Suggestion: Allow hiding of spam games

27 minutes ago, amurnin100 said:

@Richtoon hope this helps :)

Thanks!

yes please make this happen! I was one of them trophy hunters who loves play all easy junk games but now I’m feeling overwhelming with new fast platinum games spamming everyday and I have stopped buying them since 1st August.

Now I’m getting sick of them and moved to side with gamers who are against to them easy platinum garbages! 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, craig_obviously said:

70+ platinums a week..?!? Shit really has gone off the rails.. congratulations Sony you have made the platinum worthless… glad I disabled the leaderboards here

Kind of crazy that I could essentially double my platinum account in a week if I wanted to

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HusKy said:

This means, you can get roughly 70 new platinums every week without any effort.

Definitely playing games for fun, not an addiction to climbing the LB, these are games just like any other

It's really cool that you put that together though, thanks for continuing to make this site a better and more transparent place

Edited by Deadly_Ha_Ha
  • Like 2

Just delete the level based leaderboard. It would help the addicts stop mass buy these game as they wouldn't have to "rank up" anymore and if barely anyone had the need to buy this crap they would soon stop releasing the games paid trophies too. Can leave fastest completion and first achiever leaderboards for the people interested in them.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 05/08/2022 at 7:40 PM, lcrystal__ said:

Hi y'all,
Just would like to share that I have been working with the team here (specially Dreggit, thanks for our 160+ messages exchanged, 54 pages word document of updates lmao) and IGDB for a bit over a year, trying to add/ correct all the metadata on Playstation games. It has been an herculean job, which I gladly do, but for actual games not cash grabs.  I personally have no desire to work on Jumping Food / Animal Letter / Bible Games, but anyone can contribute to IGDB. *wink wink*

I still endeavour to add all Rata and EastAsia titles, though.  And, please, lend me your strengh to face Arcade Archives.... 

Partial victory!

It's not all that I asked for but damn is it a nice thing to have. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/10/2022 at 1:29 PM, Sinthoras_96 said:

I just noticed this new button. 

Can someone explain, how exactly it works? Does it only affect the games section or also leaderboards and userprofiles? 

For now, one can only enjoy that feature on the Game List page, unfortunately.

But I'm sure it will also be included on profile pages in the future :) 

Edited by bosstristan

10 hours ago, bosstristan said:

Dude, just stop already. The other threads already ran their course.

Your not-so-subtle attempt to bait an argument really isn't appropriate here.

7 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Dude, just stop already. The other threads already ran their course.

Your not-so-subtle attempt to bait an argument really isn't appropriate here.

?

I was answering the above post's question.

It's getting quite annoying that you, among a couple of other people, are constantly trying to shut down any conversation because you don't like it.

Edited by bosstristan
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, bosstristan said:

?

I was answering the above post's question.

It's getting quite annoying that you, among a couple of other people, are constantly trying to shut down any conversation because you don't like it.

No, what's really annoying is you keep trying to push your agenda.  The conversation was had, and was ended for the time being - you just don't like that it didn't go your way.

This was answering the question 

On 10/28/2022 at 11:57 AM, bosstristan said:

This is baiting the argument from the previous thread that got locked because you just dont stop dude.

On 10/28/2022 at 11:57 AM, bosstristan said:

You're going to keep going until you start getting warning points.  That's all I'm going to say at this point.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, thebobuxman2005 said:

I have a few easy platinums and I can agree there should be an option to hide easy platinums it's fine to have a few but when your entire account consists of easy games is when we got a problem I play games to enjoy them but people on here seem to only play games for the leaderboard you got people that buy those one dollar games on every region and platinum the game several times just to get high on the leaderboard I find that funny not gonna lie

Genuine question: what benefit would it grant you if you could hide other people’s “easy platinums,” whatever your definition of that may be? What does that gain you?

16 hours ago, Ashande said:

Genuine question: what benefit would it grant you if you could hide other people’s “easy platinums,” whatever your definition of that may be? What does that gain you?

It would help looking for actual games, and readjust stats accordingly.