No Autopop (as of now)

1 hour ago, Gothozi said:

When Fall Guys became free to play there's like a big major change to the game unlike before. The Fall Guys currency system changed from Kudos to Show Bucks. Lack of quality cosmetics for those who want to play it for free. Now you have to spend money for skins, the Kudos system is worthless and here's quite the amount of bugs at launch. They only fixed like 2-4 bugs and somehow made it worse. Lack of updates, not communicating to the community and they removed like half of the games rounds. They mentioned in their post that they're going to continue how they are treating the rounds right now. Extending the season to make you play the same rounds over and over again which becomes stale.

The odds were already low since all this trophy bug/glitch crap begun, but now after reading the bold I only see zero chance of me starting the app again for anything beyond claiming my PS5 auto-pop, that's assuming they're ever gonna get to fixing them (you know, the trophies).

So given these present circumstances... Fall Guys didn't die, it was murdered.

Edited by Dry
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, ChecoMayor said:

Oh shit, they really dropped the ball on the game since Epic bought them.

Epic already owns Fortnite and Rocket League, plus Rumbleverse (as of submitting this reply) is just days away from shutdown after only a few months of existence, honestly who's to say Fall Guys isn't next to the chopping block?

• Like 1

On 2/22/2023 at 9:53 AM, Fanatixa1 said:

Go to your Epic account online. Select your account and go to a header called apps. There you can unlink PlayStation from your epic account. Then make a new Epic account and do the opposite (link Sony account) and you should be able to play on your new account. I did this a few days ago and it worked. 

Thank you for this. I'm considering doing this.

Just wanted to find out, do I need to start up the PS5 version first, so that all my stuff carries over from the PS4 version? Or can I just remove my PSN from the Epic account, create a new Epic account and then link the same PSN account back, and then start the PS5 version and start popping trophies as normal?

Will all my costumes, crown level, fame level, season pass and all the stuff I have occumulated on the PS4 version carry over to the PS5 version with no issues of creating a new Epic account? Or will I basically be starting from scratch as if I am a brand new player?

My concern is for the legendary items that I need to equip for the trophies. I am not going to spend a dime on Fall Guys and put any money into Epic's back pocket.

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Edited by DysectorZA

20 hours ago, Dry said:

Epic already owns Fortnite and Rocket League, plus Rumbleverse (as of submitting this reply) is just days away from shutdown after only a few months of existence, honestly who's to say Fall Guys isn't next to the chopping block?

oh. I don't think anyone would wager against it being next, the question is how much longer the lights will stay on.

It being on EGS means that player count cant be tracked for that portion, SteamDB does show it, and the numbers are pretty pathetic, but even then, compared to some other games that exist as a live-service F2P and still get "constant" updates and whatnot, it's actually not bad. No clue what the player count for Xbox & Switch is, and then PlayStation obviously has/had the boost from PS+, but again, no clue how many are still coming back.

I'd imagine the game still is and will continue to be profitable because there are some who don't get bored of the same gameplay loop sprinkled in with overpriced cosmetics and drip-fed rewards in terms of challenges & battle pass tiers.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, THJamie said:

That’s a shame, how come it doesn’t work with this version?

All versions use the same faulty trophy popping code that has been around since the F2P patch went live last summer so until the devs pull their thumbs out and actually fix the problem, auto-popping any trophies in the game will be impossible.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

11 minutes ago, iHassan19 said:

So is this confirmed? No autopop even on the future? I want to download PS5 version then and don't care about it !! 

Not confirmed that will never come. If you go to https://trello.com/b/mJEAmorl/fall-guys-public-issue-tracker you will find that it is under investigation. However, the have been investigating this for months, so a fix is unlikely.

• Like 2

On 2/24/2023 at 4:00 AM, OmegaRejectz said:

It being on EGS means that player count cant be tracked for that portion, SteamDB does show it, and the numbers are pretty pathetic

Fall Guys was delisted from Steam after Epic purchased Mediatonic, so the only people playing on Steam are those who already had the game prior to the acquisition. There can't be any more new Steam players.

