Trophies to Fight Cancer 2022

On 11/17/2022 at 5:38 PM, GoldenShaka said:

Ok I could plat one orange and one pink just in time :)

The Artful Escape

L738464.png

I'm very sorry, this stack of The Artful Escape does not actually count as it's rarity is over 80%. Your other game did count and puts you on the scoreboard with 1 game.

---

Other than that, everything else counted this time around the scores should be updated accordingly. With roughly 10 days left of the event, I'm not sure what else I'll be able to finish but I have a couple games in mind. I only contributed 2 games last year, so I'm really hoping to just beat that number this year. Good luck everyone, this is the final stretch of the event.

• Like 1

Hi folks, just checking in with an overdue update - my PC pretty much bought the farm 2 weeks ago and I've only just gotten back online today, so I haven't been able to post here for a while.

But, I've done another orange and another pink game since my last post, which now puts me at 3 ORANGE and 2 PINK games completed.  I suspect this will be all that I have time for, as there is barely over a week left, but perhaps I might manage another.

In the event that I don't, though, here's what I have...

ORANGE

L25b259.png

L722019.png

L800d7e.png

PINK

L6a1a7a.png

L3bd38a.png

• Like 3

Everytime I think I've posted my last game, I end up getting another...

Anyway, hello again friends. A PS5 upgrade of Superliminal came out yesterday, I played the game on PS4, and while I didn't complete a collectable or speedrun playthrough on my first stack, but with a second stack, I thought I may as well get the Platinum now. Very good game. The game is all about perspective, in gameplay and life, if you encounter a problem, find a new way to examine that problem, and a unexpected solution may appear, rather than the being stumped in the way you expected.

L7debd6.png

(Orange is coming from the clock numbers)

• Like 4

I haven't been following this thread, but I read the OP and think the concept is awesome. However, you know what helps even more than donating money? Donating blood and joining the stem cell donor registry. Those are priceless to many cancer patients. Especially donate if you are black American or native American. Unfortunately, those two groups are increasingly rare to get DNA matches for stem cell transplant. 

• Like 4

Hello!

I've done both Lego Harry Potter games:

L9affe7.png

L607d19.png

I believe they qualify for both (Ron's hair for orange and their skin color in 1-4/Hermione's shirt in 5-7 for pink) so I would like 1 for pink and 1 for orange but I'll take what I can get, I'll leave it up to the judge(s).

As for the games I have no ties to the source material... never read the books or saw the movies but they were still fun games (it's Lego after all) and I got the gist of what was happening. The games are notorious for bugs/glitches (maybe not so much on PS4) but I didn't run into any other than getting stuck on the environment once in each game but that was easily fixed by moving on to the next screen or quitting the level and restarting. I just made sure not to play co-op, wait for the game to save after getting each collectible and backing up my save before entering a glitched area.

• Like 4

Pink #2 - Yoku's Island Express (41.29%)

Ldaa92c.png

Pink #3 - SOMA (31.64%)

Lad8fb9.png

Orange #2 - Black Mirror (51.52%)

L6837a5.png

Orange #3 - Lego DC Super-Villains (17.01%)

L96abef.png

Pink #4 - Code:Realize - Guardian of Rebirth (45.33%)

Lb7313e.png

Orange #4 - Concrete Genie (41.27%)

L250023.png

Last update for me. I didn't play anywhere near as many games as last year, but I had fun with most of the ones I did play and cleaned out a few that have been sitting in my backlog for years. Yoku's Island Express was the most enjoyable by far; a great little mash-up of pinball and Metroidvania mechanics with a nice art style.

Thanks for running the event this year.

• Like 4