Gaming By Numbers 2022 (Event Ended)

0 - Roll The Cat [PS5/NA] (17360) :platinum:

1 - Call of the Sea [PS5] (12891) :platinum:

2 - Ape Escape [PS5] (16432) :platinum:

3 - Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars (14443) :platinum:

4 - Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (8864)

5 - Lost Ember (9845) :platinum:

6 - Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch [PS3] (1806)

7 - Coffee Talk (10267) :platinum:

8 - NieR Replicant ver. 1.22474487139... (12768) :platinum:

9 - LEGO Harry Potter Collection: Years 1-4 [PS4] (5449) :platinum:

I don't think I'll be able to finish my last two games this month as I'm obsessed with Voice of Cards so going to be continuing that series first. Here's me hoping the Beasts of Burden trophy list URL ends with a 4 or a 6. ?

• Like 4

0 - Up (PS3) [110]

1 - The Last Campfire (PS4) [11341]

3 - Astro's Playroom (PS5) [11753]

8 - Need for Speed Heat (PS4) [9908]

The Last Campfire made my weekend. It's a wonderful puzzle game to relax & play. Only needed to look up a solution for two puzzles. 

Well, I started out strong with three games in the first week, then got stuck. I'll dig around my backlog & see what else I can finish. 

Maneater has a collectible glitch in the last area. Plus, I am laughably unprepared for Scaly Pete, as I never bothered with the bone armor. The grind for completion is too much for me to get done in time for this event. 

My Aunt is a Witch is, in a word, slow. I mean the text can't be rushed through typing or the game will crash. & for whatever reason, my Japanese Vita refused to read the cartridge. So I used my NA Vita (which has terrible analog drift). Bad idea for what I came to learn is a point & click VN hybrid. 

Muv-Luv, I just haven't been reading, right now. Doubt I can finish the story in time though. 

Summon Night 6 I'm struggling to find S rank guides to help with my last battles without getting frustrated (the final boss one can take a half hour alone).

Asdivine Hearts I'm currently playing, it might make my final completion list. 

• Like 3

Penultimate update...

0 - The Wild at Heart [14660]

1 - Stray (PS5) [17011]

2 -

3 - Kena: Bridge of Spirits (PS5) [14033]

4 - Tails of Iron (PS5) [13804]

5 - Fe [7255]

6 - Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA (PS4) (EU) [6646]

7 - Coffee Talk [10267]

8 - Bubsy: Paws on Fire [8958]

9 - Atelier Sophie 2: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Dream [15519]

Probably the easiest recommendation on this list, outside of the cat game. Falls a bit short in the gameplay department, but it has more than enough charm to make up for that.

• Like 4

(0) 17360 - Roll the Cat 

(1) 16771 - Sonic Origins 

(2) 14592 - A Pretty Odd Bunny 

(3) 16773 - Fall Guys 

(4) 16934 - Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series 

(5)

(6) 14086 - Nickelodeon All Star Brawl 

(7) 16957 - Rayland 

(8) 14708 - Death's Door 

(9)

Initially I gave up on this event since I thought I ran out of time to finish Klonoa, but then I reread the front page and realized I still had another month. Thank god I finished this because honestly I hated it. It was boring, unfair, you could barely see where you were going or if you would be able to grab something or not. I am happy to delete this one off my console and never look back. I wish I bought it on sale but at least it was two games in one.

Edited by Vulpine9Tails
  • Like 2

Just a friendly reminder, in case you're too used to some of the previous iterations of Gaming by Numbers.

We reached the last month of this year's event, a little more than three weeks left to get to your desired goal!

