Server is down??!!!

mhm_fazli

7 minutes ago, halvorls95 said:

Sadly it seems Ubisoft silently has updated their online services shutdown list with Far Cry 2 PS3 version as well.
https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/article/multiplayer-and-online-services-availability-in-ubisoft-games/000064576

There's a bunch of other games on that list that haven't been shut down, like Rayman Legends for example.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

There's a bunch of other games on that list that haven't been shut down, like Rayman Legends for example.

That list seems to be just a collection of games they just don't support anymore rather then an official shutdown list. All the Call of Juarez games are stil up, as are most of the Assassin's Creed ones. Still holding out hope for Far Cry 2.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Letenko22 said:

That list seems to be just a collection of games they just don't support anymore rather then an official shutdown list. All the Call of Juarez games are stil up, as are most of the Assassin's Creed ones. Still holding out hope for Far Cry 2.

Exactly. It's definitely not confirmation that FC2 has been shut down. There's still hope yet.

• Like 4

The shutdown list isn't wrong per se I think. It just seems to be a case of wrong wording. For example, R.U.S.E. is on this list but the multiplayer works fine (at least it did in 2019 when I played it, with shutdown date in 2017). However, the integration of Ubisoft Club or whatever it was called is indeed down. When you try to access it ingame it will fail. But in the case of R.U.S.E. that doesn't affect multiplayer in any way. So chances are, titles on that list just lack the Ubisoft Club integration which they still consider as: The game's online services (not multiplayer servers) are "shut down".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, woggly4 said:

The shutdown list isn't wrong per se I think. It just seems to be a case of wrong wording. For example, R.U.S.E. is on this list but the multiplayer works fine (at least it did in 2019 when I played it, with shutdown date in 2017). However, the integration of Ubisoft Club or whatever it was called is indeed down. When you try to access it ingame it will fail. But in the case of R.U.S.E. that doesn't affect multiplayer in any way. So chances are, titles on that list just lack the Ubisoft Club integration which they still consider as: The game's online services (not multiplayer servers) are "shut down".

Does it mean that Far Cry 2 can still be up? Maybe we should raid a support forum until they turn the far cry 2 on at least for a few months

5 minutes ago, Anton_games337 said:

Does it mean that Far Cry 2 can still be up? Maybe we should raid a support forum until they turn the far cry 2 on at least for a few months

Until Ubisoft officially announce the servers are toast for good, it should be assumed the Devs are still working on fixing the problem.

• Like 2

They will bring it back i am positive about this. The Xbox 360 servers are back but not the PS3 servers they probably forgot about it, or there was some sort of miscommunication. Also like others have stated, Watch Dogs PS3 is back online and Rayman Legends also Vita, PS4, PS3. I guess it's just a matter of time until they bring back Far Cry 2. And if they decide to shut it they will fix the online first than give a shutdown announcement of 3 months. This is what i can think of really. So i am also positive like you guys about this.

Edited by TazDevilz1986
  • Like 3

I have a respond that I wanna share here. I wanna know your guys opinions about this. They claim the servers have now been shut on the PS3.

Thanks for getting back to us.
Kindly note, the online multiplayer services for Far Cry 2 have now been shut down. 

> The offline features for the game remain available.
> In-game news and player statistics are no longer available. 
> You will no longer be able to earn Units by completing Challenges for the game. 
> If your saved game did not transfer when we moved from Uplay to Ubisoft Connect in 2020, all rewards will be automatically unlocked when you first start the game.
> Unlockable content (ULC) such as maps and skins can no longer be redeemed.
> On console, the ULC will continue to be available unless you reset your saved game files.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask us.

Ubi-Skullz

I have said some things back in terms that the Xbox version still works etc. And that they should inform the investigation team if they decide to shut it for good atleast make a announcement first for PS3 for 3 months like they did with the game “Just Sing”. Other than that there is not much I can do.

