Overpriced DLC

Djeheuty

So the game is going to be free on Ps plus essential, but if you want to achieve 100% there are 3 DLC packs at 15€ each, which from what I see are not even cross buy, so that’s 90€ in DLC if you want to 100% both PS4 and PS5 versions, that’s ridiculous. The GOTY upgrade with all the contents again is priced 45€ and not crossbuy, exactly the same. Is there a cheapest way to get access to the content just for the trophies? Besides hoping for a big sale, of course.

• Like 3

I bought the first at full price then realised how short it was for the trophies. Not seen a sale on them but now its on plus im pretty certain of a sale in oct.

If you just want the trophies the vol packs arnt even worth it because i think they are all in different vol packs and you get all different bits as well so there still a bit pricey

I agree, this is way overpriced.

I had the game originally on PS4, and bought the DLCs when they released, but for my PS5 plat, I waited for a PSN sale on the Collector's Edition.

Right now I'm just waiting for a sale on the final DLC, there's no way I'm spending 30 bucks on 6 trophies for the 100 % on PS4 and PS5.

You're late for the party. Imagine those who paid an above standard Edition to get the first season pass and the Batman expansion wasn't included (at least the first - cause after that, I couldn't give a damn about the game).

Either way, Batman Expansion usually goes on sale. Can't tell about Monster Truck (can't add it to the wishlist) and Looney Tunes is too "new" it didn't get any sale yet.

Usually, PSPlus offers have a discount in that month for DLC so let's hope this one has for all 3 expansions... Still, even if they it's 50% off, we're talking about €22.5 for miserable content. I'll grab it when it's 90% off if ever happens. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, pavelbagirov said:

Those dlc not included in the season pass? 

There are 3 Seasons Passes and 3 DLCs with trophies.

Every Season Pass is 30€ (it includes the DLC, new cars, and some other stuff)

If you buy the DLC without the Season Pass it’s 15€ per DLC.

When I bought Season Pass 1, I thought I will get every DLC. But nope, 3 Season Passes in 1 year. lol

You don't need the volume passes unless you want a bunch of useless cars and other crap. They're far too expensive at €30 each. The only thing you need for the DLC trophies are the individual expansions which cost €15 each. Alternatively there is a new GOTY upgrade for existing owners that released recently and that includes all volume passes and expansions for €45, which is probably the best option for most people as it includes absolutely everything for the same price as the individual expansions. Still expensive for what you're getting, but it is what it is. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

You don't need the volume passes unless you want a bunch of useless cars and other crap. They're far too expensive at €30 each. The only thing you need for the DLC trophies are the individual expansions which cost €15 each. Alternatively there is a new GOTY upgrade for existing owners that released recently and that includes all volume passes and expansions for €45, which is probably the best option for most people as it includes absolutely everything for the same price as the individual expansions. Still expensive for what you're getting, but it is what it is. 

I hope PS+ members aren't locked out of the GOTY Edition if they add next weeks game to their collection. Allready have a few of those games on my list where I can't upgrade like that.

For example: Call of Duty WWII

Edited by ConAir
Additional information
  • Like 2

I’d recommend just getting each DLC expansion separately. Don’t bother with Season Passes with cars that you’re probably not gonna use!

I got the 100% of this game like a month ago or so and if you just want the plat and 100% you’re gonna use like 3 cars only during your trophy journey.

At the end of the day I used the McLaren Senna  90% of the whole game, the car is very useful and capable of pulling almost every shortcut!

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

Yeah I never considered buying the passes, but instead either the single DLCs  or the Goty upgrade, if possible with the ps plus version. My count was considering if I wanted to play both PS4 and PS5 versions (45€ x 2) since DLCs are not crossbuy, as if they weren’t expensive enough.

14 minutes ago, Djeheuty said:

Yeah I never considered buying the passes, but instead either the single DLCs  or the Goty upgrade, if possible with the ps plus version. My count was considering if I wanted to play both PS4 and PS5 versions (45€ x 2) since DLCs are not crossbuy, as if they weren’t expensive enough.

Yep this is an absolute disgrace on the part of Milestone. Not making the game itself cross-buy or offering a free upgrade for PS4 owners is bad enough, but not making the overpriced DLC cross-buy? That's a complete joke. Unfortunately Milestone has got a bit of a reputation when it comes to stuff like this. As much as I enjoy most of their games, their business practices are scummy at best. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Zarramaul said:

Will the three DLCs be all,or are there coming more?

This is all of them 

4 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

I waited until the so-called Ultimate Edition was cheap and then bit the bullet on the final DLC pack because I just wanted to be finished with the game and trophies. 

The nerve of this company to sell an Ultimate Edition that is planned to not even have all the dlc is astounding. 

I’ll probably do the same.  

AC Valhalla released a $40 DLC that wasn’t in the Gold/Ultimate edition so it could be worse

• Like 1

On 01/10/2022 at 2:30 PM, ConAir said:

I hope PS+ members aren't locked out of the GOTY Edition if they add next weeks game to their collection. Allready have a few of those games on my list where I can't upgrade like that.

For example: Call of Duty WWII

99% sure you'll be locked out of it. You can ask support to remove the licence so you can buy the other version though

2 hours ago, JavaNext said:

Yeah, Im on the fence too but I just want to get the trophies done.

I don’t like having incomplete games when I can avoid it, but I’ll also hate myself for spending almost $40 on 3 hours of DLC content amounting to a measly 9 bronze trophies. 

Does anyone know when the sale on the DLC ends? I was wondering how long I have to decide on this but there is no date listed in the store page.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Does anyone know when the sale on the DLC ends? I was wondering how long I have to decide on this but there is no date listed in the store page.

The web store page shows it as ending 1/11/2022 at 11:59 PM PDT for me.