Doing pretty well on the total number of badges, rocking close to 50% of participants having some form of badge at this point, with many people not too far away. I'm afraid that I won't help with improving those stats because damn, my games turned out to be a bit of a slog. Add middling motivation for a bad mix, but oh well :P

• Like 4

0: Shadow of the Colossus PS4 Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection
1: Stray PS5
2: Donut County PS4 NA
3: Kena Bridge of Spirits PS5
4: Mirror's Edge Catalyst
5: FF VII Remastered (not Remake)
6: FF VIII Remastered
7: The Last Guardian Uncharted 2 Remastered
8: Scarlet Nexus PS5 Uncharted 1 Remastered
9: FF IX Remastered Uncharted 3 Remastered

It's been a while since I updated the thread, and wanted to wait until completing the Uncharted remaster gauntlet! I must say that I forgot how much I loved these games, especially their stories. Part of the reason I changed my plan for this event to include them was to freshly compare them to Ratchet & Clank, which I used for a bulk of my progress in last year's event. While I had never played R&C prior to last year (apart from a demo and bits at a friend's house ages ago), it became my favorite series over Uncharted. This year, I was reminded of the fondness I had developed for the Uncharted series, and maintain its current #2 status behind R&C as a whole package in my personal ranking of game franchises. The visual fidelity of the Uncharted games in their remastered forms, ESPECIALLY the LoT collection on PS5, was something to behold. My love for this series is far too long winded to put here, but I digress. I now proceed to finish my badge with my first endeavor into the Final Fantasy series, which will eventually carry into a massive Kingdom Hearts playthrough. Needless to say, I am relatively booked for the upcoming future!

• Like 3

Completed Rocket Arena. This is one of those games that should have just stayed in the backlog. All you do is grind for 30 hours till you get the platinum. Worse of all, it isn't even a fun grind, the bots will destroy you. At the end of the day, it's another hero multiplayer game, you will see the entire game in the first few hours of gameplay.

0 - Shadow of the Colossus (PS4) :platinum: (7210)

1 - 

2 - Jumanji :platinum: (9922)

3 - Lumo :platinum: (4803)

4 - Cars Race-O-Rama :platinum: (194)

5 - 

6 - 

7 - Rocket Arena :platinum: (11047)

8 -

9 - Gabbuchi (EU) :gold: (9579)

• Like 3

On 9/5/2022 at 5:29 PM, Jens said:

Just a friendly reminder, in case you're too used to some of the previous iterations of Gaming by Numbers.

We reached the last month of this year's event, a little more than three weeks left to get to your desired goal!

Welp, better break out the Legend of Mana. I should be able to get that done in two weeks. :D (That's my only game left.)

Hoping to sync my trophies in the next week or so but here is the updated list.

0 - The Last of Us Part 2 :platinum: + 100%

1 - Soma (Pending)

2 - The Witcher 3 Complete Edition (Pending, also will be my plat 100)

3 - Dark Souls 2 PS4 :platinum:

4 - Until Dawn (Just starting)

5 - Cat Quest :platinum:

6 - Resident Evil 0

7 - The Last Guardian :platinum:

8 - Lawn Mowing Simulator :platinum:

9 - Horizon: Zero Dawn :platinum: + 100%

Be a busy month if I want to finish off TW3.  Wish me luck!

• Like 2

(0) 17360 - Roll the Cat 

(1) 16771 - Sonic Origins 

(2) 14592 - A Pretty Odd Bunny 

(3) 16773 - Fall Guys 

(4) 16934 - Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series 

(5)

(6) 14086 - Nickelodeon All Star Brawl 

(7) 16957 - Rayland 

(8) 14708 - Death's Door 

(9) 17269 - What Remains of Edith Fitch

So they finally made it so that if you have the PS+ version of Edith Fitch then you could get the free upgrade. It's an interesting game and even though I promised myself no more walking sims, I make an exception for this one as it's got kind of a Final Destination-esque thing going on that I dig. Now to see if I can finish Pac-man before the end of the month or find another short (but somewhat respectable) #5.

• Like 3

Unfortunately, Wild Arms is on the docket as I promised the Difficulty Challenge I would start it today, but I can't play Wild Arms and Legend of Mana at the same time due to them both being on the PS4 and I can't play two PS4 games at the same time, even if one is on the PS5. :(

EDIT: Wild ARMS is done, so I should be able to start Legend of Mana after I get my required sleep, it's way past bedtime. ?

Edited by Taruta13

So... sometimes I forget just how little free time I have with my job. Whoops. Spent a ton of time getting some shutdown stuff complete, and now there's not a lot of time left for this event! I'll have to do mostly easy stuff, but I mean, I did at least get one ultra rare, so I'll be happy with that. At least I'll clear out some backlog while I'm at it! I'd feel bad, but that's also why I got these quicker games in the first place, to help clear out events last minute.

