Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023

On 12/1/2022 at 0:55 PM, Rebourne07 said:

@seannyboy913 Ranked up to Gold tier! Also added the KqPK6IM.png PS4 Master badge.

@Copanele Ranked up to Gold tier!

@dertswa687o Ranked up to Silver tier! Also added the XYD6tMN.png Hardcore badge.

@DazzaFett Ranked up to Bronze tier! Also added the kHuhNg6.png Vita Master badge.

@PuRiZo-_- I dont see any ratings for Bullets per Minute anywhere so it cant be used officially yet. Might be a good candidate for you to write the trophy guide for it and earn the GfmFq8n.png Guide Writer badge.

@Vidbacca Yes, Terminator: Resistance (Enhanced) counts for the 9ecFreL.png Old School badge.

@Salamandxrs Yes the San Diego section qualifies it for the 37roFKE.png Murica badge. Also here's the 10/10 XCOM 2 rating. 

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 2

@Rebourne07 I think you meant I ranked up to Silver Tier. ?  

Also i should now have the Old School Badge added too as i have actually completed 4 games that qualify now.

Old School - Day of the Tentacle Remastered / Arcade Classic Anniversary Collection / Terminator Resistance Enhanced / Asterix & Obelix XXL Romastered

(had not realized Terminator also counted but had enough qualifying games anyway)

• Like 3

@Salamandxrs Added the Masochist badge, this also puts you as the current winner for Most Unique Badges. Right now most badges is a 3 way tie with you having achieved it second.

@DazzaFett Added the Old School badge. And yeah sorry, meant Silver.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, zalcarezio said:

i do my list today so i can do this challenge aswell i can chose wich games i want for this challenge it does not matter wich games ?

You can choose all elegible games you want. Just Read the rules and stick to them :)

• Like 2

On 1/16/2023 at 7:57 AM, barra333 said:

1 - Word Search by POWGI

2 - Word Maze by POWGI

3 - Bouncy Bullets :platinum: (1 Jan)

4 - Hot Wheels Unleashed :platinum: (12 Jan)

5 - Xenon Racer

6 - Heavenly Bodies

7 - Ride 3

8 - The Witness

9 - Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2 (hard parts done, currenlty level 88)

10 - Assetto Corsa (fingers crossed)

Progress! Working through Ride and doing 0.5-1 level here and there on THPS at the moment. I will be away from my console for a little while from the end of this month. Hoping to get Ride done by then (only get an hour or two a day at best to play)

Might as well give an update... 

No more games complete, but I have made progress on a few:

The POWGI games only have about 3 hours combined left.

Waiting for Xenon Racer to go on sale. It is the only game on the list I don't own

Heavenly Bodies started

Ride 3 almost done, but won't complete it until December so I qualify for the the Finally! badge. 

THPS 1+2 is inching there, got another couple of levels out of the way. Up to 92 now I think.

Assetto Corsa has been started. Finished several of the hotlaps (including a couple of tough ones) and got a decent start on the career.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Clampy-7 said:

Hope I'm not too late to join in with this idea :). Looks quite fun and gets me playing different titles of varying difficulties.

Decided to go for the following.

1/10 - Life is Strange - Currently in progress.

2/10 - Man Eater - Currently in progress.

3/10 - Concrete Genie 

4/10 - God of War: Ragnarok

5/10 - Returnal

6/10 - Destiny 2 - Currently in progress.

7/10 - Demon's Souls

8/10 - Bloodborne

9/10 - Hollow Knight

10/10 - Super Meat Boy - (Might change this, not fully set on a 10/10)

Wish me luck!

No one is too late until January 1st, 2024 :) Welcome to the challenge. Great list! Returnal can count as a 9 and Hollow Knight as a 10 if you want to drop SMB. Totally up to you, the values you have listed work as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rebourne07 said:

No one is too late until January 1st, 2024 :) Welcome to the challenge. Great list! Returnal can count as a 9 and Hollow Knight as a 10 if you want to drop SMB. Totally up to you, the values you have listed work as well. 

Thats good to know, I might switch them then, as I heard SMB is a monster :) Lets see how things go. Plenty of time till Jan.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Clampy-7 said:

Thats good to know, I might switch them then, as I heard SMB is a monster :) Lets see how things go. Plenty of time till Jan.

Returnal is such a good game, easily makes my top 10 of all time! I'm planning on SMB as my 10, 'only' got 4 no death runs left, though the last 2 are nails. 

• Like 1

Hey @Rebourne07 I have a question about the genres. I had some trouble finding viable games for the Minesweeper batch as almost all games on my initial list had the genre "Adventure" in it's PSNProfiles site.

Now I see several people just "choosing" a genre for their games. Does that count too? For example for  Golf with your Friends is listed with "Simulator, Sport, Strategy, Indie" as a genre. Could I just choose one instead? Like saying its a Sports game and nothing else?

This might not seem like a big deal but with almost every game having Adventure as a genre I am very limited and if that was no restiction I would choose some other games I'd prefer to play.

• Like 1

No more than 5 of your games can have the same genre/theme

@Wurstmann69 Sup man, so...normally I'd just say yeah ignore the One Trick Pony badge...but the thing is I've kinda painted myself into a corner rules wise here cause several people have already not only submitted, but started their Minesweeper lists. So I gotta stick to the rule there. The thing of picking their genres you're seeing is people picking it for Jack of All Trades. 

I told everyone in the main post I wouldn't make any rule changes past January 1st so we're kinda stuck with One Trick Pony as it is this year. Next year I plan on adjusting it to exclude certain very common genres like Action, Adventure, Drama and a few others to 1) Make One Trick Pony harder to get and 2) Make its impact on Minesweeper less of a pain. But for now it is what it is. 

• Like 2

On 01/12/2022 at 7:55 PM, Rebourne07 said:

Finally! - Platinum a game that you started 3 or more years ago

• The time from your first timestamped trophy to the platinum trophy must be 3 years or longer
  • An example: iV7WJvo.png
  • If your account is less than 3 years old or your completion percentage is above 90% you can have this badge for free on your first list since it'd be impossible to obtain otherwise

@Rebourne07 Wouldn't I be eligible for this badge considering my first trophy was earned on the 27th May 2020? My completion rate is above 90%.Furthermore doesn't ARK Survival evolved have an official time of 80+ hours on the website I linked in my original post, for this badge

PSTHC.fr - Trophies, Guides, Mutual Aid, ... - Ark: Survival Evolved: Trophy Guide (PS4) PSthc.fr

On 01/12/2022 at 7:55 PM, Rebourne07 said:

Above and Beyond - Platinum a game with an official time estimate of 80 or more hours

Edited by LancashireLad87