GTA V PS5 is $10 until June 14

I personally will pass. I bought the game on pc and honestly there’s not a huge difference from the PS4 version to pc except some texture quality and maybe a little raytracing and of course more fps. Just don’t see this being worth paying for myself, but hope everyone who is looking forward to it has fun! :) 

On 3/8/2022 at 4:12 AM, HusKy said:

Can anyone drop a store link here? I can't find it.

• The PS5 version of the GTA V, which includes the story mode and GTA Online, is available to preorder for just $9.99 — a 75 percent discount — and you’ll be able to pick up the game at that price until June 14th. As far as I can tell, you can only preorder it on the PS5’s PlayStation Store right now, and it might be buried. If it doesn’t appear right away, one way I found it was by clicking on the PS4 version of the game, then clicking the button with the three dots, selecting “View Product,” and selecting “Grand Theft Auto V (PlayStation 5).”

On 3/8/2022 at 5:56 AM, Kolm said:

I'm also trying to find this out. In my case I'm wondering if there's a free disc upgrade.

But checking the product information on the PS5, I don't see a word about a free upgrade. Usually if there's a free upgrade it's mentioned in the product information.
Sometimes it's not mentioned there so... still looking for more info.

So far there's no 'cross-buy' product item in the store where you see both the PS4 and PS5 logo on the image.

• If you already own GTA V, there isn’t an upgrade option to a next-gen edition. You’ll have to buy the next-gen version you want to play (or pick up the free GTA Online on PS5 while it’s at that discounted rate).

5 hours ago, HusKy said:

That's pretty much guaranteed at this point.

• If you already own GTA V, the trophies will auto-pop for the ones you have on the PS4 one time. At this time I am unsure if that means you can go PS5-PS4 but, I know that you can go PS4-PS5

57 minutes ago, nightowl_80 said:
  • If you already own GTA V, the trophies will auto-pop for the ones you have on the PS4 one time. At this time I am unsure if that means you can go PS5-PS4 but, I know that you can go PS4-PS5

While it is not confirmed, they have repeatedly said that you can use a one-time migration to go from PS4 to PS5 and that PS5 is separate from the PS4 version (you cannot play with PS4 players), thus I think it's pretty safe to say you will not see any PS5 to PS4.

With the way they described it, it sounds like they may end updates on PS4 in a year or two similar to what they did with PS3. Again, this is just speculation, but their messaging seems consistent.

Just pre-ordered the PS5 version only because it's 9.99€ and fuck man I miss playing this story again and I will happily unlock all the story trophies for the 3rd time, I love GTA stories too much, hope all the online trophies auto pop..

At this price I think it's more than fair, the game will have plenty of nice PS5 improvements, a new article on the Rockstar website was posted explaining everything with detail. In June the price will be 39.99€, I would never pay that because I already bought GTA V twice. I'm just praying for all the online trophies to auto pop, it was a fucking nightmare to 100% all the DLC including the DOOMSDAY HEIST. I had to redo all the online trophies on the PS4 version because character transfer was removed in 2017 so please Rockstar don't fuck me ??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HusKy said:

Can you link the source? Makes no sense to split PS4 and PS5 community like this.

It does make sense. the ps4 version cant handle the new speed certain vehicles can go due to faster texture streaming and loading times. otherwise there really would be no point to this rerelease.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nightowl_80 said:

If you already own GTA V, the trophies will auto-pop for the ones you have on the PS4 one time.

Will or can? Personally I don't want them to auto-pop. But I think (hope) they only auto-pop if you upload them to Social Club.

3 minutes ago, Solid-Fisch said:

I don't find the option for the full game for 9.99 in the store on my ps5. Where is it? I only found the free GTAO version for ps+ members. Bought it and no option to upgrade to full game either.

Go to any GTA V store listing, click the 3 dots "..." and select "Grand Theft Auto V (PlayStation 5)".

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HusKy said:

Go to any GTA V store listing, click the 3 dots "..." and select "Grand Theft Auto V (PlayStation 5)".

Found it. Thank you. I'm still surprised... the whole game for just 10 bucks?! Hard to say no then.... 

Edited by Solid-Fisch

On 9-3-2022 at 2:54 PM, nightowl_80 said:

• The PS5 version of the GTA V, which includes the story mode and GTA Online, is available to preorder for just $9.99 — a 75 percent discount — and you’ll be able to pick up the game at that price until June 14th. As far as I can tell, you can only preorder it on the PS5’s PlayStation Store right now, and it might be buried. If it doesn’t appear right away, one way I found it was by clicking on the PS4 version of the game, then clicking the button with the three dots, selecting “View Product,” and selecting “Grand Theft Auto V (PlayStation 5).”

• If you already own GTA V, there isn’t an upgrade option to a next-gen edition. You’ll have to buy the next-gen version you want to play (or pick up the free GTA Online on PS5 while it’s at that discounted rate).

Next time include the source you're copying from: https://www.theverge.com/2022/3/8/22967316/gta-v-ps5-xbox-series-x-s-next-gen-preload-preorder-cost

Now I just wonder where the verge has their info from because I still can't find info on it published by either Rockstar or Sony itself.
They might have gotten it through press mail of course or just assume it because nothing about a free upgrade was mentioned.

But even if they're assuming, they're probably right... something would've been told about it by now.

Since the 9.99 sale last 3 months I'll just wait until after release when everything about save transfers and bugs/problems becomes clear.

On 2022-03-09 at 3:51 PM, Stan Lee said:

Generates billions in revenue yearly yet they have to audacity to still charge for this "upgrade" to an 8.5 year old game. Nonsense. The developers have already been paid so that's no excuse here.

then don't buy it. They wouldn't do it if people wouldn't buy it.

• Like 1

On 2022-03-11 at 4:22 PM, Stan Lee said:

Pretty sure I very strongly implied that I had no interest in buying it but go off

my bad if I implied you were buying it. Just trying to say that it's because people are willing to buy it that they're doing it. 100% in the fans of consumers to dictate how they "sell" the PS5/next-gen version.

On 8.3.2022 at 11:52 AM, jossmilan7412 said:

At this price this is a steal, in fact, would be a crime not to grab it.

Are you a bot? 

How is paying 10 bucks for a 9 year old microtransaction-vehicle a steal? 

I'm probably gonna buy it to play with my friends but let's just be honest about what it actually is. Quite the opposite of a steal. R* are the ones who are stealing here lol

20 hours ago, Lordidude said:

Are you a bot? 

How is paying 10 bucks for a 9 year old microtransaction-vehicle a steal? 

I'm probably gonna buy it to play with my friends but let's just be honest about what it actually is. Quite the opposite of a steal. R* are the ones who are stealing here lol

Looks fair to me, how much would be fair for you? $1? The Last of Us is getting a remake in the future and is gonna be $70, that's a steal. Also, i already got the platinum trophy for this game on PS3 and i had a blast, i didn't spend a single dollar on microtransactions and the single player has more than enough material to be playing for more than 100 hrs, the same can be said about the online even if you don't buy anything, in fact, why would you spend money on it? You can get everything without spending money... 

But hey, that's just the opinion of a bot... If you think is "quite the opposite of a steal" and that R* is "stealing" you, just don't buy it or wait for an even deeper sale.

• Like 1