0 -

1 - Killzone: Mercenary (2111)

2 -

3 - 

4 - CSI: Fatal Conspiracy (584)

5 - 

6 -

7 - 

8 -

9 -

Killzone: Mercenary was the shutdown I worked so hard on. It's definitely one of the best Vita games I've played, but man, the grind at the end was just brutal. I have no idea how it stacks up against the other Killzones: I've only played Shadow Fall and the story for that wasn't particularly amazing either. The gameplay was solid though, definitely a good portable FPS.  I'd recommend it, but you can't do it anymore, so...

CSI: Fatal Conspiracy meanwhile was a game I had actually wanted to play for a long time. I love those older movie/show games, where the developers had to try and come up with something interesting that fits the theme of the movie or show. And y'know, this one wasn't too bad! It was made by Telltale back in their very early days, which explains the quality. There's actually decent puzzles here, and unlike many other movie or show games, this one actually got all the original actors too. I've played a lot better, but I've DEFINITELY played a lot worse.

Hopefully I'll get all this done by the end of the month. Work's just been swamping me lately. But good luck to everyone else, and congrats to those who have made it this far!

• Like 4

Haven't updated once since I entered the event, so here's what I've got so far:

0 - 

1 - Stray (PS5) :platinum: 

2 - TOEM :platinum: 

3 - Lost Words/Last Day of June

4 - I am Dead (PS5)

5 - I am Dead (PS4)

6 - Telling Lies :platinum: 

7 - the Artful Escape (PS4)

8 - Last Stop (PS5) :platinum: 

9 - Arkedo Series 3

I'm pretty sure that I can complete the ones that are on my list right now until the end of the event, so I should at least get the badge. My only issue is that I just can't find a game for the 0. I guess I'll have a look through the spreadsheet to get some inspiration. (:

• Like 2

A stack of a game I really liked. Had both versions, decided to finish up the second one.

0 - Fantasy Strike [9420] :platinum:

1 - Yumeutstutsu Re:Master (AS Physical) [12401] :platinum:

2 - Nexoria: Dungeon Rogue Heroes (NA PS4) [14042] :platinum:

3 - Adam's Venture: Origins [4503] :platinum:

4 - Cinders (NA) [11354] :platinum:

5 - Steam Tactics (NA Vita) [11205] :platinum:

6 - fault - milestone one [10866] 1f4af.png

• Like 3

Halfway thru now. Made a stretch goal for myself of getting 10 UR plats for this event. Finally got to 5 completed. Operation Warcade was UR when I earned, not going to sweat that too much.  Filled in some likely candidates for the remaining 5 games. Would not mind some suggestions, as I am not exactly psyched for the remaining options.

0 - Fallen Legion: Flames of Rebellion [6530]

1 - Thumper [5411]

2 - Oddworld: New N Tasty/Zombi

3 - Operation Warcade [7493]

4 - Sonic Forces [6774]

5 - Tumble VR/Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition

6 - Lone Survivor

7 - Littlebigplanet 3

8 - Rez Infinite [5388]

9 - Lords of the Fallen

• Like 2

0: Shadow of the Colossus PS4 Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection
1: Stray PS5
2: Donut County PS4 NA
3: Kena Bridge of Spirits PS5
4: Mirror's Edge Catalyst
5: FF VII Remastered (not Remake)
6: FF VIII Remastered
7: The Last Guardian Uncharted 2 Remastered
8: Scarlet Nexus PS5 Uncharted 1 Remastered
9: FF IX Remastered Uncharted 3 Remastered

I have completed my 9th game for the event, and first ever entry in the Final Fantasy series in FFVII, and... wow!!! I now understand why the game is still so kindly regarded 25 years later. They were able to achieve a lot given the technical capabilities of the day, and it still holds up to this day. The characters are so charming, the story was excellent (except why did you offer zero closure at the end its one of my only gripes), and the combat system was complex but enjoyable once I had that lightbulb moment and figured it out. After years of intimidation, I am elated I enjoyed this game so much. So many twists and turns kept me interested throughout my frustrations of reading a walkthrough (oh the days of strategy guide games haha). On to FFVIII, my final game for the event!

• Like 1