What is the most annoying thing when trophy hunting?

Kazeh54

-Online trophies, especially if not many are playing the game or that specific mode (looking at you BO2 league play).

-Any luck-based trophies, though I haven't ran into such. Yet.

-Missable trophies. Had to play through Hyperdimension Neptunia a third time just to kill ONE enemy to finish the bestiary for the platinum.

-Ones that would make you do things that make you completely rage, the reason I don't have KHFM platinum yet. (Damn Gummi Ship missions!)

-Co-op based trophies.

• Like 1

-Ones that would make you do things that make you completely rage, the reason I don't have KHFM platinum yet. (Damn Gummi Ship missions!)

Know exactly what you mean. KH 1.5 in total was a long game to plat. Loved it though. Can't wait for 2.5

I hate the fact you cant delete games from your profile its so frustrating as sometimes after 10 hours you might decide you had enough off that game or get bored of it but as a completionist you end pushing yourself for a stupid cause, Online trophies that require grinding is a pain, Not a fan off collectibles especially if it requires you to follow a guide as it ruins the experience of the game, Luck based trophies and glitched trophies

On another note can someone do a petition to incorporate the ability to change your gamer-tag and to delete games with trophies from your profile these changes would be awesome like comment if you agree maybe if we get enough people to sign it sony might actually do something about it 

Edited by maur1c1o_X

On another note can someone do a petition to incorporate the ability to change your gamer-tag and to delete games with trophies from your profile these changes would be awesome like comment if you agree maybe if we get enough people to sign it sony might actually do something about it 

The reason they do this by my guess is that you could have someone troll (a mate for example),go onto your profile and get rid of a game that you are close to beating or have done.

Going through a second playthrough of a game and getting near the end before you realize you missed 1 missable collectible required for the trophy and thus forced to go through the game a third time. Just happend to me and totally ruined my day....other then that annoying multiplayer trophies when the games multiplayer is horrible(looking at you tomb raider).

Collectibles, honestly hate collecting things i find it so boring |: 

Trophies where i have to rely on other people i'd rather do things myself and not have to wait for no shows. 

And grinding nothing says fun like spending 20+ hrs doing the same thing over and over.. 

I dislike trophies where you need 2 or more players locally, eg rockband beatles.

I really enjoy online trophies as long as its active, but.... When the game is quite old and the only people who play it are pros it can get quite tiresome, looking at you uncharted 2.

Collectible trophies are annoying, gta5 for instance, I didn't really want to spend hours looking for spaceship parts, but I did.

Ranking up trophies are tedious if you have to do the same thing over and over

One last thing, I hate it when you earn a trophy, which in your eyes should've been a silver or gold but was only a bronze, eg. Awp off gta4

Online required trophy (especially need 3-4 people)

Collectibles are fine but crazy like 159 cards thing in mafia 2 is too much (30 to 60 is good)

Max level, max rank trophy (gtaV)

Luck trophy like get 100% art collection in project diva F very random

and the recently one: log in 50 seperate days playstaionHome

• 2 weeks later...

Mission-based collectibles for me.  Open world collectibles are fine.  I enjoyed getting all the Orbs in Crackdown or the glyphs (or whatever they were called) in Saints Row IV.

But the collectibles in Uncharted GA are proving frustrating.  If I miss one, I have to re-start the mission.  I'm going to have to use a guide as I just can't find some of them.

The reason they do this by my guess is that you could have someone troll (a mate for example),go onto your profile and get rid of a game that you are close to beating or have done.

Never thought of that but that means you could also accidentally erase games yourself. I do agree with a name change but then people would go name crazy so you would have to be allowed maybe 2 changes and that's it.

Edited by tonesdad0408

Missable trophies - Its the majority of the reason I use guides

Glitched trophies - Gosh, these annoy me so much. Trophies that either don't pop at all or really late for unexplained reasons. The former was a HUGE problem in Two Worlds II

Grinding trophies - I'm not talking about the ones were you have to get like 10, 20, 50, or even a hundred kills (etc)...I'm talking about ones that go up to 500 - 1000 + ! I tend to only like playing through games once and a game has to really earn another playthrough for me to even attempt that. *cough* EDF: Insect Armageddon*cough*

Collectables trophies - These are only an issue when they are absolutely meaningless. If its something that builds my stats or grants me some sort of bonus then they are welcomed.

OH! And games with relatively easy trophy list for the exception of one or two pain in the arse trophies!!! Every time I encounter this, I feel like I'm being trolled for trophy hunting.

Mission-based collectibles for me.  Open world collectibles are fine.  I enjoyed getting all the Orbs in Crackdown or the glyphs (or whatever they were called) in Saints Row IV.

But the collectibles in Uncharted GA are proving frustrating.  If I miss one, I have to re-start the mission.  I'm going to have to use a guide as I just can't find some of them.

Yes, guides are your friends when it comes to collectables.

Nah, I doubt. Besides, just make that (extra) password/PIN protected and you're all good. But then again, not even Steam allows games to be deleted, funny stuff...