They have always announced games they are closing down so why not with this one. I still think they just don’t know the situation and I am probably talking to a not expierenced person from customer support again like always. I do get a lot of dumb answers though. In the past Far Cry 2 acted like this too, and it got also fixed by itself, or either people let Ubisoft know about it and they eventually fixed them. So let’s see, i am still having a bit hope here. Mainly because the Xbox version is still online. Unless someone can confirm that it got also closed on the Xbox version. 

On 22/03/2022 at 9:37 AM, DerHerzeleid said:

Wish they remake/remaster Far Cry 2 for current or at least last gen consoles. Lol
Used to play Far Cry 2 a lot on Xbox.

I’m wondering why they haven’t remade AC1, all those AC plats and the og has been left to rot 

• Like 3

Yeah it's basically a crap shoot on whether you will get someone who actually knows the intricacies of what's going on with Far Cry 2. With a game this old, it's almost a slim to none chance someone at the entry level support position will know what's actually going on.

This is up to the higher tier teams who actually do server side work, it's just a matter of priority and making the issue known to them. I think with enough noise it will happen but I'm sure they're probably prioritizing their blockbuster current-gen games at the moment.

• Like 3

With a quick google search, I was able to see that server closures were announced in March of 2021, for a projected closure date of May 2021.  I’m guessing that Ubisoft kept the Far Cry 2 server up past the projected closure date, but I believe that it is safe to write that it is now gone for good.  

4 minutes ago, jpmelville said:

With a quick google search, I was able to see that server closures were announced in March of 2021, for a projected closure date of May 2021.  I’m guessing that Ubisoft kept the Far Cry 2 server up past the projected closure date, but I believe that it is safe to write that it is now gone for good.  

I believe that announcement was for the PC version.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

The only version of Rayman Legends on that list is PC, which HAS been shut down AFAIK.

23 hours ago, halvorls95 said:

Sadly it seems Ubisoft silently has updated their online services shutdown list with Far Cry 2 PS3 version as well.
https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/article/multiplayer-and-online-services-availability-in-ubisoft-games/000064576

Similar to above, that list only shows Far Cry 2 PC as far as I can see. Where are you seeing PS3 for Far Cry 2??

EDIT: List has apparently been updated by Ubi which explains why people seem to be seeing different things.

Edited by RNumbers

7 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

The only version of Rayman Legends on that list is PC, which HAS been shut down AFAIK.

Similar to above, that list only shows Far Cry 2 PC as far as I can see. Where are you seeing PS3 for Far Cry 2??

Looks like they've amended/edited the list then. Although, they are still listing AC: Brotherhood, AC: Revelations, CoJ: Bound in Blood, and FC3 as having their online shut down on PS3, but I suspect they are just referring to the uPlay/Connect stuff for those titles, as those games still currently have functioning online co-op/MP.

If you look at the update date, it shows 8th April 2022 (although, it shows that same date as the creation date. classic Ubisoft with their errors).

It's good news for the servers of FC2 then, as it's even more confirmation they aren't supposed to be down.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

Looks like they've amended/edited the list then. Although, they are still listing AC: Brotherhood, AC: Revelations, CoJ: Bound in Blood, and FC3 as having their online shut down on PS3, but I suspect they are just referring to the uPlay/Connect stuff for those titles, as those games still currently have functioning online co-op/MP.

If you look at the update date, it shows 8th April 2022 (although, it shows that same date as the creation date. classic Ubisoft with their errors).

It's good news for the servers of FC2 then, as it's even more confirmation they aren't supposed to be down.

You are correct!

https://web.archive.org/web/20220407095457/https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/article/multiplayer-and-online-services-availability-in-ubisoft-games/000064576

• Like 1

On 4/7/2022 at 3:01 PM, halvorls95 said:

That being said i have done some work trying to bring a community-made online service to PS3 for Far Cry 2.

But some technical issues with how Far Cry 2 handles login is still left, and seems to be out of reach as we don't have the right decryption keys.

