The all new PlayStation Stars loyalty program (Stars are not NFTs)

The_Kopite

This is a disappointing month for Stars.

Monthly Fight Cabinet is glitched, and instead of giving me the folding@home campaign that I would have liked to have gotten (despite me having used it a decent amount back in the day on my PS3) it gives me the campaigns related to things I'm not even interested in (Elden Rings, Sports, and Destiny 2).

Hopefully next month is better.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

What makes it funny is to get those coins from Sony you have to have an active PS Plus subscription, some of which are tied to Extra! To get the other coins you have to buy things. 

You don’t need a PS+ membership for all of them. Eg I got $5 worth from doing the GoW Ragnarok campaign (launching any game) and I don’t have PS+.

On 2/17/2023 at 10:22 AM, Jacko_the_lad said:

Do they still sell avatars on the store? I've not seen any for years, apart from the ones that sometimes come with game purchases.

The PS4 store does. But the Webstore and PS5 don't anymore...there's not even a subsection for them anymore. 

On 18/02/2023 at 10:13 AM, OmegaRejectz said:

You don’t need a PS+ membership for all of them. Eg I got $5 worth from doing the GoW Ragnarok campaign (launching any game) and I don’t have PS+.

Was that not a glitch from a campaign that required pre ordering it?

Edited by GUDGER666

14 hours ago, Viper said:

The PS4 store does. But the Webstore and PS5 don't anymore...there's not even a subsection for them anymore. 

I hate the new webstore. What's the point in not allowing to get avatars, themes, and apps? Also every single piece of purchased/redeemed DLC tells you to "Download from Library" BUT THE WEB LIBRARY ONLY HAS BASE GAMES/DEMOS/APPS.

I don't get why they put in effort to entice people to play the newly added game to their paid subscription service. 

Is there a large portion of the PS Stars userbase who have the Extra/Premium tier subscription, but haven't played the game, and somehow this digital knickknack will push them over the edge?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Dang it's not showing on mine yet

Sorry for misleading you. It popped up in Europe later than usual (collectibles usually update at 00:00 GMT but this one only showed up in the morning) so I thought it was a worldwide release thing.

It's probably tied to the availability of the game itself across the different stores.

Give it a few hours.

3 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Sorry for misleading you. It popped up in Europe later than usual (collectibles usually update at 00:00 GMT but this one only showed up in the morning) so I thought it was a worldwide release thing.

It's probably tied to the availability of the game itself across the different stores.

Give it a few hours.

North America drops at 1:00 pm Eastern Time. As of this writing it is 8:40 am here.

On 2023-02-21 at 7:40 AM, LastMinuteSavior said:

The Forbidden West collectible is now available on the PS app.

shklkhtvhfia1.jpg

All 6 trophies are required to unlock it.

It's actually a pretty neat render. Sucks that anyone who already got the trophies won't be eligible to get it.

How long does it take to complete these trophies, staring from scratch?

2 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

How long does it take to complete these trophies, staring from scratch?

I would probably devote a good 6-8 hour play session to earning all 6 trophies from the beginning.

"Save the Daunt" is a four-part mission in and of itself. So, it'll take a little while. 

But all 6 trophies are common trophies except for one, so it shouldn't cause you too much trouble.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Toxik_Angel187 said:

I would probably devote a good 6-8 hour play session to earning all 6 trophies from the beginning.

"Save the Daunt" is a four-part mission in and of itself. So, it'll take a little while. 

But all 6 trophies are common trophies except for one, so it shouldn't cause you too much trouble.

Thanks for the info. I wasn’t really planning to start this game yet, but I wouldn’t mind nabbing the collectible. I know I won’t have 30 hours available before the time expires, but 6-8 should be doable.

There is a topic on Reddit about the March 2023 Hard Game Club challenge featuring Shadow of the Colossus PS4 version, where you should only need to defeat the 5th boss to get the challenge to be listed in the PS app.

Looks to be as obscure as last years Returnal challenge from November.

Edited by Geridian
Text

Never got that Horizon one...because fuck me for playing it day 1 and buying it physically, I guess. 

Anyways, Fight of the Month (loaded up Street Fighter V) and simply playing a game have unlocked for me for March without any of last months issues.

• Like 1