Even with that in mind, as of this writing Fall Guys has about the same number of current players on Steam as Halo Infinite (2359 vs 2499), so it's still pulling a decent number of players. Or maybe that says something more about Halo Infinite :dunno:.

Edited by ZitMeatloaf
Typo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Squarevii87 said:

Since autopop is not happening can I start the game on ps5 and earn trophies the normal way or they are bugged too?

Not the same epic account. You will have to unlink your current account that you played PS4 version with from your PSN. Create new epic account and link. This is the only current way to earn trophies if you have previously got them done on PS4. New players to the PS5 version doesn’t have the same issue as returning players from PS4. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, mzr7 said:

So after it went F2P.

I tried out the EGS version and popped all but 3 easy ones. So question is if I load the PS5 version it should do the same right?

Techinically it should, but it won't cause it's broken. You can't autopop anything for the ps5 version. The only way of getting trophies on ps5 (apart from a few) is resetting your Epic Account and starting from the very scratch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Techinically it should, but it won't cause it's broken. You can't autopop anything for the ps5 version. The only way of getting trophies on ps5 (apart from a few) is resetting your Epic Account and starting from the very scratch.

Not only PS5 version. PS4 auto pop also broken from late summer 2022 I think

• Like 1

On 23/02/2023 at 4:47 PM, DysectorZA said:

Thank you for this. I'm considering doing this.

Just wanted to find out, do I need to start up the PS5 version first, so that all my stuff carries over from the PS4 version? Or can I just remove my PSN from the Epic account, create a new Epic account and then link the same PSN account back, and then start the PS5 version and start popping trophies as normal?

Will all my costumes, crown level, fame level, season pass and all the stuff I have occumulated on the PS4 version carry over to the PS5 version with no issues of creating a new Epic account? Or will I basically be starting from scratch as if I am a brand new player?

My concern is for the legendary items that I need to equip for the trophies. I am not going to spend a dime on Fall Guys and put any money into Epic's back pocket.

Sorry if this has been asked before.

As someone who recently got back just because the plat is ultra rare, I started from scratch with ps5 ver.
Got the plat for og Devolver ps+ release somewhere in season 3 (winter) and never touched that again, including not bothered to autopop ps4 Epic re-release.

Created an Epic games account, logged in for the first time and the game found my old datas, costumes, crowns and gave me a few rewards as welcome back to beans hell.

Then, I had to unlink this account and create another one to start from scratch (classic pink nude bean) and unlocking trophies. (remember your progression is tied to your Epic games account, not your ps id)

As far as I know, rare + legendary items (for costume customization) are locked behind the battle pass you have to pay to get (or grind for a very long time to get enough Show Bucks, you can only get 300 for free in one season, battle pass is 950)

Hope I have explained well... ☺️

• Like 3

11 hours ago, FinalFan said:

As someone who recently got back just because the plat is ultra rare, I started from scratch with ps5 ver.
Got the plat for og Devolver ps+ release somewhere in season 3 (winter) and never touched that again, including not bothered to autopop ps4 Epic re-release.

Created an Epic games account, logged in for the first time and the game found my old datas, costumes, crowns and gave me a few rewards as welcome back to beans hell.

Then, I had to unlink this account and create another one to start from scratch (classic pink nude bean) and unlocking trophies. (remember your progression is tied to your Epic games account, not your ps id)

As far as I know, rare + legendary items (for costume customization) are locked behind the battle pass you have to pay to get (or grind for a very long time to get enough Show Bucks, you can only get 300 for free in one season, battle pass is 950)

Hope I have explained well... 263a.png

Well you can get a free legendary item set and thats the Golden Witch skin. In which you have to get 444 crowns. So that means you have to grind alot for a very long time. 

• Like 2

On 2/27/2023 at 1:15 PM, Phantom_Maveth said:

Not confirmed that will never come. If you go to https://trello.com/b/mJEAmorl/fall-guys-public-issue-tracker you will find that it is under investigation. However, the have been investigating this for months, so a fix is unlikely.

If they aren't actually doing to do anything about the autopop trophy fix because apparently music cutting out early on the qualifications screen is more of a priority, they just as well not have it on their board.