How did you guys started with trophy hunting?

Slifer1945

• 2 weeks later...

I used to achievement hunt on Xbox up until I was around 19 when my brother gave me his old PS3 as he was upgrading to a better one. I didn't have many games to start off with on PS3 but I wanted to get as many trophies as possible on the games my brother provided me with. I soon found trophy hunting was more satisfying than achievement hunting as you'd get a platinum for getting all the trophies and it just looks nicer. I haven't looked back since. ?

5 hours ago, Lucibur said:

I used to achievement hunt on Xbox up until I was around 19 when my brother gave me his old PS3 as he was upgrading to a better one. I didn't have many games to start off with on PS3 but I wanted to get as many trophies as possible on the games my brother provided me with. I soon found trophy hunting was more satisfying than achievement hunting as you'd get a platinum for getting all the trophies and it just looks nicer. I haven't looked back since. 1f60d.png

nice i started trophy hunting a year ago and i managed to get 12 platinum trophies and i got collected 2150 trophies in total  i just expended ps plus for another year i going to stop buying games now i dont need games anymore just one i have asked for my birtday that is within two weeks in july elden ring i have asked for that game 

Short answer: Peggle.

Long answer:

I always had an interest in challenging myself in games. I did things like beating Ninja Gaiden on Xbox on the hardest difficulty. For fun.

Around 2012-2015 I mostly played on Steam, due to it having Football Manager. I put hundreds of hours into those. Got a few thousand achievements from hundreds of other games. I also put 100+ hours each into Peggle and Peggle Nights. It was my nightly relaxant, trying to beat their respective adventure modes without losing a single life, how few balls could I lose overall. My high scores were ridiculous. Hundreds of attempts.

So when I got a PS4 my first game was Peggle 2, and naturally I had to 100% it. That opened the floodgates. I abandoned my hundreds of unplayed Steam games, my Football Manager saves, my Peggle obsession, and replaced them with trophies.

2 hours ago, sword-blaster45 said:

nice i started trophy hunting a year ago and i managed to get 12 platinum trophies and i got collected 2150 trophies in total  i just expended ps plus for another year i going to stop buying games now i dont need games anymore just one i have asked for my birtday that is within two weeks in july elden ring i have asked for that game 

Nice one. I keep buying games that I haven't gotten around to for the platinum yet, I know the feeling. Ah, you're a July baby also? Awesome! 

14 hours ago, Lucibur said:

Nice one. I keep buying games that I haven't gotten around to for the platinum yet, I know the feeling. Ah, you're a July baby also? Awesome! 

yea i buy games also but i am not that good in the games for example i try on the highest difficultie and result i die like 20 times on uncharted that is why i play on easy and safe because normal difficultie in some games like persona 5 is very difficult to do but safe is the easiest and for every game i want to platinum do i need to collect all the trophies from that game because i want to do coop and multiplayer also but i play mostly ofline but i really want to do multiplayer and coop for the trophies 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sword-blaster45 said:

yea i buy games also but i am not that good in the games for example i try on the highest difficultie and result i die like 20 times on uncharted that is why i play on easy and safe because normal difficultie in some games like persona 5 is very difficult to do but safe is the easiest and for every game i want to platinum do i need to collect all the trophies from that game because i want to do coop and multiplayer also but i play mostly ofline but i really want to do multiplayer and coop for the trophies 

I'm the same tbh. Single player games are easier to platinum when you don't have to rely on co-op or online modes for the platinum.

I didn't think anything about them for many years until Sleeping Dogs came out. I love Hong Kong and just went for it. Still I only platinum games that I really want to re play so I have many games on the brink of platinum. Next will be both PS4 and PS5 Sniper elite 5 games because I love this series.

Edited by Z1MZUM

I started going 100% for GTA 3 in 2001, then it was the turn of Vice City and so on.. but the trophy system never clicked on me until I got my hands on a PS4. I went from ps2 to xbox because all my friends got a 360 instead of a ps3, and the achievement never bored me too much apart the "oh look I have 3000 gs". 

When I bought my PS4 I noticed them and soon enough i was engulfed ?

• 1 year later...

