[EVENT] PSNP Kaleidoscope Challenge! 2023 [ENDED]

4 minutes ago, Heather342 said:

So I finished another game last week, but I've been umming and ahhhing for a few days about where it should go on the rainbow card. I think it works for light blue, but if anyone has any other thoughts I can move it around:

L613a64.png

Blue or Light Blue would work - could also be a decent Orange/Red, but as you have those, I'd say Light Blue is a winner!

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Blue or Light Blue would work - could also be a decent Orange/Red, but as you have those, I'd say Light Blue is a winner!

Thanks Doc! I think my blue entry will most likely be the Horizon Forbidden West DLC coming out next week, as those tiles are always blue and I think slightly darker that the background of the Dragoon image ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PotrikBerger said:

Im certainly no authority on this, but I think if you’d listed like a dragon under either orange or yellow then not many would have challenged that. Tales of arise I would be looking to put under brown or tan myself, maybe orange but I think you got some scope with that one.

kudos for like a dragon anyway dude. I could not face going through that sewer dungeon anymore so I’m still one trophy away from that plat. I’d love to go back and do it but I can’t stomach that level of grind so I’ve kind of accepted it’s gone forever. I’m doing Ishin at the moment and am just crossing fingers the whole time that the grind isn’t as much as that bloody sewer otherwise I’ll quickly walk away from this one too.

but yeah, I think you got options on the grid matey, hopefully doc will see it similar. Good luck with the rest!

Thank you and yeah, Like A Dragon was a real grind. That millennium tower was no joke! Every battle felt like a boss battle that I had to go all-out for.

Though, if it makes you feel any better, I think if you can get past the robo guards at the beginning and bring miracle kimichi for the final battle, you can win without grinding every job to 50+. The first battle was by far the worst one. Personally, most of mine had a few jobs at 30, and 2 at 99. Probably doesn't move the needle to pick it back up, but hopefully it gives you an ounce of hope to finish it one day.

Also thanks, @DrBloodmoney for the response as well! I'll move it to Yellow once Arise is finished. I'm already really enjoying it so far! Everything that annoyed me with the battle system previously in the series was fixed, and I love the direction of the UI and art style in this one. I was afraid it would be too hack n slashy, but there's a good balance of strategy on when to use BGs, when to go aggressive, when to play defensive, etc. I'm hoping that I get a bit more variety in artes down the line, but so far, I'm having a blast!

• Like 1

So I realized last night that with my slight perfectionism towards my first Kaleidoscope card, I've actually already got a second card 1/3 completed. Whoops. ?

Once I get my shiny rainbow kaleidoscope I'm not sure if it feels like cheating to fill a second card with games I played before I finished my first card, so perhaps I should focus on completing this community event first, versus my current method of swapping between events as it fits my mood.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, pelagia14 said:

I'm not sure if it feels like cheating to fill a second card with games I played before I finished my first card...

I hope not... because I've already got some games done that are held for a second trip over the rainbow....

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, pelagia14 said:

So I realized last night that with my slight perfectionism towards my first Kaleidoscope card, I've actually already got a second card 1/3 completed. Whoops. 1f602.png

Once I get my shiny rainbow kaleidoscope I'm not sure if it feels like cheating to fill a second card with games I played before I finished my first card, so perhaps I should focus on completing this community event first, versus my current method of swapping between events as it fits my mood.

Haha, same here. I was being quite purist about the games I wanted to include, but having seen how relaxed the rules are, I'll likely be able to make up a second card full of some of the games I've previously discarded. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finch_III said:

Haha, same here. I was being quite purist about the games I wanted to include, but having seen how relaxed the rules are, I'll likely be able to make up a second card full of some of the games I've previously discarded. 

That's exactly what I am doing with my second card. Some of the games I had on there(Rogue Galaxy, Disgaea 4 Complete+) are going on the second card. ;)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GlennRhee said:

Any chance I could join? This looks super fun and I'm hoping it'll cure the choice paralysis I get every time I finish a game ^^;

(Also, any chance Fuga Melodies of Steel would count for maroon?)

Absolutely - I've added your name to the Big Sexy Particpants List!

As far as this one goes:

Le1eb9e.png

I reckon Pink or Tan would be best... maybe Orange depending on the surrounding games chosen. 

Maroon seems a stretch - but Maroon can be an awkward one, so maybe see how it looks compared to some others once your rainbow is more filled out, and get a sense of whether it feels fitting then?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Absolutely - I've added your name to the Big Sexy Particpants List!

As far as this one goes:

Le1eb9e.png

I reckon Pink or Tan would be best... maybe Orange depending on the surrounding games chosen. 

Maroon seems a stretch - but Maroon can be an awkward one, so maybe see how it looks compared to some others once your rainbow is more filled out, and get a sense of whether it feels fitting then?

That makes sense! I saw quite a few people using GotG, so I'll probably do the same unless I see something already in my library I'd rather use.

Excited to be here! I'll cobble together a tentative list ASAP. :)

• Like 4

So here is my second card. This is going to be filled with nothing but RPGs because (1) I am participating in Psy's RPG Mania event, and (2) I have a few RPGs I did for KYC2022 and I want to get them out of the door. So... here we go.

For my first entry is a fine sky blue with Asdivine Cross for the PS5. I think I spent most of my life on that silly KEMCO title and even with the paid boosters, it took a while due to the enemy skill set that the masochistic teen Chibi-Usa has and how annoying it is to learn enemy skills. xD

p2.png

Light Blue: Asdivine Cross (PS5)

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, willythom88 said:

So before i commit, would the vr trophies for Concrete Geneie count.  I know the dlc rule but given this took me all of 30 minutes, i wanted to check before I post it up.

You earned them this year, so yes ?

Just the DLC image though:

Lc685f2.png

...as you earned all trophies for the main list before the event 

• Like 1