What is the most annoying thing when trophy hunting?

Kazeh54

Pretty much same as everybody else

Multiplayer especially as on some games like one of the battlefields where you had to get 10001 kills and Tomb raider where you have to buy the last character, only catch is you have to get to the max prestige and level which will take ages and since I don't like the multiplayer on that game but love the single player, it just takes the whole fun out of it.

And I hate Luck based trophies but not as much as multiplayer.

Also grinding trophies where you have to spend hours, days, weeks to get one trophy.

The last one would be a trophy that is made ridiculously hard to get and for it to just be a bronze trophy, that just pisses me right off.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The reason they do this by my guess is that you could have someone troll (a mate for example),go onto your profile and get rid of a game that you are close to beating or have done.

thats a good point but theres ways around that like you have to enter your password to confirm that you want to delete the game :)

Online trophies are my only gripe.

Single player trophies should be all about fun and challenging. Online is just about doing the same crap over and over, be it legit or boosting. I honestly think online was only intended for children, because the repetition of gameplay borders on senseless on every game out there. The same thing over... and over.. and over. Good cripes

+1000 for that

MP should NOT have trophies

Or if they do be simple stuff like God of War Ascencion did:

The only trophy you need is for completing the training stage, which is a piece of cake that you finish in less then 5 minutes

Missable trophies - Its the majority of the reason I use guides

Glitched trophies - Gosh, these annoy me so much. Trophies that either don't pop at all or really late for unexplained reasons. The former was a HUGE problem in Two Worlds II

Grinding trophies - I'm not talking about the ones were you have to get like 10, 20, 50, or even a hundred kills (etc)...I'm talking about ones that go up to 500 - 1000 + ! I tend to only like playing through games once and a game has to really earn another playthrough for me to even attempt that. *cough* EDF: Insect Armageddon*cough*

Collectables trophies - These are only an issue when they are absolutely meaningless. If its something that builds my stats or grants me some sort of bonus then they are welcomed.

OH! And games with relatively easy trophy list for the exception of one or two pain in the arse trophies!!! Every time I encounter this, I feel like I'm being trolled for trophy hunting.

Yes, guides are your friends when it comes to collectables.

ever tried persona 4 arena?

storyline trophies = piece of cake, they're pratically automatic

arcade trophies = you can select the difficulty/number of rounds/time

"do stuff X times" & similar trophies = nothing monstrous

Score attack trophies = a mode where the difficulty is locked one level above the hardest avaliable, the oponents have unlimited special modes, you gotta fight every character in the game without losing once or it's back to the start.

Doesn't get any harder, right? WRONG! the last trophy requires you doing this with EVERY CHARACTER, even the ones you don't know how to play well enough.

Challange mode = From challenges 1 to 10 are easy, 11 to 20 some start getting ridiculous from 21 to 29 how the fuck you gotta do this???? and the 30th they won't even tell you how you gotta do the conditions required (unless you got the japanese version of the game and get the DLC with the videos)

BONUS!!!!

Online mode = minimun of 100 matches played, fight against each character once, get enough grade for C- (this is the hardest part) and THE GAME HAS TERRIBLE LAG ISSUES!

Buddy, you don't know what hell is until you try playing an Atlus game that has trophies...

Buddy, you don't know what hell is until you try playing an Atlus game that has trophies...

Not gonna lie, I kinda avoided Persona 4 just because it had Challenges. I beat Blazblue Calimity Trigger and CS EXTEND but I think thats it for me now. Consider myself lucky to beat them, let alone Persona 4

For me, it's the ridiculous grind trophies, which the majority of the time also happen to be online.

The absolute worst I've played so far is Star Ocean. Don't make someone kill 30,000 enemies when most battles only have 4-5 enemies at most. There is no fun in that. And definitely don't make it dependent on which character you're using. It's especially cruel that they make you do it twice. That's not to mention all the other battle trophies you have to grind for.

