What is the most annoying thing when trophy hunting?

Kazeh54

Being a bit of a completionist, you tend to run into all sorts of annoying things while you try to platinum/100% a game.
My question to you guys is; What aspect of a game gets your blood boiling.

For me, I can't stand anything Luck Based.

My reason for this is due to the fact you can't do anything about it. You just gotta hope for the best. This can also be a great thing though. If a game requires some sort of item to appear at random, you could have it within a few attempts, or after hours and hours of trying.

Another would be anything time specific. I am currently STILL doing the tedious grind that is Rayman Legends.

With this game as my example, I can only do 2 challenges per day (and 2 extra weekly) to earn trophies towards my level. The game drops your level off at around 4200xp. You need to hit 6000 for the final level of awesomness. Each challenge awards you 1xp for Bronze, 5xp for Silver, 10xp for Gold and then 50 for Diamond (These scores are insane).

So, what about you guys?

• Like 1

After over 100 games and near perfect completion. there are a few kinds of trophies that annoy me:
- Online trophies that require a partner e.g. journey (can't find a partner for this one) 
- Collectibles that require me to watch guides for the entire playthrough. (i like to just be able to play and not have to be sat with a guide)
- Grinding, e.g. getting certain levels online or a certain amount of xp from repeating levels. the 10,000 kills on killzone mercenary was a pain since i had all other trophies by 5000 kills. 

• Like 1

-Games that require an insane amount of playthroughs (a.k.a. Kingdom Hearts Re:CoM HD or Tales of Symphonia HD) 

-MP trohpies, plain annoying, specially when you get a game whose servers are about to be shut down or when it implies maxing out online level.

-Luck based trophies, I hate how I have to put up with those who say they got it in the first attempt while I'm stuck at them for months (a.k.a. Catherine's Babel Stages Trophies)

-Missable trophies which imply a painful new playthrough in games such as Skyrim (Daedric artifacts)

I have to admit that some of those trophies make the challenge way more rewarding, and I get a higher feeling of accomplishment :)

My pet-peeves

1. Online Boosting Trophies. Ex: Grid 2 "Rivals trophy" You literally need to go to a website and set up a personal rival from your friends list and add them ONLY if you're both online at the same exact time.

2. Online Rank Trophies. When have to "Achieve rank 50" or "Achieve rank 100". I generally don't play much online gaming unless it's GTA. So i typically avoid these trophies all together.

3. Collectible Trophies. Only for games that aren't open world. If it's mission based and i have to follow a guide instead of just enjoying the game. It takes alot away from the experience.

4. Time-Based Trophies. Ex: Grid 2 "Global Domination". You can only achieve this trophy at the end of a week. 

5. Luck-Based Trophies. Payday 2, That is all.

Don't get me wrong, I like a bit of a challenge, but these are some things that drive me crazy

• Like 1

Missable, provided there isn't a level select where I can just go back and get it. Devil May Cry 1 HD is guilty of this, as much as I love it. So was Metal Gear Solid 3.

Luck based.

Collectibles with no guide, such as the inFamous ones where you have to rely on a mini-map and just mash the right stick.

Extreme grinding, like Dynasty Warriors 8 appears to have. 

Multiplayer. I'm terrible at multiplayer in general so I might as well just forget the Platinum if there's multiplayer.

I don't mind doing more than a few playthroughs, so long as the game is fun and I can New Game+ or use different abilities like inFamous 1 and 2.

• Like 1

i can't stand any form of online trophies. They are really annoying and most time they are the only thing preventing me from platinuming a game (like WWE 13 and WWE 2k14). The particularly bad ones are the ones that actually require you to win rank matches. Those are impossible if you are either not good at the game or people are cheating.

I suppose online is another for me. Especially when a game's online is dead. Took me forever to find people on BlazBlue CSE.

It's actually stopped me from picking up a few games too

multiple ending which needs more than 2 times of play through.

Some games you can just do a save before the end though. Did that on the xbox with Dragon Age and Fable 2

• Like 1

The combat challenges in Batman: Arkham Asylum.... Also multiplayer trophies required for the platinum which is why it is always smart for developers like Naughty Dog with the Uncharted games to make most of their multiplayer trophies DLC....

Edited by Potter13579

Multiplayer trophies. 

Well, at least if it's a bad multiplayer. There are a lot of great MP games, but there are also games with a great singleplayer which got a bad online mode. So I'm not very interested in playing those online modes. 

i love MP trophies but only with AAA games that i know will have players online at all times( BF ,COD etc) not the games which multiplayer is dead,  that is frustrating.

• Like 1

I suppose online is another for me. Especially when a game's online is dead. Took me forever to find people on BlazBlue CSE.

It's actually stopped me from picking up a few games too

Some games you can just do a save before the end though. Did that on the xbox with Dragon Age and Fable 2

yup. I did on some too.

I should say some you cant use load/save to get it and required multiple play throughs to get to the true ending.  :lol: 

Multiplayer trophies. Not because they are difficult, annoying, couldn't care less for them.  It's the shear fact that at some point, the company will close the server rendering them impossible to obtain.  If this is the path that they continue down, MANY people will be upset.  It's already happened to so many games and I dread it will not stop.  

• Like 2

Multiplayer trophies. Not because they are difficult, annoying, couldn't care less for them.  It's the shear fact that at some point, the company will close the server rendering them impossible to obtain.  If this is the path that they continue down, MANY people will be upset.  It's already happened to so many games and I dread it will not stop.  

100% with you on this. People who complain about trophy difficulty don't seem to understand the purpose of the trophy. To show off what you've accomplished. If you can't do what the game sets out why do you deserve the platinum? But impossible, that's just something I can't accept.

• Like 1