I started playing killzone 3 MP and by playing naturally, i noticed that i was almost going for the platinum just by looking at the trophy list, but there was this trophy of killing someone with a jetpack mid air, something i, for some reason didnt complete, so i joined a map i remember having jetpacks, and then waiting for people to come, and then got the trophy and got the platinum, but yeah, i guess the first time you do that it feels great, to do the challenges developers/companies consider to be part of their game, by themselves to their audience.

I always tried to get the most out of my games pretty much since the PS1 days. I started trophy hunting with Uncharted back in ‘08, but before that game got patched with trophies I’ve already done the in-game achievements (which later became the trophies). And that is as they say is that.

• Like 1

Being honest if it wouldn't be because the marvelous ps3 chime every time a trophy popped up I would had never enjoyed the hunting, now it is just trying to get a little more platinums, but it feels a little shallow without the fanfare.

I used to be big into achievement hunting when i used to play wow. I like to complete challenges in games and gives me motivation if i have goals when playing . I only started on ps last april but was instantly addictive to start getting trophies.

I've been into achievements on Xbox since the mid-to-late 2000s and then PS3 as well, and then PS4 and started my account in 2016 and I earned my first ever platinum trophy back in March 2016, being Life Is Strange, and that really accelerated my interest in trophy hunting, so I just continued since then and 8 years later, I'm still here doing something I love and enjoy. 

Long story but here goes..

I bought a used PS3 off Craigslist 6 years ago with the sole intention of playing Skyrim. I had little interest or knowledge in anything else, but I had seen my brothers playing Skyrim several years prior and remembered how cool the atmosphere and music and everything was.

Fast forward a few months later and I’d beaten Skyrim and started exploring some other RPG games of a similar nature. I’d been gaming now for several months and trophies had been popping all along, but I never really paid attention to them or even wondered what they were lol. Looking back now, it’s weird to remember how I’d see them popping up on the screen and hardly even give it a second thought.

Then one day in February 2018 I was playing Demon’s Souls. Every time I loaded up the game, there was a message from FromSoftware stating that the servers were going down at the end of that month, and I would just ignore it and close it. Until one day I randomly went to browse the Demon’s Souls sub on Reddit. I couldn’t help but notice that quite a lot of people on that sub were talking about their frustrated efforts to “get a pure bladestone” and “get the platinum” before the servers went offline.

This was the first time I heard of the concept of an “unobtainable game” as per the trophy lingo, or realized this prize everyone seemed to covet would not be around forever. It had a kind of rare quality to it, and people wanted it. I have no idea why really, but this whole concept intrigued me. I didn’t know dick about trophies, nor did I really care at that time. But suddenly I found myself wondering “what if one day I DO care and find I can no longer get that platinum because the servers are off? What if regret not taking the chance to get it while I can?”

I began looking at the trophies of the game and realizing they were kind of like in-game challenges and awards tied to specific feats. I already had a handful unlocked naturally just from playing through the game, so I decided what the heck, I’ll see if I can collect them all before the end of the month. I had absolutely no idea at the time that this decision was about to kickstart a hobby that would dominate my free time for many years to come.

Demon’s Souls is a relatively difficult and complicated platinum, and through my journey of hunting some of the more difficult ones I discovered there were trophy guides and sites like PSNP entirely dedicated to trophies. I could tell from people’s discussions and reactions on PSNP and Reddit that there was a kind of prestige assigned to these platinum trophies, that other players admired and respected people who had them and that there was a large, hidden community out there of people who undertook these challenges in every single game they played. My interest grew exponentially.

But what really sealed the deal was earning the platinum. I remember popping the platinum for that game after a few weeks and it was an awesome feeling. It wasn’t just beating the game and moving on, but going above & beyond to do all those extra challenges and limitations included by the developers, and getting a nice shiny trophy for the effort. Doing stuff I normally would never have attempted. Seeking help and finding advice and tips from other players who were very passionate about completing these challenges and earning the rewards. 

It opened up an entirely new world to me, and a trophy hunter was born that day. I’ve been gaming and popping trophies like a madman ever since, and I can’t see myself willingly stopping any time soon. It had brought me a lot of enjoyment, helped me escape the drudgery of adult life, and I’ve met some really cool people along the way too as a nice bonus.

• Like 2