It's also horrible having to win online in a game you don't want to play competitively. I don't want to dedicate the next month of my life in the training mode of Street Fighter X Tekken(or any game for that matter) to learn enough about the game to get 100 wins. I definitely don't want to have to win a match using a certain move 1200 times either. There is no fun in that, there is no skill in that, there is just the grind. I also really hate how some games tell you to play a certain mode for a specific amount of time too. I don't want to play online at all, let alone for 30 hours. Grind online trophies are especially horrible when the game has an awful netcode.

What's worse than all that though, worse than everything, are trophies dependent on leaderboards or other people. Like in LittleBigPlanet where you have to have one of your stages hearted by 50 different people, and you have to be hearted by 30 different people. That's insane. There's no real way to know if that's going to happen or not. You have to beg other people to heart you, or just kind of hope it happens. Then the ones where you have to be in the top of the online leaderboards are just cruel. Like in Fight Night Round 4, to get the plat, you have to be the best in the world. BEST IN THE WORLD. That's just cruel. Might as well just not put trophies in the game.

Like most have said it's got to be the online trophies dependent on others. I'm kind of a solo player unless it's with my mates and only two of my mates have a PS4 and they're never online when I am so as of yet have done nothing online. Suppose if we had loads of cash I could buy my wife a separate PS4 as we share. Id get more multiplayer trophies then but there's still plenty that need 4+ people. Some need 4 people locally, having a group of mates round is a thing of the past now we're all family men/women so there's more I'll never get, 

It must be very frustrating for PS3 owners who are trying to get online trophies on games with dead servers. Even on PS4 the wait times for some online matches cause me to give up and they're pretty new games!

Still I guess that's the beauty of sites like PSNProfiles. You meet like minded people, make friends and get those blasted trophies you never thought you'd obtain. 

Malfuras.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Games with buggy trophies (I'm looking at you Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood!) and probably trophies that require way too much backtracking for their own good.

Missing a collectible and not knowing which one you missed.

This as well. (I'm looking at you Bioshock Infinite!)

When time comes in the way :angry:.

This too. (I'm looking at you real life! :P)

• Like 1

Non-Stackable (non-accumulative) trophies - See this actually includes collectibles, stats, items, and play-throughs, so this is probably the worst type excluding MP trophies simply because servers do not stay alive forever.

You know... those games where your progress from your previous play-through is non-existent if you messed up, and where beating a game on its harder modes don't unlock the easier difficulty trophies?

Edited by Mar

gonna sound silly with all the other legitimate complaints here but i don't like it when there are trophies that have let's say 3 or 4 person co-op limits and i have 5 friends online playing the same game (uncharted, gta iv and v heists, RDR, etc)...for the record i tend to keep friends on my list that like co-op and have mics, so having to choose drives me nuts...i'm like praying some of them go offline...haha..."hey man are you busy?...yes?...great!"...the other side of that is when the trophy requires 8+ and we have 7 or whatever..."got anyone online?"...small gripes...

Multiplayer trophies, bar none. What specifically annoys me is the messages I get from people online while I'm trying to get the online multiplayer trophies:

U shuld give up, u suck

Yes, I know I'm absolutely terrible. That's why I'm boosting this game, genius. Also, learn to write and spell.

Jajajajaja

Most annoying phrase I see on PSN especially after I explain what it is I am doing and just trying to earn online trophies. The people who type this and send it out as a message should probably have their hands broken, their game disc broken, their internet access broken, their PS3/PS4 broken, and their TV broken in that order.

People posting videos breaking up boosting session and going into long diatribes about how they are 'protecting their community.'

Well, if the 'community' for your precious game is just you and maybe 3 or 4 regulars and you go online with the game on a Friday and there's no one in matches, then it's not much of a 'community' is it? Just accept the fact that people will boost online trophies for the game, quit bragging about your leaderboard rank, and just leave the match if it bothers you that much. There are other games worth your time. People like this deserve to be forced to play Rambo or Ride To Hell for eternity.

Oh you're boosting I didn't know, sorry

So the dead giveaway of a bunch of onscreen characters just standing around didn't do anything?

Do you want to play Minecraft? *receives Minecraft invite*

NO.

I'll make you my b*tch. or My record is better than urs

Grow up, get in 2016 and realize you're talking to an adult. I seriously could careless that you camp or play this game better.

• Like 1