Killer Klowns from Outer Space: The Game – Official Reveal Trailer | PS5 & PS4 Games

xl-Kyo-lx

Plan your own alien invasion and harvest humans as the iconic Killer Klowns, or gather a team of survivors to fight the extraterrestrial threat, in a game based on the ‘80s cult classic movie. Welcome to a new, craazzy take on the asymmetrical multiplayer horror experience!

Killer Klowns from Outer Space: The Game launches in early 2023 on PlayStation®5 and PlayStation®4.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I'll probably get this game out of pure nostalgia and let it decorate my horror MMO shelf lol

Same. Gotta say out of all horror franchises, did not expect this one to be announced but it’s good to see the cult classic get a resurgence. Killer Klowns is also returning to Halloween Horror Nights and had a short film/teaser made for it.

24 minutes ago, ChecoMayor said:

it will be another 4 players vs 1 big monster

right?

too bad, I had hopes

7 vs 3 but yea same concept

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dark_Overlord said:

Was really interested until it hit the 56sec mark, now I couldn't care less.  Shame really :/

My thoughts exactly. Growing up, Killer Klowns was one of my favorite movies, but I have zero interest in these multiplayer games.

Honestly, if this can be boosted/played with friends I am all in. Killer Clowns, unlike F13 and Predator does NOT take itself seriously. Far less disappointing for this to potentially be a clunky silly MP game than those other horror franchises.

• Like 2

These games aren't for everyone (Friday the 13th, Predator Hunting Grounds, Dead by Daylight, Evil Dead the game) but they are most enjoyable with a few drinks and your buddies. I didn't see this one coming but it's going to be a good year. I keep seeing some of the same profiles commenting on these types of games that I love so we should "party" up.  We have the upcoming Ghostbusters Spirit Unleashed, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Devil in Me & now Killer Klowns from Outer Space. I'm pretty stoked! This one could be very gory and sounds like we only get 3 clowns to start with but they will be adding more down the road. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, trojbrown40 said:

These games aren't for everyone (Friday the 13th, Predator Hunting Grounds, Dead by Daylight, Evil Dead the game) but they are most enjoyable with a few drinks and your buddies. I didn't see this one coming but it's going to be a good year. I keep seeing some of the same profiles commenting on these types of games that I love so we should "party" up.  We have the upcoming Ghostbusters Spirit Unleashed, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Devil in Me & now Killer Klowns from Outer Space. I'm pretty stoked! This one could be very gory and sounds like we only get 3 clowns to start with but they will be adding more down the road. 

I live under a rock and didn’t know about any of these. You’ve just made my wishlist so much bigger! 

• Like 2

On 24/08/2022 at 0:42 AM, Johnathan994 said:

Like it was ripped straight out of the nineties :D

Killer Klowns From Outer Space came out in 1988 and was very much a part of the 80s B-horror scene, alongside classics such as The Stuff, Chopping Mall, Basket Case etc. I'd highly recommend them if you're into the sillier/gorier side of horror. The effects were usually handmade then and still hold up in places as a result, though some are dated but that's to be expected with tiny budgets. There's one scene in Killer Klowns that stuck with me. I know it's old but I won't do any spoilers here.

The 90s did have some B-horror, my favourite being The People Under The Stairs (1991), but it was slim pickings compared to the peak in the 80s. Especially once Scream came out in 1996 and changed things up, the latter half of the 90s into the early 00s was pretty much those kinds of horror movies.

Was really disappointed to see this game is another in the mold of Friday the 13th and Evil Dead. I would have loved to play through those, or Killer Klowns, in a single-player story. I mean you had Ash Vs Evil Dead showing that you can turn a horror movie like these into a long-form story.

Edited by Nauticus87
  • Like 4