on Steam

Edited by Galactic Hyper Balls

• 3 weeks later...