[EVENT] PSNP Kaleidoscope Challenge! 2023 [ENDED]

Just now, DrBloodmoney said:

Blue/ Light Blue, I’d say

Yeah, there is a blue sky and the logo has tones of blue in it, so that will work. Sorry about being like this, I just got so obsessed with KEMCO after playing Dragon Sinker that I found a set of games that are pay-to-platinum(with all their paid content being EXP boosters, damage boosters and encounter manipulation) and the stories aren't too bad either.

• Like 1

Got a colour check question for @DrBloodmoney and the gang. Also apologies that I am unable to include any pictures in this question but I have included my completion list to date.

what colour have people used for (or what colours would you suggest would be viable) for Final Fantasy 15, Resident Evil 4 remake and Atomic Heart? Obviously, as far as you can stretch it the better ? 

Is there any world I could get Resi 4 under blue you think? ? I mean if you close your eyes and think of blue it kinda works....

Green - Need for Speed Unbound

Brown - Dark Pictures Anthology: The Devil in Me

Pink - Chicory: A Colourful Tale

White - Cricket 22

Purple - Darq

Tan - Forspoken

Orange - Weird West

Red - Inscryption 

Black - Dark Souls: Remastered

Light Blue - Hogwarts Legacy

Deep Purple - Football Manager 2023

Grey - PGA Tour 2k23

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, PotrikBerger said:

Got a colour check question for @DrBloodmoney and the gang. Also apologies that I am unable to include any pictures in this question but I have included my completion list to date.

what colour have people used for (or what colours would you suggest would be viable) for Final Fantasy 15, Resident Evil 4 remake and Atomic Heart? Obviously, as far as you can stretch it the better 1f602.png 

Is there any world I could get Resi 4 under blue you think? 1f914.png I mean if you close your eyes and think of blue it kinda works....

RE4 works for Blue - the overall effect of it definitely has a blue hue. ?

FFXV is only really black for the main game image - though it has a lot of DLCs with their own images, which work for a few other colours.

Atomic Heart is probably best as a White - that seems most dominant in both PS4 and PS5 images.

Just now, PotrikBerger said:

One final question for all fellow participants - can anyone suggest a maroon colour? I’d want it to be a game that is available in hard copy, so nothing from the ps store, but can be PS4 or PS5. I’m really struggling to find one. I’ve seen a lot of people use guardians of the galaxy which is a good shout, but that one is out for me as completed prior to the event.

I was actually going to say this before - Maroon is a difficult colour to find, but Red is not...

...if I were you, I would strongly consider swapping Inscryption to Maroon.

It is a perfect Maroon spot, and finding a different Red would probably be much easier than finding another Maroon one...

... particularly since you are looking for physical ones - I can suggest a few Maroon colours, but it seems virtually every one I've played is a PSN digital-only game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I was actually going to say this before - Maroon is a difficult colour to find, but Red is not...

...if I were you, I would strongly consider swapping Inscryption to Maroon.

It is a perfect Maroon spot, and finding a different Red would probably be much easier than finding another Maroon one...

... particularly since you are looking for physical ones - I can suggest a few Maroon colours, but it seems virtually every one I've played is a PSN digital-only game.

I will definitely do that, red is much easier for me to find.....speaking of which, whilst I have you in such a benevolent frame of mind...are you absolutely certain that the ps5 image for atomic heart couldn’t be used for red? Lol, or is that definitely in direct non compliance with the overarching ‘don’t take the piss’ ruling? 

That’s kinda rhetoric, i know it’s in direct violation of the rule pretty much because I’m having to ask - I’ll save it for card 2 if I do one. Thanks so much for response, I’ll change inscryption on next update list. ?? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PotrikBerger said:

I will definitely do that, red is much easier for me to find.....speaking of which, whilst I have you in such a benevolent frame of mind...are you absolutely certain that the ps5 image for atomic heart couldn’t be used for red? Lol, or is that definitely in direct non compliance with the overarching ‘don’t take the piss’ ruling? 

That’s kinda rhetoric, i know it’s in direct violation of the rule pretty much because I’m having to ask - I’ll save it for card 2 if I do one. Thanks so much for response, I’ll change inscryption on next update list. 1f44d-1f3ff.png 

Haha - I like your moxie!... ?

I'll leave it to you...

Do  you really think Red is the dominant colour for it...?

tumblr-plljw8b-Fu-S1ra11u8o8-500.gif

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, breakingthegreen said:

it's probably the most obscure game out of the list of one's I've picked so far, I bet , it's a light blue colour comes to us from little known Kinectica on the PS2, their latest game is God of War: Ragnarok.

where do you even hear about these obscure little games? ?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

where do you even hear about these obscure little games? 1f914.png

Usually by chance, in this case I was heading to a party, I googled for something to wear that "Low Key," but it auto corrected to "Loki" and this came up.

And that's how I came across this diamond in the rough

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I think Yakuza like a dragon is probably, technically yellow-orange, but it feels more orange than yellow to me... On the other hand, I saw someone else put it under yellow before orange so maybe I'm just a tad color blind? Someone tell me it's yellow and I'll move it over later. :P

L692c81.png

I guess I could just not use it, but being only 5 games in, seems pretty... unfortunate. Thoughts are appreciated!

Im certainly no authority on this, but I think if you’d listed like a dragon under either orange or yellow then not many would have challenged that. Tales of arise I would be looking to put under brown or tan myself, maybe orange but I think you got some scope with that one.

kudos for like a dragon anyway dude. I could not face going through that sewer dungeon anymore so I’m still one trophy away from that plat. I’d love to go back and do it but I can’t stomach that level of grind so I’ve kind of accepted it’s gone forever. I’m doing Ishin at the moment and am just crossing fingers the whole time that the grind isn’t as much as that bloody sewer otherwise I’ll quickly walk away from this one too.

but yeah, I think you got options on the grid matey, hopefully doc will see it similar. Good luck with the rest!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

L692c81.png

I guess I could just not use it, but being only 5 games in, seems pretty... unfortunate. Thoughts are appreciated!

Yup - I think @PotrikBerger hit it right on the money - this is a perfect example of the "relative colour" rule - and how the eye adjusts the colour hue of one thing, when placed next to another!

On it's own, I think Like a Dragon does fit best for Orange... but Since Tales is clearly Orange, and quite a bit darker, once they are both on there they balance relative to one another, and Like a Dragon gets much more applicable to Yellow.

(For example, on my own list, both Hardspace Shipbreaker and Twelve Minutes would work for Tan on their own - but putting them both together, Hardspace fits more neatly into Yellow.)

Enjoy Tales BTW - it's pretty good!

Edited by DrBloodmoney