We have achieved this on the PC version, https://github.com/halvors/FC2MPPatcher.

No they didn't, what are you talking about??

3 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

It said April 6th 2 days ago. I feel it's going to show the update date as the date you are viewing it. 

For 2 days it showed "PC | Playstation 3 | Xbox 360" for Far Cry 2 on that list, seems they have changed it back.

I have a lot of technical information about this if anyone is interested, but i don't want to discuss it publicly here so if anyone want to have that discussion ping me at Discord.

I am available on this discord server: https://discord.me/fc2 (my discord nickname is halvors).

Also that the PC version is shut down is not exactly true, there is still ways to workaround that and login on PC.

But it did use the same authentication server as PS3, so could be they decided to shut that down and forgot it was also used for PS3.

4 hours ago, halvorls95 said:

For 2 days it showed "PC | Playstation 3 | Xbox 360" for Far Cry 2 on that list, seems they have changed it back

Let me explain this. This confusion in the Ubisoft's Online Service Article has nothing to do with end of support or Uplay, like some people thought. 

What happend here is a simple incompetence and stupidity on the part of Ubisoft Staff. 

3 days ago, I posted in Watch Dogs thread to confirm that those servers were back up and I also remembered them to fix the Far Cry 2 servers. Then a Ubisoft employee gave me an annoying answer that the servers had been shutdown. After that, I gave him a relentless answer that inclusive, washed my soul. And then, finally another Ubisoft employee replied to me stating that the servers were not shutdown and that they would edit the list to correct the misinformation.

Here's my comment and below the reply from Ubisoft: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/post/750762

So basically, this list was correct a few days ago, however some idiot edited it on April 6th to add a bunch of misinformation, only on April 8th they edited it again to partially correct it. Unfortunately, there are still some games wrongly added to that list but that are not important for this case, since the important thing here is Far Cry 2 and this has been corrected in the list. 

However, it is important that we continue to contact Ubisoft as much as possible in every way possible, so that there continues to be an active demand for this issue to be fixed. 

Please continue to contact them through their support site and twitter, the unconventional contacts mentioned by @woggly4 are also important. 

And also continue to post on this thread: Far Cry 2 multiplayer not working on PS3 | Ubisoft Discussion Forums

24 minutes ago, Wakayama_PT said:

Let me explain this. This confusion in the Ubisoft's Online Service Article has nothing to do with end of support or Uplay, like some people thought. 

What happend here is a simple incompetence and stupidity on the part of Ubisoft Staff. 

3 days ago, I posted in Watch Dogs thread to confirm that those servers were back up and I also remembered them to fix the Far Cry 2 servers. Then a Ubisoft employee gave me an annoying answer that the servers had been shutdown. After that, I gave him a relentless answer that inclusive, washed my soul. And then, finally another Ubisoft employee replied to me stating that the servers were not shutdown and that they would edit the list to correct the misinformation.

Here's my comment and below the reply from Ubisoft: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/post/750762

So basically, this list was correct a few days ago, however some idiot edited it on April 6th to add a bunch of misinformation, only on April 8th they edited it again to partially correct it. Unfortunately, there are still some games wrongly added to that list but that are not important for this case, since the important thing here is Far Cry 2 and this has been corrected in the list. 

However, it is important that we continue to contact Ubisoft as much as possible in every way possible, so that there continues to be an active demand for this issue to be fixed. 

Please continue to contact them through their support site and twitter, the unconventional contacts mentioned by @woggly4 are also important. 

And also continue to post on this thread: Far Cry 2 multiplayer not working on PS3 | Ubisoft Discussion Forums

It has been over a month now, both the authentication server and the lobby server is down, yet the lobby server remains available for PC (which is identical to that of PS3).

You guys should face it, Ubisoft will not fix this.
Usually what they do is to announce shutdown not because they intend to shut it down but so they don't need to fix it if it goes down by itself.

You should instead play on the PC version with the community online services, atleast that is my advice.

Edited by halvorls95