Best games that DON'T have a platinum!?

SuchRemorse

7 hours ago, Prometheous101 said:

I believe this is meant to be games with trophies ,but no platinum. And playstation obviously.

Oblivion ,just doesnt have trophies , at all 

Ah ok, yeah.

For Oblivion I was talking in a general way because I love that game and I consider it one of the best out there and was worth of a platinum (and related trophies)

9 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Yes, it was…

…in the sense that my profile page is a “list on the internet” :dunno:

… you think I’d endorse a game that I hadn’t played?

That’d be kinda weird ?

I disagree, I think they are more than just "lists" as you call them. They are experiences and accomplishments, not some generic copy paste plagiarism.

Oh I love this topic. I would recommend the following in no particular order: 

1. Action Henk
  2. Counterspy (Unobtainable 100% if you haven't started it last I checked)
  3. Entwined
  4. Journey
  5. Outlast (I hate horror, but a good game)
  6. Race the Sun
  7. Thomas was Alone
  8. Three-Fourths Home
  9. Valiant Hearts
  10. Woah Dave

Some mix of difficulty and story-based 100% games here. Truly a shame some of these didn't have a platinum because I think a lot of these games are super well-done and enjoyable to play to 100% and for fun afterwards. 

• Like 1

From the ones I've played on Playstation or elsewhere: 

Journey. A very emotional journey imo. Amazing atmosphere, this is the ultimate walking simulator - you walk, you slide on a sand dune, jump sometimes. Then the ending sequence happens, the music kicks in and a tear or two is shed for some reason. According to my friend, obviously. 

Resident evil 4. I love RE games, they are... Big budget games with a story, not a story with a game attached to it. They're fun to play, multiple playthroughs "to unlock this and that" don't bother me. And RE4 is one of the best in the series. I'm actually replaying it currently, despite the upcoming remake. 

Also MGS Ground Zeroes but ONLY if you play it before MGS V. The other way around, GZ feels worse than it really is. It's still fun to play, but it's just not it. I imagine playing GZ first has a much bigger impact. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

To backup your original claim of the Drs post/list being “just copied from the internet”, you could do just a few moments of research by looking for this list out there OR just look at the Drs post history, find his Checklist thread he updates regularly that contains all the games he recommended and keep your unfounded skepticism in your thoughts…

Or I could look at your profile and see your great selection of games you have. Maybe you should trophy hunt more and stop posting so much?

3 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

…is not a list I copied “from the internet” - it is a list of the good games without platinums, that I selected, and I am recommending, that I have played and S-Ranked, from my profile.

Just what someone who copies lists from the internet would say...

57 minutes ago, ElektrickRage said:

Or I could look at your profile and see your great selection of games you have. Maybe you should trophy hunt more and stop posting so much?

Careful now. Greta Thunberg still has time to burn more trash before the year ends.

• Like 3

The ones come to mind are:

Beyond Good and Evil

Resident Evil 4

Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light

Lara Croft & the Temple of Osiris 

Among the Sleep

Song of the Deep

All of these are pretty great games that aren't exactly short games and could have had more trophies included, including a platinum trophy.

Edited by ZachBoardyHD
  • Like 2

Flower

Journey

Sky: Children of the Light

Limbo

INSIDE

SOMA

Child of Light 

ADR1FT

Beyond Eyes

Brothers : a Tale of Two Sons

Dauntless

Megaton Rainfall

Remothered: Tormented Fathers 

The Fall

The Unfinished Swan

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate HD

Little Misfortune

Edited by sailboat7
  • Like 3

On 29/12/2022 at 4:42 PM, Sendai-Horatio said:

Unless I missed it, nobody has said Eternal Ring. It's a Fromsoft game and it's the oldest title of theirs that PSN has up. It's not quite King's Field but it's very close, it's a first person dungeon crawler RPG with it's own unique ways of doing things.

It's also a game that's never been on sale.

I just looked it up and it has a ps4 port as a ps2 classic! Came out in 2017

For excellent games with no trophies, The Orange Box (Portal 1 + Half-Life 2) and Folklore come to mind. Both are PS3 games.

For great games with trophies, but with no platinums, there are a lot to name on PSVR / PS4. Journey and Abzu are obvious ones.

For the great psvr ones I saw with no platinums, these come to mind: Synth Riders, Dance Collider, Rush VR, Apex Construct, Batman Arkham VR, Vader Immortal, Racket Fury Table Tennis, and SuperHyperCube. There are many more I bet, but I didn't play them or I don't remember them right now.

• Like 1

If we are talking games without a trophy list, The Original Assassins Creed and Resistance Fall of man are games I wished had a platinum trophy.

If we are talking about Indie games, Plant vs. Zombies, the strategy game, deserves a Platinum.

As for games I want to see on PlayStation, that would be Warcraft 3 or even world of warcraft. They already released Diablo, so why won't they let us get our vengeance for zul'jin?

• Like 1

On 12/7/2022 at 3:23 AM, Solid-Fisch said:

I'd like to contribute these games to the list (guys already named some very good titles)

• I am alive (PS3)
  • Papo y yo (PS3)
  • The Unfinished Swan (PS3/PSVITA/PS4)
  • Thomas was alone (PS3/PSVITA/PS4)
  • Counterspy (PS3/PSVITA/PS4)
  • Observation (PS4)
  • Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons (PS3/PS4)
  • Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3/PS4)
  • Monsterbag (PSVITA)
  • The Pedestrian (PS4/PS5)

These games were back in the day when trophies actually meant something. They didn't just hand out platinum trophies back then! Good list though.. Thanks!

On 12/30/2022 at 6:03 PM, TristanBrown17 said:
  • Action Henk
  • Counterspy (Unobtainable 100% if you haven't started it last I checked)
  • Entwined
  • Journey
  • Outlast (I hate horror, but a good game)
  • Race the Sun
  • Thomas was Alone
  • Three-Fourths Home
  • Valiant Hearts
  • Woah Dave

Journey is an amazing game!!!! It's the first Indie game that I played and thought... "Wow... Indie games can be great" Before that I used to think they were just shovelware or like cheap mobile games. I'll have to give a few of those you recommended a shot. Action Henk and Entwined look interesting to me.