Trophy Thoughts?

snakebit10

Looks super easy, I agree.  I will get down the road.  Just finishing up MLB The Show 21 now, great game.

7 minutes ago, cckerberos said:

Looks pretty RNG-heavy.

Hitting an inside the park homerun sounds like it could be a pain, though I guess you could abuse the Polo Grounds.

Yes, definitely some RNG ones but most should come naturally.  For Inside the Park homer, you can just adjust sliders.  Same with 3 stolen bases in a game.

Platinum percentage should be even higher than ‘21.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Banana_Sausage47 said:

Looks like yet another easy MLB The Show Platinum. This one seems even easier than last years!

yeah it does, looks easy, not sure what the batting and pitching trophyies are i am sure they are easy as well

Ive platted every version since ‘18 when I started playing and this looks to be the easiest (and quickest) of all of them.  No grind trophies either like ‘20 where you have to reach Rank 100 or whatever it was.

Sony San Diego makes a great product so I’ll definitely be getting this at some point down the line.

• Like 2

Lame trophy list of you ask me. I guess sports games aren't like, actual GAMES, y'know?, and most people who play them probably won't even check the list on their system, but damn, you barely have to do anything. I have the '12 plat and it's among my rarest. Actually, The Bigs 2 IS my rarest, another baseball game.

I won't actually play this the way it's intended so there's really no need to buy it just to get a platinum. It'd be a waste of $70

1 hour ago, yowzagabowza said:

Lame trophy list of you ask me. I guess sports games aren't like, actual GAMES, y'know?, and most people who play them probably won't even check the list on their system, but damn, you barely have to do anything. I have the '12 plat and it's among my rarest. Actually, The Bigs 2 IS my rarest, another baseball game.

I won't actually play this the way it's intended so there's really no need to buy it just to get a platinum. It'd be a waste of $70

Not all sports games are EzPz plats. Fifa games are pretty rare plats, and rightfully so. 

Rivals trophies are a bish :D 

23 minutes ago, TomataEighty9 said:

Not all sports games are EzPz plats. Fifa games are pretty rare plats, and rightfully so. 

Rivals trophies are a bish :D 

Yes, a lot of sports game are quite rare plats.  NBA 2K, NHL, FIFA, Fight Night/UFC, even several MLB The Show under 1%.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ScubaSteve-258 said:

Sports games used to all be way too hard. But this list is kind of a joke. Even casual players are going to get this one without even realizing it.

I have to agree with this.

I rented Madden NFL 11 a few years back via GameFly because it was practically the ONLY Madden that didn't have online trophies. Everything else was unobtainable from the PS3 era and the PS4 games just looked like a mess to play.

Was never a fan of the NBA apart from when Michael Jordan played way back when in the 1990s. All of the NBA trophy lists apart from the Preludes are far too grindy and time consuming for my tastes anyway. Missed my chance on the Prelude games. Oh well.

Baseball is where it's at for me. I'm a baseball buff and I know history spanning from Babe Ruth to George Brett to Jose Altuve, star player for the Houston Astros. MLB the Show 18 felt just right. Easy enough for casuals to get into but just long enough for the more dedicated baseball fans to play.

I still have MLB the Show 20 which has a bunch of online trophies (card collecting) and it's basically a crapshoot whether I'm going to bother with MLB 21 and/or MLB 22.

This definitely looks like the easiest trophy list in the MLB the Show franchise. I'm not paying full price for this game, better to rent it from GameFly or wait a few months for a price drop.

• Like 1

Looks easy, indeed. Will be able to try it via Game Pass. Looking forward to playing it and the Cover image on here of Vlad Jr is a nice surprise. ??

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, JaneAusten69 said:

Haven't played a MLB the Show before.  Looking to maybe start with this one.  Are there any online trophies?  Those always kill me with sports games because by the time I get to them they become unobtainable for one reason or the other.

To my knowledge just Create a Diamond Dynasty team & Play a Co-op game, and usually MLB servers are good for 2-3+ years... I think only MLB 19 is nearing or recently shut down so there's plenty of time even if you want to wait for a sale, I just do these early season because the user base is way higher and I can have it beaten before Summer time.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BlueShadow17 said:

To my knowledge just Create a Diamond Dynasty team & Play a Co-op game, and usually MLB servers are good for 2-3+ years... I think only MLB 19 is nearing or recently shut down so there's plenty of time even if you want to wait for a sale, I just do these early season because the user base is way higher and I can have it beaten before Summer time.

Sounds good, thanks!

• Like 1