Favorite kill scene in a movie (horror, action, drama)

JRPGChris

For me, the spider scene in Lucio Fulci's The Beyond is the greatest kill scene in any genre of film.

Sofia Coppola getting killed in The Godfather Part III is also up there, but that was because she was such a horrible actress in that role.

This thread is about letting out our inner sociopaths when it comes to our movie watching.

• Like 3

Favorite Death scene is still Final destination 2 when Tim gets crushed by the glass pane.

Favorite kill scene is a lot harder to decide as the only movies I tend to watch have an abundance of murder in them!  I would have to say the Scene in Terrifier when Art the clown Hand saws the women in half from pelvis to head.  Terrifier 2 topped that with the insane scene with Allie though.

• Like 3

80's action movies always had my favorite kills, mainly due to the comedic one liner which follows. Arnold was the king of this: 'Let off some steam Bennett' (Commando, which is filled with hilarious one liners), 'See you at the party Richter' (Total Recall) and 'Here is Sub-Zero, now Plain-Zero' (The Running Man) are a few favorites of mine lol.

Edited by Glorious Fury
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Neocarleen said:

Nothing can beat the liquid nitrogen head smash in Jason X!

That kill was creative, not gonna lie. But I’ve seen worse.

My favorite kills are definitely from the Adam Green’s Hatchet films. There’s 4 in total and their kills are what Friday The 13th would be like if it were NC-17 rated or stepped up on the violence. The one kill that stood out to me was in the first film, where he uses a hatchet to chop an injured tourist in half from the shoulder down to his stomach area. He then runs after his wife (I think, don’t remember), takes her by the mouth, and completely rips open her entire mouth where the top of her head is basically behind her neck. So brutal, but so awesome to see with the visual effects. (The killer is Victor Crowley, portrayed by Kane Hodder, the same guy that was Jason Voorhess in Friday The 13th Parts VII, VIII, Jason Goes To Hell, and Jason X, including the Friday The 13th multiplayer game in 2017).

• Like 1

I love a good standoff, and this one is pretty memorable:

Saw this with friends at the movie theater back in 2004, and we laughed our asses off because of the zombie who picks up the propane tank:

Every kill in this movie is spectacular:

Very disturbing:

And two very memorable anime kill scenes:

• Like 2

Would be tough to think about one kill from all the (mostly horror) movies I have seen so I’ll go with a kinda recent killer scene that was memorable.

It’s from the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre on Netflix where Leatherface just walks up

*SPOILER*

in a party bus full of influencers and slices through them like warm butter. Very satisfying.

”Try anything and you’re cancelled, bro” ?

Edited by NMErickson
spoiler tag not working correctly
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, JRPGChris said:

Sofia Coppola getting killed in The Godfather Part III is also up there, but that was because she was such a horrible actress in that role.

This.  This.  This.  Her acting was absolutely Godawful in that movie.

One of my favorite kill scenes is in the remake of The Last House on the Left, toward the end, where they nuke the jerk's head in the microwave.

• Like 1

There are a few definite classics that come to mind, like Quint's death in Jaws, or the scene in the fourth Rambo where Rambo rips out a guy's throat with his bare hands.

One of my personal favourites, though, is the finale from the 1986 road/horror movie The Hitcher, where Rutger Hauer's psychopathic villain meets his end.  It's not so much that the death scene is overly gruesome (despite the film being blasted at the time for its "horrible violence"), but more for its symbolism and the way in which the film handles the scene.  There's very little dialogue between the protagonist and antagonist, there's no cheesy wisecrack right before the kill, and the whole scene features stunning cinematography, with relatively little music.

Hauer gives a truly terrifying performance in this film, which makes it all the more satisfying to see him receive his just desserts at the end.

• Like 2